Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

5 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’m not even talking about him early on in his career. I’m talking about now that all of those guys are gone. But you could see the flashes early on of what Russ could become. Dak has shown flashes of being a really good qb. He hasn’t shown that type of flash. 

I 100% agree that Russ is better. You could see it when he was at NC State. 

2 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

There’s absolutely no reason Drew Brees should be on this team over Dak. He played 7 games so far this season. It’s all because of name.

Well and that he's a fuck ton better than Dak Prescott both this season and for every season of Dak's existence.

10 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Well and that he's a fuck ton better than Dak Prescott both this season and for every season of Dak's existence.

At best, we’re splitting hairs and there’s no good argument against either. But the more realistic viewpoint is, Brees has been significantly better than Dak this year. Kind of a dumb argument. Most of Dak’s stats are against the giants, redskins, dolphins, the Vikings and eagles god awful pass defenses, and the Lions. I get it, you can only play the teams on your schedule, but when he’s had the matchups against the tough defenses, he’s kinda looked like shit. I like Dak. I’m no futureman. I think he has promise. But he isn’t a pro bowler this year. He might be an alternate, but even then, he hasn’t had a pro bowl caliber year IMO. 

5 hours ago, 'stache said:

This is a seriously dumbass take. Yes, Wilson is better than Dak, that's not really in dispute. But you put Wilson on this team with these bumblefuck coaches and managers, and he'd be a monster QB averaging 8-8 every year. Maybe he could get that average to 9-7. Ginger would waste his abilities like he has Dak and Romo before him. Because he is a bad, terrible, ridiculously awful coach.

Yes, coaching matters but Dak isn't close to Wilson. Wilson makes up for any number of mistakes from bad play calling to a horrendous offensive line as well as a mediocre at best receiving core.  Wilson makes all the players and coaches better, while Dak needs better coaches and players around him to be successful.   I'm sorry to be the one that has to break it to you.

Edited by Hate

That's laughable. A QB on a 7-7 team with five of the wins against teams currently 3-11. A QB that was horrific against the Saints, Patriots, Jets, Bills, and Bears. 

He wasn’t horrible against the bills or the bears. The defense played a huge part in most of the losses.

I look at Dak as a pro bowl type QB while Brees and Wilson are all pro type QB’s.

You can win a super bowl with a pro bowl level QB. Dak isn’t holding this team back. This year its defense and special teams which is nothing but coaching

• Like 1

That's laughable. A QB on a 7-7 team with five of the wins against teams currently 3-11. A QB that was horrific against the Saints, Patriots, Jets, Bills, and Bears. 
Dak.....65.6 completion % , 4,334yds , 8.4 yds per pass , 73.3 qbr , yac 1703 ,

Rodgers....63.6 completion % , 3,463yds , 7.3 yds per pass , 53.8 qbr , yac 1706 ,

Remember when everyone was talking about how dak didnt throw for over 200 yds are however much....rodgers this year as 6 games under 210 yards and 10 games under 250 yards.(dak 5 games under 250yds)

Also just a fyi since you like matchups a third of rodgers td passes came in only 2 games against the giants and raiders

Bears game...tell me which one is horrific

A: 55 cmp% 1 td 0 int
B: 60 cmp% 1 td 0 int
C: 48 cmp% 1 td 0 int

One is dak and 2 are rodgers and cowboys put the highest score up out of the 3 games yet with a thing called defense the packers won both games.

Record is a nonfactor for personal awards and rodgers got it on name only
  • Like 1

Again, the cowboys are the kings of empty stats this year. It's why stats only tell a small portion of the story. In the Bears, Packers, Bills games Dak and the offense did nothing for over 3 quarters until the game was out of doubt then put up empty stats and points in garbage time. 

Get me stats that take out garbage time and see what it looks like. 

Again, they've had a ridiculously easy schedule and have beaten up on 3-11 teams for 71 percent of their wins. They've lost to a garbage team. This past Sunday was the only time they beat a team you could classify as above average. 

Is he a pro bowl QB after Brees, Garoppolo, Wilson, and Rodgers all either can't play or decide not to? Yeah, but he's not a pro bowler as one of the two or three best QBs in the NFC. 

Again, the cowboys are the kings of empty stats this year. It's why stats only tell a small portion of the story. In the Bears, Packers, Bills games Dak and the offense did nothing for over 3 quarters until the game was out of doubt then put up empty stats and points in garbage time. 
Get me stats that take out garbage time and see what it looks like. 
Again, they've had a ridiculously easy schedule and have beaten up on 3-11 teams for 71 percent of their wins. They've lost to a garbage team. This past Sunday was the only time they beat a team you could classify as above average. 
Is he a pro bowl QB after Brees, Garoppolo, Wilson, and Rodgers all either can't play or decide not to? Yeah, but he's not a pro bowler as one of the two or three best QBs in the NFC. 
That is not the argument....you think rodgers is a pro bowler with his stats over dak or cousins
Everyone should be over rodgers.
Rodgers is trash this year and is 17th in qbr

I
  • Like 1

This team is completely on or completely off in the red zone which is what is so maddening.  they have zero consistency.

they are 2nd in yards per drive but are dead last in starting field position.  IMO this has a lot to do with special teams.  we never flip the field with punts and we constantly get put in horrible field position due to missed FG's(which are basically turnovers), crappy punting and overall bad return play.  If we had a good FG and punting it might be worth 2 wins this year.

no consistency and the fact they rarely have both O and D playing well in the same game points totally to coaching IMO.  They have the talent(DB's IMO are weakest link).  this team should be 10-4 right now with NFL level coaching.

Pro football reference has them at an expected record of ~9-5.    That's a pretty huge underperformance; you've got to go back to the Chan Gailey era to find something like that in previous team history.  It does seem squarely on coaching; my gut estimate is that consistent and terrible patterns of clock management, use of tempo, settling for extremely low percentage field goals, etc. has cost the team about 3-4 ppg this season.  

So how about the Eagles game?

I realize it's foolhardy to count on the Cowboys, but I still think we should win this one. We're certainly nothing special, but the Eagles seem even less special than us. Their defense is a tired mess more often than not, their wide receiver group is borderline pathetic, and they've gone down to the wire against the Giants and the Skins the last two weeks. I Dak can play at any reasonable level, I think we take them, even at Philly.

If Cooper Rush winds up playing, however, all bets are off.

If Dak and the offense can't put up points against the horrible defense then that's massive underachieving performance. 

I do think the Eagles offense is a bad matchup for the Cowboys though. Without the receivers they'll be running a lot more through to tight ends and lining up the tight ends as receivers, and that's precisely the kind of change that Garrett doesn't adjust to. I could see the small corners getting absolutely smoked to the ball by the bigger tight ends down the field and dumb fucks not doing anything to adjust to it

Anyone who talks about what a good year dak has had is mainly living off of the first three games and empty stats at the end of the garbage games where they're getting beat bad. If you take away those first three performances against 3 win teams he's 4-7 with 5 bad performances against the Packers, Bills, Bears, Patriots, and Jets. He had one great performance in a loss to Vikings and nearly great performances in a wins over Rams and Eagles. That's pretty much it. Horribly inconsistent season after what looked like a fantastic beginning. 

3 hours ago, dcar00 said:

This team is completely on or completely off in the red zone which is what is so maddening.  they have zero consistency.

they are 2nd in yards per drive but are dead last in starting field position.  IMO this has a lot to do with special teams.  we never flip the field with punts and we constantly get put in horrible field position due to missed FG's(which are basically turnovers), crappy punting and overall bad return play.  If we had a good FG and punting it might be worth 2 wins this year.

no consistency and the fact they rarely have both O and D playing well in the same game points totally to coaching IMO.  They have the talent(DB's IMO are weakest link).  this team should be 10-4 right now with NFL level coaching.

No. Bad starting field position is mainly the defense. We allow teams to put together good length drives. We force very few turnovers. In fact, we went over 4 games in a row without one single turnover. That is fucking pathetic. When we do allow a punt, they have already driven a good distance and then pin us deep with a punt. Minimal turnovers and very few quick stops allow for us to have god awful starting field position.

Yes, the special teams is an issue as well but the defense is a much bigger issue overall in so many aspects.

12 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

As a fan, it is my goal to watch 2 butt fuck teams play for a division title to get to 8 wins in week 16. Riveting stuff. 

I hear you, but winning the division is 1000% better then letting those shit heads and their neanderthal fans win one. 

• Like 1

Anyone who talks about what a good year dak has had is mainly living off of the first three games and empty stats at the end of the garbage games where they're getting beat bad. If you take away those first three performances against 3 win teams he's 4-7 with 5 bad performances against the Packers, Bills, Bears, Patriots, and Jets. He had one great performance in a loss to Vikings and nearly great performances in a wins over Rams and Eagles. That's pretty much it. Horribly inconsistent season after what looked like a fantastic beginning. 
Again, you keep saying things that no one is talking about.
I showed you rodgers was worse/equal to dak in bears matchups
Everyone is pretty bad against pats
Lets take away rodgers 3 best games and he has 12 td's in 12 games
Dak also has better numbers in the detroit lions game over rodgers.

You keep putting words in peoples mouth because you are getting crap for saying it was laughable that dak was better than rodgers this year.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Again, you keep saying things that no one is talking about.
I showed you rodgers was worse/equal to dak in bears matchups
Everyone is pretty bad against pats
Lets take away rodgers 3 best games and he has 12 td's in 12 games
Dak also has better numbers in the detroit lions game over rodgers.

You keep putting words in peoples mouth because you are getting crap for saying it was laughable that dak was better than rodgers this year.

I don't give a fuck about Rodgers. I'm talking about Dak. It doesn't matter because three QBs are clearly way better than him this season in the NFC anyway and that doesn't include Rodgers. He rightfully wasn't voted into the pro bowl

46 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I hear you, but winning the division is 1000% better then letting those shit heads and their neanderthal fans win one. 

Oh no I agree I just chuckled at Dak saying this was his goal growing up. This is not some high powered show down where both teams have been great all year. This is a short bus slap fight at this point. But playoffs are better than no playoffs. And beating the Eagles to end their season would be fun. Especially in Philly. 

• Like 1

I don't give a fuck about Rodgers. I'm talking about Dak. It doesn't matter because three QBs are clearly way better than him this season in the NFC anyway and that doesn't include Rodgers. He rightfully wasn't voted into the pro bowl
Lol..i knew this would be your response

Yet you quoted the post that said dak was better than rodgers and replied that it was laughable and used your bs assumptions about the cowboys record.

You also dont even know which games were dak's worst. One of the games you keep bringing up he had cmp% of 70 another horrible game you use he had 66 cmp%.

Where does the defense and rest of team fall in your blaming when your making up stuff

Okay, since you're hell-bent on keeping on the Rogers thing I still think after analyzing his season game by game he's been more consistent than Dak. okay he's not putting up the raw passing numbers that he used to but he still got a 24 to 2 touchdown-interception ratio and is playing in a different system that's using a lot more effective running. QBR is a made up ESPN stat that they don't say what it's comprised of so it has zero credibility. Don't even know what it is. 

I don't watch Packers games but I do watch every Cowboys game and I know Dak has a ton of empty stats, has been wildly inconsistent, and has beaten absolutely nobody except a little above average Rams team. Even if his completion percentage is in a 60 to 70% if she's not making throws it or putting up points when the game is in doubt then what's the fucking point? he's thrown two more touchdowns than Rogers but has  also thrown 11 picks, and I'd wager somewhere close to 5 to 8 of his touchdowns were in garbage time when the game was already decided. 

Then you look at team performance and Rogers has led a team that has swept a division that the Cowboys went 1-3 against. They also have beaten more than two teams that have won more than three games this season. 

So yeah I'll take the quarterback who has played consistently well within his new offense and especially once he got acclimated to it. The one that has a far greater touchdown-to-interception ratio and an 11 and 3 record if I have to pick one for the pro bowl. I'm sure you were praising Dak in 2016 for basically turning in a Rogers like 2019 and yet here you're holding it against Rodgers that he's adapted and is playing more conservatively within a new offense for a new coach. 

All that said it doesn't matter because the only QBs who should be voted Pro Bowl in the NFC are Wilson, Brees, and Garappolo. Rodgers shouldn't have made it and Dak's empty stats beating only the most garbage of garbage teams to a .500 record sure as shit shouldn't make it. Is it as big a travesty as Zeke's lazy sorry ass who didn't show up for a game until week 15 making it? No, nothing is.

It shouldn't be difficult to see that the Cowboys suckage this year has been a total team effort. At times they have shown up, and then they seem to forget how to tackle, how to block, how to run routes, and have no idea how to manage a drive or stop another. It's never any one thing. It's always a total meltdown. It wasn't a couple of missed kicks. It wasn't not going on fourth down, or going on fourth and getting stuffed. It hasn't been a Dak throw or one recevier's inability to shake a corner and get open, regardless of pedigree. It has been all of the above at various times, a total team lack of function.

12 hours ago, DougO said:

It shouldn't be difficult to see that the Cowboys suckage this year has been a total team effort. At times they have shown up, and then they seem to forget how to tackle, how to block, how to run routes, and have no idea how to manage a drive or stop another. It's never any one thing. It's always a total meltdown. It wasn't a couple of missed kicks. It wasn't not going on fourth down, or going on fourth and getting stuffed. It hasn't been a Dak throw or one recevier's inability to shake a corner and get open, regardless of pedigree. It has been all of the above at various times, a total team lack of function.

First of all, fuck fucking Rogers.

Secondly, something changed last week. None of the above happened. Notice that on the first or second play from scrimmage, Dak took off on a run. Seems we saw more deception as well. Don't know if the prospect of being on the unemployment line finally hit home to our slow to change coaching staff, or if we just got lucky, but I think we're going to beat the Iggles on Sunday. For us, it's win/win. Even if we lose, we win - because Garrett is sure to be gone. Same against the Rams. All the pressure is off. Would love to see the Eagles and Wentz get their asses stuffed. I look for them to go after Dak and his sore shoulder.

Okay, since you're hell-bent on keeping on the Rogers thing I still think after analyzing his season game by game he's been more consistent than Dak. okay he's not putting up the raw passing numbers that he used to but he still got a 24 to 2 touchdown-interception ratio and is playing in a different system that's using a lot more effective running. QBR is a made up ESPN stat that they don't say what it's comprised of so it has zero credibility. Don't even know what it is. 

I don't watch Packers games but I do watch every Cowboys game and I know Dak has a ton of empty stats, has been wildly inconsistent, and has beaten absolutely nobody except a little above average Rams team. Even if his completion percentage is in a 60 to 70% if she's not making throws it or putting up points when the game is in doubt then what's the fucking point? he's thrown two more touchdowns than Rogers but has  also thrown 11 picks, and I'd wager somewhere close to 5 to 8 of his touchdowns were in garbage time when the game was already decided. 

Then you look at team performance and Rogers has led a team that has swept a division that the Cowboys went 1-3 against. They also have beaten more than two teams that have won more than three games this season. 

So yeah I'll take the quarterback who has played consistently well within his new offense and especially once he got acclimated to it. The one that has a far greater touchdown-to-interception ratio and an 11 and 3 record if I have to pick one for the pro bowl. I'm sure you were praising Dak in 2016 for basically turning in a Rogers like 2019 and yet here you're holding it against Rodgers that he's adapted and is playing more conservatively within a new offense for a new coach. 

All that said it doesn't matter because the only QBs who should be voted Pro Bowl in the NFC are Wilson, Brees, and Garappolo. Rodgers shouldn't have made it and Dak's empty stats beating only the most garbage of garbage teams to a .500 record sure as shit shouldn't make it. Is it as big a travesty as Zeke's lazy sorry ass who didn't show up for a game until week 15 making it? No, nothing is.

That cracked me up...good work lol

Once again you bring up record like rodgers and dak play 1 v 22. You say rodgers is consistently good even though like i showed if you take away his best 3 games like you did with dak he only has 12 td's.

You did finally get to the point that started all this though after you spent hours going in a circle. Rodgers pro bowl nod is not warranted. Now you should just admit that it is laughable to think your OP phrase was accurate

Also you didnt answer the question of where your blame of the defense ranks...if you watch every game then you should recall the jets and darnold shredding us not of dak being "horrible" with a 66% completion and 0 ints and a missed 2pt conversion from OT

17 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Back to the subject at hand, I want to hear the sweet, sweet sound of boos cascading down from the Linc after Carson Wentz throws a shitty incompletion on fourth down, with the Cowboys leading 27-10 late in the fourth. 

Bye bye, fuck heads. 

Part of the narrative right now is that their fans feel like Carson Wentz needs everything to be perfect for them to succeed. The eagles winning this game on the back of a good Wentz performance would put that to bed. I need that toxic narrative for the eagles heading into next year. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Part of the narrative right now is that their fans feel like Carson Wentz needs everything to be perfect for them to succeed. The eagles winning this game on the back of a good Wentz performance would put that to bed. I need that toxic narrative for the eagles heading into next year. 

He's ass, my dude. 

That cracked me up...good work lol 
Once again you bring up record like rodgers and dak play 1 v 22. You say rodgers is consistently good even though like i showed if you take away his best 3 games like you did with dak he only has 12 td's.

You did finally get to the point that started all this though after you spent hours going in a circle. Rodgers pro bowl nod is not warranted. Now you should just admit that it is laughable to think your OP phrase was accurate

Also you didnt answer the question of where your blame of the defense ranks...if you watch every game then you should recall the jets and darnold shredding us not of dak being "horrible" with a 66% completion and 0 ints and a missed 2pt conversion from OT

And yet, all things being equal, I’d take Rodgers with our roster over Dak every day of the week and twice on Sun for this season.

And yet, all things being equal, I’d take Rodgers with our roster over Dak every day of the week and twice on Sun for this season.
Sure and i'd take lamar,brady, mahomes also.
What other fantasies do we what to interject into a conversation about how w/l is irrelevant to individual comparisons.

Rodgers gets a lot of love for 1 SB 8/9 years ago and missing the playoffs last 2 years.

On 12/19/2019 at 1:37 PM, anacardo said:

Pro football reference has them at an expected record of ~9-5.    That's a pretty huge underperformance; you've got to go back to the Chan Gailey era to find something like that in previous team history.  It does seem squarely on coaching; my gut estimate is that consistent and terrible patterns of clock management, use of tempo, settling for extremely low percentage field goals, etc. has cost the team about 3-4 ppg this season.  

That goes solely off points scored vs points allowed. The Cowboys have blown teams out when they win and have scored a bunch of cheap points late in games they were getting smoked (Green Bay and Chicago come to mind) before losing that it skews that a little bit.

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

Sure and i'd take lamar,brady, mahomes also.
What other fantasies do we what to interject into a conversation about how w/l is irrelevant to individual comparisons.

Rodgers gets a lot of love for 1 SB 8/9 years ago and missing the playoffs last 2 years.

They're all better QBs than Dak. The point is I have no problem with Rodgers going to the Pro Bowl over Dak. I think he's a better QB today. He's going to the Hall of Fame. Will Dak?

Rodgers has not been the better QB THIS year.  And when some idiot brings up 11-5 compared to 7-7 I just laugh.  That's the same shit Dak fans said for years when they won games due to team effort and him playing pretty well, and the same people would say "the team wins, not dak" or "Dak needs Zeke and the defense to be good", well guess what?  That's what Rodgers is doing this year.  He's basically Dak Prescott THIS year, but worse than Dak is, and just because his name is Aaron Rodgers, we all get in line talking about how great he is.

He's been a middle of the road QB this year who happens to be on a REALLY good team this year with a strong running game and good defense.  That's it.

It's all perception.  When Dak finally wins a SB, then the entire narrative shifts.  As always QB's get to much credit and too much blame for winning championships.

• Like 1

They're all better QBs than Dak. The point is I have no problem with Rodgers going to the Pro Bowl over Dak. I think he's a better QB today. He's going to the Hall of Fame. Will Dak?
I have a problem with rodgers in the pro bowl period....dak, cousins, anybody else

I dont like name recognition awards that get used in HOF comparisons/tiebreakers down the road. Hell if one SB win 8/9 years ago is HOF worthy then its not worth it.
Are we going to have every qb in there...seems the criteria is 1 SB and nothing else. Poor Romo almost had it in the bag but dez didnt catch it said the nfl

Rodgers has not been the better QB THIS year.  And when some idiot brings up 11-5 compared to 7-7 I just laugh.  That's the same shit Dak fans said for years when they won games due to team effort and him playing pretty well, and the same people would say "the team wins, not dak" or "Dak needs Zeke and the defense to be good", well guess what?  That's what Rodgers is doing this year.  He's basically Dak Prescott THIS year, but worse than Dak is, and just because his name is Aaron Rodgers, we all get in line talking about how great he is.

He's been a middle of the road QB this year who happens to be on a REALLY good team this year with a strong running game and good defense.  That's it.

It's all perception.  When Dak finally wins a SB, then the entire narrative shifts.  As always QB's get to much credit and too much blame for winning championships.

My bet is that if Rodgers were QB for the Cowboys, our record would be better than 7-7.

I have a problem with rodgers in the pro bowl period....dak, cousins, anybody else

I dont like name recognition awards that get used in HOF comparisons/tiebreakers down the road. Hell if one SB win 8/9 years ago is HOF worthy then its not worth it.
Are we going to have every qb in there...seems the criteria is 1 SB and nothing else. Poor Romo almost had it in the bag but dez didnt catch it said the nfl

Wait, you don’t think Rodgers’ career merits inclusion in the HOF now? I think he’s a complete douche-nozzle but if you don’t think he’s HOF material then there’s no reason to continue talking.

Wait, you don’t think Rodgers’ career merits inclusion in the HOF now? I think he’s a complete douche-nozzle but if you don’t think he’s HOF material then there’s no reason to continue talking.
You, do?
Wow 1 SB almost a decade ago carries massive hof credentials it seems.
Is it because he said relax that one time before getting knocked out of the playoffs?

Because i've seen quite a few teams get hot then lose , its not special.

He is good but ryan, flacco, cam, kapernick and probably some im missing have as many SB appearances as rodgers.

Romo had better years and we all know how much everyone bashed romo...

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

You, do?
Wow 1 SB almost a decade ago carries massive hof credentials it seems.
Is it because he said relax that one time before getting knocked out of the playoffs?

Because i've seen quite a few teams get hot then lose , its not special.

He is good but ryan, flacco, cam, kapernick and probably some im missing have as many SB appearances as rodgers.

Romo had better years and we all know how much everyone bashed romo...

He's also won the MVP twice as well as has the highest career QBR in league history.  If you don't think Rodgers is a HOF'er, then there isn't much of a point of reading any of your football opinions.  He will be a sure fire first ballot HOF'er when he retires. 

• Like 2