Dallas Stars 2019-2020 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

18 hours ago, C-Man said:

Colorado and Vegas clearly playing better than us. Benn is a shell of his former self, Seguin is battling something, Bishop is ailing and we are forced to play Sekera. A series win over Calgary could very well be our ceiling this summer.

Fucking Polak. If he had come back we'd have three solid D pairs. The Fedun/Sekera pairing just isn't sustainable. I noticed they didn't even play Fedun much. Seems like it's time to get some of the younger guys in to see what they can do. Hopefully Johns can return. We need him.

This is the first time I've seen pregame with the Stars as the "home" team.  Love that they got the "Stars" crowd chant in during the national anthem.  Pretty cool.  But it also makes me sad I'm not at the AAC for a playoff game 5.  As I absolutely would be.

• Hook 'Em 1

Regardless of the outcome, Colorado looks like an absolute fucking buzzsaw to go against. They seem as good as the Colorado from the late 90s early 00s with half the name recognition.
They just went in dry on PHX the last two games and wiped their dicks on the drapes when they were done.
They have two great young defenseman, a legit superstar and a hot goalie. Thats how you win playoff series.

I get that the NHL prefers evening games to help with ratings, but during the playoff run last year did our games ever start this late?  I remember going to a couple of late games at the AAC (and hurting the next day) but I feel like they always started by 8:45 or 9.  Oh well, I'll probably try to stay up for this one as long as it's competitive but I'm already dragging today after being too hyped up to get to sleep after the Mavs last night.

12 hours ago, vtaenz said:

Regardless of the outcome, Colorado looks like an absolute fucking buzzsaw to go against. They seem as good as the Colorado from the late 90s early 00s with half the name recognition.

I know we handled them pretty well during the regular season but I thought they've looked like the team to beat in the West since we restarted things, loss to Vegas notwithstanding. MacKinnon is an animal and Kadri's scoring goals with ease.

9:30 game can eat my ass. Ice is gonna be shit so maybe that helps us? Who the fuck knows. Go Stars!

I know we handled them pretty well during the regular season but I thought they've looked like the team to beat in the West since we restarted things, loss to Vegas notwithstanding. MacKinnon is an animal and Kadri's scoring goals with ease.
9:30 game can eat my ass. Ice is gonna be shit so maybe that helps us? Who the fuck knows. Go Stars!
I think when we played them part of their top line was injured.

1 hour ago, vtaenz said:
1 hour ago, C-Man said:

I think when we played them part of their top line was injured.

I went and checked at Hockey Reference. Rantanen missed the first meeting. Landeskog and Rantanen missed the second. Looks like the Avs were full strength for the third and fourth meetings. We won the third game in a shootout and the fourth in OT.

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

I went and checked at Hockey Reference. Rantanen missed the first meeting. Landeskog and Rantanen missed the second. Looks like the Avs were full strength for the third and fourth meetings. We won the third game in a shootout and the fourth in OT.

So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-a-Chance-In-D

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-a-Chance-In-D

Sadly, not at this point. I like the Stars to beat Calgary but I don't see us going any further than that -- especially if we get the Avs in Round 2. I have nightmares still from the railroadings I watched personally between these teams in the early 00's.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Sadly, not at this point. I like the Stars to beat Calgary but I don't see us going any further than that -- especially if we get the Avs in Round 2. I have nightmares still from the railroadings I watched personally between these teams in the early 00's.

well you can just shut your fat whore mouth.

I still love you, though

Klingberg has had two straight good games so hopefully that becomes three and the best players Miro and Seguin need to lead the way. I have zero doubt Miro will but Seguin needs to check that direct deposit and remember he's paid big to be a playoff scorer. 

Edited by Wanker Bob