Dallas Stars 2019-2020 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

3 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

First team to ever be down by 3 goals and be up by 4 goals in the same playoff game. 

Honestly not surprising at all. We did it with the least amount of goals scored possible. And not many playoff games have 10 goals scored, let alone 7 by one team all without an answer. 

It didn’t get any better than Gary Thorne and Bill Clement for hockey broadcasters.

I fell way behind as I had to get my kids to bed and shower. What a crazy damn turnaround. Calgary is trash, especially in net, but I’ll take it. I don’t think we can beat Colorado, especially with Seguin being less-than-healthy and Bishop out, but we won a round.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

We were 4-0 against them in the regular season but I suspect we can throw that out the window. Interestingly gurianov was a beast against them. 

The Avs facefucked the Stars in the bubble game and they looked sharp in those last couple games against Arizona.  I think we should go ahead and play the series though. 

9 hours ago, Continental Op said:

The Avs facefucked the Stars in the bubble game and they looked sharp in those last couple games against Arizona.  I think we should go ahead and play the series though. 

yeah, but I have seen us get markedly better each game since. we're not the same team as when we played them a couple weeks ago. I think this is a going to a tight, fun series

Just watched the highlights. Khudobin seemed pretty good after he settled in. Obviously we won't be able to allow the Avs to put 3 in the net in the first period and keep a chance of winning any games - but he had some nice saves past that.

That 6th goal was disgusting. 

Kind of feel bad for Talbot. He was just shattered after that 2nd goal.

I think the Calgary coach fucked up and panicked pulling Talbot. Their backup goalie hadn't seen a shot since February or very early March. He had no chance. 

Bowness called that timeout when they were getting smoked early and calmed it down. Especially Dobby. Best coaching job by him so far. 

1 hour ago, Wanker Bob said:

I think the Calgary coach fucked up and panicked pulling Talbot. Their backup goalie hadn't seen a shot since February or very early March. He had no chance. 

Bowness called that timeout when they were getting smoked early and calmed it down. Especially Dobby. Best coaching job by him so far. 

I think they were fucked regardless.  Talbot was completely mindfucked when they pulled him and as soon as the backup let one in he was as well.  I'm sure Calgary fans are second guessing the decision but I don't think it would have mattered.

You all seeing the reports that the NHL may try to force Stars/Avs game 1 tomorrow night in the spot reserved for Game 7?  Talk about absolute bullshit if that happens.   You know damn well the boys hit it hard last night and a mandated day off today.   This would be zero prep time for a 2nd round playoff series.  Unbelievable.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Skipper said:

You know damn well the boys hit it hard last night and a mandated day off today.  

Eddie Belfour can coach em up on winning big coming off a bender.  

Seriously though it would be bad.  Head Razor on the Ticket back during the RR talk about how at the beginning of the season the Stars really struggled with fast teams and fast lines and once a little leg weariness set in and that advantage wasn't as pronounced it wasn't as big of an issue for Dallas.  Fast forward to now and the teams after all the time off still have pretty fresh legs and that team speed advantage is still very much there, exacerbated by a short shift on days off

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

It's official. Game 1 tomorrow.  What an absolute fucking joke.   Fuck the NHL.  8 Games in 14 days + zero prep time for a god damn 2nd round series.  Just ridiculous.

No other games Sunday and they gave it a decent start time, so I'll wait till we're down 4-0 to bitch about it.

Remember when people wanted us to lose that STL RR game because that would get us a better match up in Vancouver?

Canucks are nailing the lid on the coffin for a very depleted Blues team.

Heard Keith Jones say the other night this Canucks group will win a Stanley Cup at some point. I don’t know enough about them to know whether that’s crazy or not.

Blues got dump-trucked last night. I wonder if all the stars aligned for Binnington last season and he’s merely the journeyman netminder he appeared to be before last season.

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

They’re trying to cram playoffs in a compressed time frame. There’s no travel staying in Edmonton. I have no issue with it. We need to just overcome it. 

I have a problem with the fact it was a mandated off day for Dallas (which I'm sure the players needed) so the Stars had zero practice time before a playoff series while their opponent did.   It is what it is at this point but I'm guessing vegas odds shifted when that was announced.  It's definitely a competitive advantage for Colorado.   And this had nothing to do with playoffs in a compressed time frame and everything to do with an open NBC prime time slot.  I get it.  The league needs the money.  I just wonder if they would have done it to some of the other teams.  I'm guessing not.

• Like 1