Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

8 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I can’t believe the success Oregon is having today. Do these croots not realize they’re going to have to take multiple hour flights to games in a couple years?

I’d be more concerned about nobody watching their games, and their conference champion being an automatic 5/6 seed in the CFP. 

2 hours ago, Viper said:

I am 100% convinced this is something Hank Hill would say.

Hank would build a team on the Name, Image, and Likeness of Tom Landry

1 hour ago, cafe society said:

I have two nephews that graduated from there and they both said that it's pretty meh, although they have both done very well for themselves.

My old boss's daughter went there and she's got great tits.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Assuming Malik Muhammad is Muslim, ask yourself if you'd make these jokes to his face. Or to any other Muslim. If the answer to that is "no", then it's probably racist.

We make fun of aggy all the time for their racist dog-whistling, and we're not even bothering to dog whistle. Just saying it out loud. We're better than this. Please stop. 

Go watch Blazing Saddles.

If you don't laugh once, come back and repost

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

OTT, I've always found it interesting how name-religion link is defined differently in African-American communities. You have guys like Jordon Thomas and DeAndre Christmas-Giles who are Muslim. And you have many guys named Malik (common Arab Muslim name) or Muhammad who are Christian and such. In other countries there's more of a clear delineation.

Edited by satyanash
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Assuming Malik Muhammad is Muslim, ask yourself if you'd make these jokes to his face. Or to any other Muslim. If the answer to that is "no", then it's probably racist.

We make fun of aggy all the time for their racist dog-whistling, and we're not even bothering to dog whistle. Just saying it out loud. We're better than this. Please stop. 

I agree with everything you said. It was a joke in poor taste, but that's my sense of humor. I do respect that I should keep it off neutral boards, and I'm sorry for that, however I would say it to him, whether I get decked or not. I enjoy crude humor. I would like to move past it though as again I understand why I should keep my sense of humor to people I know are accepting of it. Let's not bog up the recruiting thread on a great day any longer.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

OTT, I've always found it interesting how name-religion link is defined differently in African-American communities. You have guys like Jordon Thomas and DeAndre Christmas-Giles who are Muslim. And you have many guys named Malik (common Arab Muslim name) who are Christian and such. In other countries there's more of a clear delineation.

Malik yes. Mushin Muhammad is the only Christian I can think of with that last name though.

14 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Username suggests you are drunk.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

20 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I was with you until about right here, sir.

• Haha 8

After a long drive, long on to see a damn solid signing day! I am sorry that I worried about Baxter. Holding on to him and Williams and getting a ka ka kana is awesome. Definitely surprised by the Bowen smoke screen of who knows what he’s thinking besides money but glad we don’t have to play against him to that school across the border. Hook em! Amazing class!

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, satyanash said:

OTT, I've always found it interesting how name-religion link is defined differently in African-American communities. You have guys like Jordon Thomas and DeAndre Christmas-Giles who are Muslim. And you have many guys named Malik (common Arab Muslim name) or Muhammad who are Christian and such. In other countries there's more of a clear delineation.

Are you Hindu?  If not, you could have used yourself as an example.