Louisiana Tech @ Texas 7 PM 8/31 on LHN

Machinator

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

I didn’t realize at the games that Boyce was the DB that completely gave up on the 3rd down catch he gave up because he thought it was incomplete. Man, he was truly terrible. Need one of Cook or Jamison to start vs. LSU. 

Boyce should only be on special teams versus LSU. Cook probably starts and Jamison backs him up.

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I didn’t realize at the games that Boyce was the DB that completely gave up on the 3rd down catch he gave up because he thought it was incomplete. Man, he was truly terrible. Need one of Cook or Jamison to start vs. LSU. 

Well I guess we've established that he'll play and shouldn't transfer. It's Jamison/Cook time. If Cook can be Amik Robertson like, that's great.

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

Boyce should only be on special teams versus LSU. Cook probably starts and Jamison backs him up.

Just now, texifornia said:

Well I guess we've established that he'll play and shouldn't transfer. It's Jamison/Cook time. If Cook can be Amik Robertson like, that's great.

I was at the game so it was hard to tell. I saw Jamison some in the second half. Did cook get in? Also, what was the split between those 3 in the second half?

boyce strikes me as a good practice player who just loses his mind under the lights. 

16 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Holy shit. We finally got to a point where the backup QB entered the game in garbage time for non-emergency purposes. Small steps. 

told my brother the night of the sugar bowl last january that a true sign of progress this year would be blowing out the teams we should be blowing out.  off to a good start this year.

• Like 2

and you know that fuck wrote that question weeks ago.  He was fucking ready to pounce on asking a question that no one else was even contemplating to ask, not because it would piss Tom off, but because it was 3 fucking years ago and "water under the dam".  No need to ask the fucking question, you gained nothing by asking it, other than showing you are still a cocksucker
No, that was Chip trying to stir some shit and get bulletin board material for LSU so he could spend the entire week writing about everyone mouthing off to each other.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

I was at the game so it was hard to tell. I saw Jamison some in the second half. Did cook get in? Also, what was the split between those 3 in the second half?

All of the cornerbacks played. Jamison and Cook saw meaningful snaps, I think.

Edited by Machinator

4 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

told my brother the night of the sugar bowl last january that a true sign of progress this year would be blowing out the teams we should be blowing out.  off to a good start this year.

I once heard: "first you lose small, then you win small, then you win big" 

3 minutes ago, SKA the boss said:

Great time at the game tonight. Is it just me or did the godzillatron volume go up to unbearable again?

It got pretty loud. CDC didn't seem to have a problem with it though so I think we'll have to live with it and hope that it helps the students stay engaged.

Ingram looks great. I don't think he has the speed to bust a lot of really long ones, but he's got truly fantastic feet and vision.  If he's going to be breaking tackles like that, he's going to get a lot of yards this year.  

The OL could be really good this year. I would have been happy with above average.  I'm sure they'll have struggles against LSU next week, but later in the year they could be doing very good things, consistently.  

Eagles looks athletic as fuck. Athletically, he reminds me of Dez Bryant out there.  

I am a little concerned about how LA Tech moved the ball on our defense. A lot of their drives stalled, but better offensive teams will be able to sustain those types of drives. We need to fix some stuff. I hope to hell Cook is really our #2 CB. I'm a little concerned Jamison didn't win more playing time over Boyce.  We stuffed the run well, but I'm not sure if we're going to have a good pass rush this year.  Perhaps Ossai can provide a good pass rush, but I'm not sure who else can.  I don't think Roach has the athleticism for it. TQ is looking like a JAG so far.  

Defense will be a work in progress over the first half if the season or so. A lot of talent but a lot if it, especially in the secondary, is very raw and it will take time before they can consistently execute without hardly ever busting coverage and missing tackles. The offense and Ehlinger need to carry the team on the defense next week because this defense will give up some points to LSU. Just need them to also force turnovers and do just enough to win. 

• immamac unfeatured and unpinned this topic