Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

22 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

To all y’all dealing with/FIGHTING plantar fasciitis; do yourself a favor and get a pair of OOFOS. I keep a pair in my house, a pair by the back door in the garage and a pair outside the patio door to wear around the pool/outdoor kitchen.

Hard cement, wood and slate floors are a bitch on these 54yo feet/knees/back.

Yeah but how do you deal with your wife demanding sex 24/7?

image.png.1a02cc59f8369fec6d3060bb1cc7f742.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

It wasn't just an opinion/perception thing though.  His actual performance in year 1 was attrocious and worthy of the discussion.  The LBs were just awful in year 1 with Brockermeyer leading the way and then followed that by not signing a difference maker either in the recruiting class or the portal.

He's dramatically stepped up in both player performance and talent addition over the last year and I'm thrilled to see it and glad he had the chance to do it.  It goes to show that maybe making snap decisions on firing coaches based on minimal data isn't always a great idea.  Nonetheless, the discussions at least were warrented last year.

Jesus, dude. This is the idiot hill you're going to die on? On signing day, no less? You're wrong and it's bumming me out. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Peyton Bowen has known for months that he wasn't signing with Notre Dame. He never had the balls to just decommit and be straight with them. Reminds me of the piece of QB that Texas had committed in the same class as Colt McCoy. Mack Brown, Greg Davis, and a number of yokels on Hornfans and Orangebloods were the only people that failed to grasp that he was always going to LSU.

That dude played to the results I would expect from someone behaving that way and I don't expect anything different from Bowen. He'll go to Oregon, be a star or not, but immediately have his hand out and test the market after each season. My hope is to watch him flame out and wind up at Jacksonville State, talking about could haves and should haves. 

This dude?

image.jpeg.e69725905797f4ca36e88759d8e01939.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Oregon gave Texas Banks and Williams by firing Cristobal last cycle, and has taken top prospects from Baylor and OU this cycle. Especially love them flipping Baylor’s QB at the last minute, leaving Baylor scrambling.

I’m sure there will be a day down the line when this changes, but Oregon has been Texas‘s best friend the past couple years.

Well we are one of the biggest brand Nike schools. Wouldn’t hurt Phil to have some two-way wins. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Oregon gave Texas Banks and Williams by firing Cristobal last cycle, and has taken top prospects from Baylor and OU this cycle. Especially love them flipping Baylor’s QB at the last minute, leaving Baylor scrambling.

I’m sure there will be a day down the line when this changes, but Oregon has been Texas‘s best friend the past couple years.

I'm sorry, you're of the opinion that Oregon FIRED Christobal?

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, OB3 said:

Announcing Friday

Good. That means he has an extra whole day to listen to Oregon, while watching them flip fuckers like it's tiddlywinks all day today into their class. While looking at OU and aTm and their...well, we can be polite and call it their "performance." And I believe that those performances are technically titled "The Aristocrats."

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

1.) Nice to see Mandel has continued to firmly entrench himself in the whiny old Abe Simpson bitch club.
2.) He thinks that "collectives" are delivering on promises made before or on signing day? He understands NIL about as well as aTm. Good thing they're in business together. 

And the implication that this is all brand new thanks to nil, and wasn’t going on prior with other money sources.  Money never used to be able to explain these things!

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2

When Ryan Perri-fucknuts was still “committed” to Texas and everyone knew he was flipping to LSU, I posted on the old IT board about hot insane it was for recruiting services to list him as a commit. The guy was openly recruiting players to LSU and telling everyone he was flipping on signing day. Clendon Ross deleted the thread and sent me a nasty note for hurting the reputation of a Texas commit.  If Texas message boards would not have been moderated by the Sino Ministry of Information back then it would have been a surprise to no one. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

1.) Nice to see Mandel has continued to firmly entrench himself in the whiny old Abe Simpson bitch club.
2.) He thinks that "collectives" are delivering on promises made before or on signing day? He understands NIL about as well as aTm. Good thing they're in business together. 

To be fair to Mandel, he’s clearly being facetious. His previous post was about how you cannot tell the difference between the best recruiting classes today and before NIL.