Texas opens as a 30.5 point favorite v Rice

TexasMan

13 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Would be great if the entire band just halted their show midway through and they a fell to the ground holding their calf's.  

I'm sort of expecting this, lol.

back in the late 80sI remember asking a HS friend who went to aggy about Rice's band.  I said "They make fun of you guys (aggy) when they play UT.  Do they make fun of UT when aggy plays them?"

He stared at me for a moment then said, "No, they make fun of us." 

LMAO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Rice rolling with a 250 pound NT. Their DL is tiny. This is a game where our OL should be able to win at the point of attack in the run game. 

Go hard in first half and get up by 28+ points on Rice.  Get the Texas starters out ASAP...

Herman and assistants should be riding the 2nd and 3rd string guys butts in practice this week to Show Up and Kick Ass this Saturday!!

(Saban was pissed at Bama's backups performance in their 62-10 win last Saturday)

Where's the game being played? Whatever, don't care.

Rice stadium is a great venue. Always enjoyed going there when I lived around there. Sunday night game on ESPN in the rainstorm was great. Mackovic was at the end of his rope and it was a three hour trainwreck you just couldn't take your eyes off. 

Playing Rice in basketball was great, too.

Trivia. The dirt that makes the Miller theater hill is the excavated Rice stadium stuff.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

Where's the game being played? Whatever, don't care.

Rice stadium is a great venue. Always enjoyed going there when I lived around there. Sunday night game on ESPN in the rainstorm was great. Mackovic was at the end of his rope and it was a three hour trainwreck you just couldn't take your eyes off. 

Playing Rice in basketball was great, too.

Trivia. The dirt that makes the Miller theater hill is the excavated Rice stadium stuff.

NRG. Prepare for a flat NFL atmosphere.

• Like 2

Maybe the game will get a little Bad Beats play from SVP and Stanford Steve.

Regarding the comment upthread about Mackovic being at the end of his rope in ‘94, that was a pretty long ass rope. I’m no Mackovic supporter, but we tied for the SWC Championship that year (yeah, everyone did except the cheating aggy), and then won the last SWC title and the first Big 12 title before he shit the bed and that rope snapped his neck. Sitting in the old Baylor Stadium, watching us lose to a shitty Baylor team while Ricky was ignored is one of my least favorite football memories. 

Edited by Vito Andolini
Autocorrect fucked me