Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The Muslim jokes are offensive. If we ever get a Jewish commit would everyone make terrible jokes? Now that I think about it, he’d have to be a pass rusher because you know he’d do everything he could to get the quarterback. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, tejas60 said:

hope you threw that 2" snapper back.

Probably, but if not the dorado or marlin may have eaten him. 

Personally, I had a lot of fun catching the bait fish using 4 hooks and no bait - just jigging. I have a feeling that wouldn’t work nearly as well in Galveston.  

1 minute ago, utexas8 said:

Is Moore not signing today officially or is he at a later time

Gerry said he is probably not signing today.  To which Bobby said, if that happens he was told we would move on.  The implication being we don't like recruits who jerk us around unless they are top 50 kind of players, or we have a portal WR who we want to replace him with but who has a short expiration date, or both.  Probably the former.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Gerry said he is probably not signing today.  To which Bobby said, if that happens he was told we would move on.  The implication being we don't like recruits who jerk us around unless they are top 50 kind of players, or we have a portal WR who we want to replace him with but who has a short expiration date, or both.  Probably the former.

He explicitly said the latter while dancing around a name. 

2 hours ago, Kwix said:

Pimpton to LSU and Moore still unsigned is about all the bad news there is for signing day 1.

Thanks no big loss there. I know some of the experts love pimp but I think this gives us a better shot at Duce. At the very least it keeps an open spot on the roster for late transfers. If a spring injury happens, it would be nice to have room for a replacement. 

My biggest concern with Duce is that he will play enough games to piss off our staff. Maybe it’s my imagination but to me it seems that the staff stops pressing when too much shit is happening behind the scenes. I’m sure @closetojumping will correct me if I’m wrong. 

38 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Thanks no big loss there. I know some of the experts love pimp but I think this gives us a better shot at Duce. At the very least it keeps an open spot on the roster for late transfers. If a spring injury happens, it would be nice to have room for a replacement. 

My biggest concern with Duce is that he will play enough games to piss off our staff. Maybe it’s my imagination but to me it seems that the staff stops pressing when too much shit is happening behind the scenes. I’m sure @closetojumping will correct me if I’m wrong. 

Duce could fuck Banks’ woman with her monkey and he would still welcome Duce with open arms. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

OTT, I've always found it interesting how name-religion link is defined differently in African-American communities. You have guys like Jordon Thomas and DeAndre Christmas-Giles who are Muslim. And you have many guys named Malik (common Arab Muslim name) or Muhammad who are Christian and such. In other countries there's more of a clear delineation.

So you are telling me that the guy with the last name Christmas is Muslim?

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Duce could fuck Banks’ woman with her monkey and he would still welcome Duce with open arms. 

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

This brings up a concern that I have. I believe that the monkey has not been given enough credit for our recruiting classes. What if the monkey decides to enter the portal? Where would we be then?

This brings up a concern that I have. I believe that the monkey has not been given enough credit for our recruiting classes. What if the monkey decides to enter the portal? Where would we be then?

If you had visibility to the monkey’s NIL deal you wouldn’t be concerned.

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

How many times do you have to be relentlessly and ruthlessly mocked, berated and belittled until you realize that every thought that goes through your head is most likely incredibly dumb and should under no circumstances be posted?

Nvm, I answered my own question.

At first I wondered how I missed the question about Marion. Then I realized it was posed from Greenspoint, and I breathed a contented sigh of relief knowing that my ignore feature was still working properly. 

• Haha 1

There are only two types of people in this world that offend me.  The first are people who stereotype and attack the character of innocent Muslims they don’t even know simply because of intolerance for their religion.  The second are Sunnis.  
Well Shiite son, iswydt. Well played
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

1.) Nice to see Mandel has continued to firmly entrench himself in the whiny old Abe Simpson bitch club.
2.) He thinks that "collectives" are delivering on promises made before or on signing day? He understands NIL about as well as aTm. Good thing they're in business together. 

• Like 1