Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

16 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

He pretty much admitted as much when he said he wouldn't trade his HOF for more superbowls.  Him being front in center is his true motivation. 

He's already got three Super Bowl rings so this isn't a situation where he's chasing that elusive first title like Art Modell or something.

3 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Yeah I get it, but I am not the one making the claim that he wants to win more than anything/anyone. 

I think he truly wants to win as much as anyone else would but doesn't appear to have the right structure in place to accomplish that without some minor miracles.

The idiots who continue to say Jerry doesn't want to win are fucking stupid.

Of course he wants to win(imagine how much more money he'd make if they did).

The issue is HE wants credit for them winning.   That's where the disconnect is. If he would take a step back, let others take the lead, they'd probably have already had some success since 95...but since he wants at least some of the credit that he think Jimmy got for those early SB's, so he continues to do it his own way, and it's wrong.

So stop this stupid "Jerry only cares about money not winning" crap.  He just wants to be seen as the reason the Cowboys win is all.

• Like 1

If he only wants to win if he can claim 100 percent credit for the win then he doesn't really want to win. He's just the world's biggest attention whore. 

Real winners want to win no matter what help they receive along the way. Egotistical maniacs only want credit and if they can't get it then fuck everyone else. If he wasn't like this he would have hired a real coach/real GM and stepped back a long time ago when it was apparent he doesn't have the skills to get the job done. 

Edited by Junior Miller

54 minutes ago, Drew said:

The issue is HE wants credit for them winning.   That's where the disconnect is. If he would take a step back, let others take the lead, they'd probably have already had some success since 95...but since he wants at least some of the credit that he think Jimmy got for those early SB's, so he continues to do it his own way, and it's wrong.

So stop this stupid "Jerry only cares about money not winning" crap.  He just wants to be seen as the reason the Cowboys win is all.

drew going hard in the paint with never before seen hot takes.  you’re a beacon of original thought. 

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Did you like those three super bowls?  I hope you did.  I hope you did very much.

• Like 2

Pretty much.  He thinks he had more to do with them than he did, and is mad as hell he doesn't get the credit that Jimmy does.

That's why he's so bullish on doing it his way.  Not because he doesn't care about winning(he absolutely does), he's just so stuck in the idea of getting the credit he keeps fucking up.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

Pretty much.  He thinks he had more to do with them than he did, and is mad as hell he doesn't get the credit that Jimmy does.

That's why he's so bullish on doing it his way.  Not because he doesn't care about winning(he absolutely does), he's just so stuck in the idea of getting the credit he keeps fucking up.

wow I’ve never heard this before.  you are cutting edge with your sports opinions, drew. 

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

If he only wants to win if he can claim 100 percent credit for the win then he doesn't really want to win. He's just the world's biggest attention whore. 

Real winners want to win no matter what help they receive along the way. Egotistical maniacs only want credit and if they can't get it then fuck everyone else. If he wasn't like this he would have hired a real coach/real GM and stepped back a long time ago when it was apparent he doesn't have the skills to get the job done. 

He did with Bill. Hated it. 

3 hours ago, yoladu said:

i don't follow the Cowboys closely, but i was taken aback when i realized that this is Jason Garrett's 9th full year of coaching the Cowboys.

Not too may coaches have a tenure with that length with so little to show for it. Never been to the NFC Championship Game, correct?

Belichick 2000 - 6 super bowls

Payton 2006 - ! Super Bowl

Tomlinson 2007 - 1 Super Bowl

HJarbaugh 2008 - 1 Super Bowl

Garrett 2010 - pretty much nothing

Carroll 2010 - 1 Super Bowl

Rivera 2011 - NFC Championship/Payed in a Super Bowl

Kisses Jerrah's ass and is .500 or better every year. Check. That is all that is needed to be the Cowboys head coach.  When will people learn that the only thing that matters to Jerrah is that his ego is stroked. All these national reporters that state Jerry wants to win are idiots.

2 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

He admitted he only did that to appease the fans enough to get voters to pass a tax bill to fund his new stadium. Even that was nothing but self serving motivation that had nothing to do with winning games or titles. 

Source?

As if I need another reason to despise him. 

Edited by cactusflinthead

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Source?

Well known fact. Google it. From what I recall he had the balls to say it in a radio interview or some interview.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/jerry-jones-speaks-out-about-secret-video/411650329

News broke due to video leak. He then tried to spin it.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Well known fact. Google it. From what I recall he had the balls to say it in a radio interview or some interview.

Like anyone can actually tell what Jerry is saying when he speaks.

"Jerry talk to us about why you brought Bill Parcells in to coach and for the first time since Jimmy ceded more control over the team to the head coach"

"Well thank you for that question because as you know we do and we are and I was sure that Bill would do a good job and let me just say that while I am, the stadium was."

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Drew said:

He did pony up the money to buy the team, fired Landry (needed to be done) and brought on Coach Jimmy Jumpup. I give him some credit for that.

Now it's just hubris. He thinks he's got what it takes to wear a bunch of different hats, including GM, and still win a Super Bowl. He doesn't, though he has gotten better. It's still not good enough.

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

Source?

There’s no source for any of this shit.  It’s the same useless dribble being regurgitated by a bunch of simple-minded arm chair owners who can’t think for themselves that’s been spewed for years.  That theory about Jerry’s ego and not wanting to win and he needs to step aside and hire a football guy may have applied 20 years ago.  Now it’s just tired and lazy.

Jerry has been very clear that he and his family are going to be hands on with this thing from the jump.  Yet, here some of you are all these years later still acting like you expect it to change.  It won’t.  Maybe some of you need to find a new team if you don’t want a hands on owner.  Because it ain’t happening with the Cowboys.

I guarantee nobody wants to win more than Jerry.  Especially at his age.  I also guarantee there are few people on earth with more football knowledge than the Jones family.  They’ve been living and breathing this shit for decades.  Especially as it all pertains to the Cowboys.

Now, conversely, I also guarantee there is a hell of a lot more to owning the biggest sports franchise in the world than just winning and losing.  That’s what this bunch of simpletons on the internet who think they know better than Jerry fucking Jones and family can’t get their heads around.

• Like 1

Jerry proves everyday he is Ok with mediocrity by continuing to employ Garrett as his head coach.  when the eventual 7-9 or 8-8 and losing the division happens maybe we get a change.

yes, he is running a business called the Dallas Cowboys,  that doesn't mean he really knows shitall about football.  his record since Jimmy Johnson left pretty much proves it.

16 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

There’s no source for any of this shit.  It’s the same useless dribble being regurgitated by a bunch of simple-minded arm chair owners who can’t think for themselves that’s been spewed for years.  That theory about Jerry’s ego and not wanting to win and he needs to step aside and hire a football guy may have applied 20 years ago.  Now it’s just tired and lazy.

Jerry has been very clear that he and his family are going to be hands on with this thing from the jump.  Yet, here some of you are all these years later still acting like you expect it to change.  It won’t.  Maybe some of you need to find a new team if you don’t want a hands on owner.  Because it ain’t happening with the Cowboys.

I guarantee nobody wants to win more than Jerry.  Especially at his age.  I also guarantee there are few people on earth with more football knowledge than the Jones family.  They’ve been living and breathing this shit for decades.  Especially as it all pertains to the Cowboys.

Now, conversely, I also guarantee there is a hell of a lot more to owning the biggest sports franchise in the world than just winning and losing.  That’s what this bunch of simpletons on the internet who think they know better than Jerry fucking Jones and family can’t get their heads around.

I don't think anyone questions Jerry's business/financial acumen. That's a proven quantity. But the evidence to date is that there are a fair number of professionals with more football knowledge than the Jones family, and other owners have found success by simply hiring them and letting them do their jobs. 

Now is Jerry a better owner than, say, Daniel Snyder?  Sure. Jerry has evidenced the ability to learn some things, which Snyder never has. But Jerry's "hands-on" approach  the last 22 years hasn't produced a whole lot of success. Even he has noted that he'd fire a GM with his record. So I would say that fans, who put money in Jerry's pockets,  have every right to complain until the day Jerry becomes some Stalinesque dictator of the US, which is hopefully never.     

Edited by Tired Horn
typo

23 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

I found some links to it. It wasn't a radio interview, but a covert recording of him being drunkenly truthful. 

Jones, though, hasn’t changed much. He once again was caught making some ill-advised comments in a restaurant bar last week.

Jones didn’t know his comments were being taped - it’s unknown who did the taping - but after a 47-second video of his comments appeared on deadspin.com, Jones once against found himself in the middle of a controversy.

Jones said in the video that former coach Bill Parcells “isn’t worth a [expletive]″ and said he hired him to make a splash and help get his new stadium built. And he knocked Tim Tebow, saying he couldn’t get the quarterback on the field if the Cowboys drafted him.

https://www.jacksonville.com/article/20100417/SPORTS/801253939

I've accepted that he's going to keep fucking it up until he dies. The only thing that will change things is his absence and that might not happen for a couple of decades. Fucker might see triple digits. He's got Keith Richards genes. 

Edited by cactusflinthead
Nihilism

51 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Jerry proves everyday he is Ok with mediocrity by continuing to employ Garrett as his head coach.  when the eventual 7-9 or 8-8 and losing the division happens maybe we get a change.

yes, he is running a business called the Dallas Cowboys,  that doesn't mean he really knows shitall about football.  his record since Jimmy Johnson left pretty much proves it.

I don't think I'd use the word "mediocrity" to describe the Cowboys, at least in the last 5 or 6 years. They've been better than that. They've been pretty good for the most part, yet nowhere near elite and certainly nowhere near title-worthy. Garrett's overall W/L record is respectable. His win percentage is actually higher than Jimmy Johnson's. It's just some of the losses are real head-scratchers. I'm ready for change at the HC spot. I think it's time.

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

May be able to play after Thanksgiving is the early plan.

Unless something has drastically changed from last year, XSF is a better guard than Connor right now. It seems like Connor got his job back because of a lot of politics, because XSF didn’t lose his job last year. He got hurt near the end of the year and Connor stepped in and played well enough. But that’s your 2nd round pick, and XSF is a guy that anyone could’ve signed. 

Just makes you wonder what’s really going on, because we ran the ball pretty damn effectively last year with Looney and XSF. Not saying they’re better, but we got better results last year. Maybe it’s Zeke, maybe Fredrick has regressed more than we could’ve imagined, who knows.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Unless something has drastically changed from last year, XSF is a better guard than Connor right now. It seems like Connor got his job back because of a lot of politics, because XSF didn’t lose his job last year. He got hurt near the end of the year and Connor stepped in and played well enough. But that’s your 2nd round pick, and XSF is a guy that anyone could’ve signed. 

Just makes you wonder what’s really going on, because we ran the ball pretty damn effectively last year with Looney and XSF. Not saying they’re better, but we got better results last year. Maybe it’s Zeke, maybe Fredrick has regressed more than we could’ve imagined, who knows.

Agreed. I know he's a Horn and we love our Texas exes, but Connor is extremely mediocre.

17 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

This pic says it all. But more than that, why in the fuck are we running a run play towards him with the game on the line? 

EJG9U3EWwAA9dbh?format=jpg&name=medium

Apparently this play was an RPO and the coverage dictated that he should hand the ball off. Obviously didn’t expect Fredrick (or Connor?) to get beat as badly as they did. 

not sure if that’s true at all, but that’s what’s been floating around Cowboys Twitter. 

3 hours ago, hookem48 said:

but he is chasing that first elusive title without Jimmy getting credit

jerry will die without the validation he so passionately craves.  in spite of all the fortune and glory he accumulated over the years the city of dallas will for the most part remember him as an inept clown.  poor guy. 

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

jerry will die without the validation he so passionately craves.  in spite of all the fortune and glory he accumulated over the years the city of dallas will for the most part remember him as an inept clown.  poor guy. 

you're wrong, Jerry will out live us all 

Another thing that was frustrating about last night is Dak fucking balled out. The Vikings eliminated Zeke from the game and Dak had to put the team on his back, and he basically did. Might have been had his best game ever. But in the end, he was let down by our coaching/play calling. 

**insert ridiculous futureman post about Dak here**

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Apparently this play was an RPO and the coverage dictated that he should hand the ball off. Obviously didn’t expect Fredrick (or Connor?) to get beat as badly as they did. 

not sure if that’s true at all, but that’s what’s been floating around Cowboys Twitter. 

I saw Baldinger break that play down. Frederick completely whiffed and Connor let him by and was looking for a block at the second level. Just shit line play there.

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Another thing that was frustrating about last night is Dak fucking balled out. The Vikings eliminated Zeke from the game and Dak had to put the team on his back, and he basically did. Might have been had his best game ever. But in the end, he was let down by our coaching/play calling. 

**insert ridiculous futureman post about Dak here**

dak is the luckiest qb in the league.  should have thrown two pick sixes last night and about five in the last three weeks.  he throws some horrifically bad balls.  the fact that it hasn’t been more of an issue is similar to having a high BABIP in baseball; he will stop being so lucky in short order.  

but, he isn’t winning games anyway so it might be irrelevant. 

55 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

This pic says it all. But more than that, why in the fuck are we running a run play towards him with the game on the line? 

EJG9U3EWwAA9dbh?format=jpg&name=medium

I’m assuming Connors assignment was to block #54?  Looks clear that #72 just got blown by with the game on the line.  

57 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

23 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I saw Baldinger break that play down. Frederick completely whiffed and Connor let him by and was looking for a block at the second level. Just shit line play there.

i blame connor more than frederick there.  connor should've engaged him before getting to the second level.  you can't just stick a hand out there at the snap. 

also if it was an RPO why would connor have looked to get downfield that quickly?  we would've been flagged if dak had chosen to pass. 

5 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

May I interrupt this feud just long enough to note that the regression of our linebacker play has actually surprised me a bit.

This puzzles me too.  Vander Esch looked like one of the best natural tacklers I'd ever seen in my life to my less-than-expert eye his rookie year.  So good at just dusting dudes right at the point of contact; they drop or they go backwards, no yards after contact.  This year he looks like he's showing just occasional flashes of those kinds of plays that used to be pretty much automatic.  Can't figure it out.  

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

I don't think I'd use the word "mediocrity" to describe the Cowboys, at least in the last 5 or 6 years. They've been better than that. They've been pretty good for the most part, yet nowhere near elite and certainly nowhere near title-worthy. Garrett's overall W/L record is respectable. His win percentage is actually higher than Jimmy Johnson's. It's just some of the losses are real head-scratchers. I'm ready for change at the HC spot. I think it's time.

Jimmy Johnson only one one game IIRC in his first year at the Cowboys , which tends to throw the stats off a bit, but never looked back after that. Garrett is no Jimmy Johnson, not to mention the ringless fingers. But I don’t know why it matters, Jerrah has been trolling Cowboy fans for 20 years with his shit, he cares only about the brand making money, his record proves it. It is his right, it’s his team, but he gives no fucks, but Cowboy fans just can’t believe that, even though it’s been a 2 decade golden shower from him.