Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

19 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

These pics are of him on the Michigan sideline. How’s he elsewhere scouting other teams live, and on the sidelines at the same time?

If it's an elaborate scheme involving technology, it's because he's having people film the opponent sidelines during games and then analyzing that film and relaying it on the sideline during gameday.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Hook 'Em 2

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a reason every team has elaborate schemes and diversions with hand signals and billboards when sending in plays - it's because anyone on the other team with a pulse would read, interpret, and use stolen signals to gain an advantage.

If he's studying plays called, do a better job of disguising your calls.  Fuck MI, their team, coaches, and fans, but I'm not seeing a grand conspiracy here?  What am I missing?

13 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

There's a reason every team has elaborate schemes and diversions with hand signals and billboards when sending in plays - it's because anyone on the other team with a pulse would read, interpret, and use stolen signals to gain an advantage.

If he's studying plays called, do a better job of disguising your calls.  Fuck MI, their team, coaches, and fans, but I'm not seeing a grand conspiracy here?  What am I missing?

Missing what they don't know yet... It would not take much at all to setup an AI system with a camera pointed at the other teams signalers that can real-time determine/feed him the calls based on prior offsite recordings.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Missing what they don't know yet... It would not take much at all to setup an AI system with a camera pointed at the other teams signalers that can real-time determine/feed him the calls based on prior offsite recordings.

Apparently the "rule" that Mich violated was part of the NCAA handbook, not whatever "official rules of football" handbook. I dunno. I kinda think this ends up being nothing.

Edited by Pam Cummings

The staffer recruited a bunch of non-Michigan affiliated 3rd parties to attend games and record sidelines of future Michigan opponents. That's the so-called "vast network." Wait until the story comes out of how he recruited the "scouts." It's Bud Fox level hustle that would make Gordon Gekko smile.

Obviously he'll lose his analyst gig at Michigan and probably have a show-cause if he ever wants to get near a college AD again but he's 100% going to land a plum job doing corporate espionage work eventually.

The Michigan Difference.

From MGOBLOG. Enough credence behind it that they put it on the front page. 

6 hours ago, Juicy said:

no they aren't. Literally everyone wants a lifetime contract at this point. 

Not all.  But there is already a group who are starting to question.  FSU was the same,  hell we were the same with Mack.....   

Granted, when winning, the vast majority don't question shit, but when you can find the fee posts or responses to posts on social media in the middle of the streak they have been on as of late, there tends to be a lot more who are also getting uneasy about what is going on for real....

I moved from Michigan a few years ago, but still have friends and family there.  From what I hear, this newest thing has put a little rift between the boosters.  There are a few who believe that if this turns out to be more than just a simple investigation, Harbaugh is headed back to the NFL and the University will wish him the best... 

Harbaugh is a good coach. He does what he can to gain every advantage... ... And there is a lot of Michigan people who think he's guilty of this.  Not everyone pulls a Baylor with their fingers in their ears until there's no more denying, much less an aggy, who refuses to see anything no matter what until the corch hasn't led them to their "natty" after 5 years. 

He's done something to piss off  the NCAA.  They haven't done this much "investing"  since who knows when.

I don't disagree there. Jimmy really seems like he doesn't give a fuck anymore, and after OkieST cooperated with the NCAA/FBI thing and none of the other schools did, and they were the only ones to get punished who fucking cares about the NCAA. 

The networks run college football now. 

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

I don't disagree there. Jimmy really seems like he doesn't give a fuck anymore, and after OkieST cooperated with the NCAA/FBI thing and none of the other schools did, and they were the only ones to get punished who fucking cares about the NCAA. 

The networks run college football now. 

No sleepovers with recruits for a year. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Deej said:

No sleepovers with recruits for a year. 

Oh man. If you take away climbing trees and playing shirts and skins along with it Jimmy may as well just hang em up. All that for a headcase kicker too. 

In other news. Michigan is finally getting a new locker room. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cyl_1k_xwmc/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA%3D%3D

Edited by Juicy
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I dunno. I kinda think this ends up being nothing.

I don't know either, but I know that the scandals that become sticky and permanent are the ones that line up with already-held grievances.  And it seems like a lot of people already don't like Harbaugh's demeanor.  

On a side note here:  if I were a coach getting paid tens of millions of dollars to coach for a school whose brand is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, I'd be 100% aware that there's an information war happening as part of the game -- programs are trying to get a competitive edge.  They had better act accordingly (e.g. don't use hand signals like you're at a division III school in the 1970's).

Shit, Ed Biles was doing this as the Oilers' defensive coordinator in 1979.  

https://vault.si.com/vault/1980/01/07/the-stolen-signals-caper

Edited by Paul Wesley

11 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Rece Davis was on the radio a couple days after RRS and swore that on Ewers first pick that it looked like OU started moving in that direction before the ball was even snapped and he surmised that they had picked up one of our signs

Yep. I absolutely believe Venables is still up to it. Really could explain some of the lopsided scores between us over the years.

Sooners are cheating trash anyway.

12 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Yep. I absolutely believe Venables is still up to it. Really could explain some of the lopsided scores between us over the years.

Several (many?) coaching against Clemson when he was DC swore they were victimized.

You'd think that highly paid tacticians would plan around that and signal accordingly, but...

EDIT: I suspect they may have had intel on play script, as well.

Edited by Tex Long

6 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Babers said on his podcast that he (himself) knew exactly what the play was going to be based on Texas' personnel and alignment - we had run the same routes from the same formation vs Bama (and maybe others).  He agrees that the OU defense acted like they knew the play. 

I would bet the house that most/all of our opponents are trying to steal signs... but that particular play might just be opposing players who watch film + a failure in self-scouting.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

I would bet the house that most/all of our opponents are trying to steal signs... but that particular play might just be opposing players who watch film + a failure in self-scouting.  

I am just saying that with the prior allegations against Venables and what we watched a couple of weeks ago, it all makes sense. I didn't really think about it when Venables was at Clemson. They had a talent advantage and mostly beat up on shitty teams 3/4 of each year. It would certainly mesh with the way they shut down our offenses when Mack was here, to include 12-0 and what they did to Vince in 2004.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

I am just saying that with the prior allegations against Venables and what we watched a couple of weeks ago, it all makes sense. I didn't really think about it when Venables was at Clemson. They had a talent advantage and mostly beat up on shitty teams 3/4 of each year. It would certainly mesh with the way they shut down our offenses when Mack was here, to include 12-0 and what they did to Vince in 2004.

Which is true of us, too. And several others.

I wonder if today's rules would cover that time in 1972 when that sooner cocksucker, Larry Lacewell--I'm sorry, I misspoke. I shouldn't have called him a cocksucker; I should have called him that rotten-ass, syphilis-infected  cocksucker, Larry Lacewell--sent that other rotten-ass, syphilis-infected  cocksucker, Lonnie Williams, to pose as a painter working inside Memorial Stadium and spy on Longhorn practices?  Makes Venables' modern-day shenanigans look like child's play by comparison.  Never forget.

I wonder if today's rules would cover that time in 1972 when that sooner cocksucker, Larry Lacewell--I'm sorry, I misspoke. I shouldn't have called him a cocksucker; I should have called him that rotten-ass, syphilis-infected  cocksucker, Larry Lacewell--sent that other rotten-ass, syphilis-infected  cocksucker, Lonnie Williams, to pose as a painter working inside Memorial Stadium and spy on Longhorn practices?  Makes Venables' modern-day shenanigans look like child's play by comparison.  Never forget.
When referring to Sooners you need to be a bit more specific. What if there are two or more Larry Lacewells who are associated with that pit of suck above the Red River?

9 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, Royale with cheese said:

When referring to Sooners you need to be a bit more specific. What if there are two or more Larry Lacewells who are associated with that pit of suck above the Red River?

Not when it comes to cocksucking. With sooner it's implicit ...

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Royale with cheese said:

First, cocksucker or not, I recall Larry more as a Barry cuck, so maybe refer to him as a cocksucking cuckold. Maybe cucksucker?

Second, you're delusional if you think that newer versions of that sort of shit doesn't happen in the pure, modern, well-regulated NCAA football world. Technology FTMFW.

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan