Texas O-line talk

Coach pop a bitch

Neto was missing blocks all over the place in the spring game. We've already seen Quinn get hurt this year, now is not the time to bring in a guy who could throw the entire left side of the OL into disarray. We'll live with Conner for now, especially since we'll be throwing a bit more with Brooks out.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

It took Campbell an entire redshirt year + like half a season to come into his own. Why do we think rolling out Neto in game 11 would be a good idea? I still don’t understand your point. We’ve never seen him in extended action. It’s wishcasting.

They made the change to Campbell when he showed he was ready and I’m sure they would do the same at another spot if the same thing happened. 

Just my guess but Campbell is probably the reason Neto didn’t see time. He is coming on now, but he was really up and down through out the season. His PFF grades were pretty much in line with Conner on the season going into this week. I don’t think the coaches wanted to put Neto and Campbell out there, especially through the 1half of the season. Now that Campbell has settled down you could consider the move 

For the sake of being even-handed, the OL and Hayden Conner in particular had a hell of a game on Saturday in Ames. Conner was actually moving his feet on contact and driving people 2-3 yards on more than one occasion. 

Hopefully he maintains that level of nasty going forward. Good job guys.

Another thing that needs to be praised is the ability to develop Christian Jones into a right tackle. We all heard the stories of how the staff thought he was going to be good and in the beginning I couldn't see it. He held on to that right tackle spot and lived there.  Gonna miss him next season. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

That RT spot is gonna be tough to battle next season. Besides Williams don't cojoe and goosby project there as well, along with baker? 

I think Goobsy is getting run at LT.  May take over for Banks in 25' season.  

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

2024 - Banks-Conner-Majors-Campbell-Williams, all those guys could be gone after next season. 

Neto and Hutson still be here in 25'??

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Vertigo said:

How does a 270 lb center have that high of a pass grade?

Don't gotta be big to be effective. He's athletic, plays with good leverage, and consistently uses good technique out there. You almost never see him off balance out there. He's also flanked and assisted by two giant guards.