Fuck you Orlando

runthebone

1 minute ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

I’m sick of this motherfucker getting a few pass like he’s some guru.  We play this defense every fucking week.  It never fucking changes with this clown.

He's very good against traditional offenses, but he's kind of sucked his entire time against Big XII offenses. 

Edited by GabrielsHorn
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

LSU has been one of the most generic, traditional offenses out there.

Have been, but I wouldn't say they are tonight. They definitely ran a significant amount of tempo and spread concepts that are more akin to an Okie State than a Georgia. I don't think he's all that great a fit for this league fwiw

3 minutes ago, staboner said:

the blitz was the right call, just in teh wrong spot

his tendency is to blitz on 3rd down and then only. so odd. i was screaming for blitzing on 1st and 2nd down all game. lord

just a bad effort on his part across the board. 

A blitz on say 3rd and 8 or 9, sure. On 3rd and 17? Fuck no. Just horrible.

• Like 3

Georgia does not have a dynamic offense. I’m trying to think of a dynamic offense that Orlando has slowed down. He slowed down Tech some, but we had a massive talent advantage. Shit the bed against OU, OSU, West Virginia, LSU. Would like to see some progress against strong passing offenses.

27 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

LSU has been one of the most generic, traditional offenses out there.

I don't know what you watched or saw tonight but a traditional offense wasn't it.  Did you see some power I or WC?  Steve Ensminger and Joe Brady just worked the fuck out of Texas with a modern, high tempo offense.  

17 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Even today against the high powered spread offenses, the best defenses are the ones that just win the LOS in a base look and don’t take so many risks.  I’d rather have 4 big guys doing something predictable and collapsing the pocket than a Chinese fire drill with DBs scrambling all over the place. 

Well said. Think about the push that Ed Oliver got at UH. Extremely disruptive.  Hopefully with Coburn, Broughton, and Collins (?), we can one day have that push. 

50 minutes ago, staboner said:

the blitz was the right call, just in teh wrong spot

his tendency is to blitz on 3rd down and then only. so odd. i was screaming for blitzing on 1st and 2nd down all game. lord

just a bad effort on his part across the board. 

By that point in the game Burrow had more than demonstrated that he was a great, accurate QB who makes good quick decisions. He’s not the kind of QB to be phased by a blitz in that situation. Monumentally stupid playcall.

Just now, Helobious said:

By that point in the game Burrow had more than demonstrated that he was a great, accurate QB who makes good quick decisions. He’s not the kind of QB to be phased by a blitz in that situation. Monumentally stupid playcall.

stupid or not McCullough stopping his blitz when he saw the block coming fucked it all up

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

agreed.

i was just saying we needed to blitz earlier and often instead just cliche AF 3rd and long. tendencies from Orlando on full display there goddammit