Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

15 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Staff liked Jakobi Lane more, if I remember correctly? If there is anything to the Lane stuff mentioned upthread, Moore may have been the Plan B and Texas could be going for their Plan A.

Notice how Texas was making a push and even went out and visited his high school, and then everything went silent? Some guys forget that they need to keep playing school while they're being recruited.

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

What's the story there? I've seen a couple places that mom was the issue/brick wall that prevented Texas from recruiting/landing Bowen. 0

Uh, no. They fucked up his first visit to campus and he never really thought about Texas again. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, RabidM said:

That's a dick move considering he was committed to ND. Still, fuck the Irish. I bet their board was interesting for a while. 

I'm all for "let the kids have fun" but this is a total immature dickhead move after stringing ND along (but also, kinda fuck ND). I hate the hat psych-out move in general. Do something original. Or bring back a classic. Sign your Letter of Intent from a hot tub surrounded by big-tiddied bitches like Derric Evans did in the 80s. That'd be a boss move. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I'm all for "let the kids have fun" but this is a total immature dickhead move after stringing ND along (but also, kinda fuck ND). I hate the hat psych-out move in general. Do something original. Or bring back a classic. Sign your Letter of Intent from a hot tub surrounded by big-tiddied bitches like Derric Evans did in the 80s. That'd be a boss move. 

How did that work out for Derric?

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

How did that work out for Derric?

Narrator: Not well...

Over the course of one month in the spring of 1989, six Dallas Carter players, including Edwards and defensive back Derric Evans, were charged with committing a series of seven armed robberies in Dallas before being arrested.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I was dating a girl in Phoenix and applied to ASU to placate her. Got into Texas, waitlisted by ASU. One of the more inexplicable things that has ever happened to me, although Phoenix girl found meth so maybe there is a god

I'd wager it would be invesed if she was a Texas resident.

10 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I was dating a girl in Phoenix and applied to ASU to placate her. Got into Texas, waitlisted by ASU. One of the more inexplicable things that has ever happened to me, although Phoenix girl found meth so maybe there is a god

Just-the-tip GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Gerry and Bobby need to invest in better cameras

Gerry must have been on the road or something, his camera usually looks better. I will disagree with you on Bobby though, I don't need to his face to be any higher in resolution

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

Gerry and Bobby need to invest in better cameras

there is no excuse for anyone who livestreams more than a few times a month (meetings, podcasts, videos, etc) to not have a halfway decent camera + a light source.

looks like You Know Who has a decent camera but somehow the worst lighting situation of all 3 and has his monitor at a terrible angle.

just spend like 20 bucks for a ring light off of amazon, stop using the built in webcam in your laptop and put your webcam at the right level/height.

Fuck around and find out. The "manna from heaven" routine is going to get them wandering the wilderness for 40 years. 
We just got back from our 13 year tour.

Dabo is a dorky holier-than-thou Southern Baptist preacher/football coach. He talks a good/pious game even while cheating his balls off behind the scenes.

Hey, I’m cool with that. The missus is a Clemson grad and it’s given me something to cheer for while we wandered in the wilderness the last decade.
  • Hook 'Em 1