2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

49 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

So Tom fired one failed buddy as DC only to hire another failed buddy as DC?  Ok Cool Hookem.  

Ash wasn't a failed DC. He failed as a HC. He was a good DC at OSU, and helped them win a National championship. It's hilarious to watch people spin so much shit. Barry Odom was a failed head coach, but it seems everyone would be happy if he was hired as the DC. Alabama consistently hires failed HC's to coordinator positions, including their last 3 OC's.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Beaty ruined everything he touched. I cannot for the life of me understand how you guys have not come to grips with this. Ku’s Texas recruiting was at an all time low under him. He should probably be fired as well if he is an offensive analyst for you guys. 

Fucking agreed.

never wanted assface as a coach, now I'm just pissed we have to deal with him for another year.  If reports Fedora are moving on then he's not an idiot.  

I figured all staff replacements were already here and we would see Ash, Beaty and Fedora fill in as Tom really dug deep through his extensive coaching contacts.  

Either way, his buyout next year is going to increase after you add in all the guaranteed money we have to sign replacing half his staff.  

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Ash wasn't a failed DC. He failed as a HC. He was a good DC at OSU, and helped them win a National championship. It's hilarious to watch people spin so much shit. Barry Odom was a failed head coach, but it seems everyone would be happy if he was hired as the DC. Alabama consistently hires failed HC's to coordinator positions, including their last 3 OC's.

Charlie Strong will be a good DC for someone again. Head Coaches should be administrators and leaders. OC's and DC's should be bad asses, enough to keep the HC out of their shit. All of these guys that went from coordinators to HC's are not HC's at the BCS level, plain and simple. Talking to you too, Chad Morris. 

• Like 1

Chris Ash was the DC like Craig Navier was our DC this year. That was Luke Fickel’s defense. Ash was the “Co-DC”. You are right, it is hilarious to watch people spin so much shit.

The same QB that barely completed 50% of his passes the previous year under a completely different scheme.

Burrow had the same receivers last year. MFer is going to beat Colt's completion percentage record by a few points. Scheme is everything. 

Just now, Treefidy said:

Fucking agreed.

never wanted assface as a coach, now I'm just pissed we have to deal with him for another year.  If reports Fedora are moving on then he's not an idiot.  

I figured all staff replacements were already here and we would see Ash, Beaty and Fedora fill in as Tom really dug deep through his extensive coaching contacts.  

Either way, his buyout next year is going to increase after you add in all the guaranteed money we have to sign replacing half his staff.  

Doesn’t matter to me or BMD imo. If we goes balls deep for two stud fucking coordinators, we know Herman can win 10 games with a shit defensive coordinator, and we know Herman recruits well. We could win 11 games with good coordinators next season. Think that makes it worth it

1 minute ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Chris Ash was the DC like Craig Navier was our DC this year. That was Luke Fickel’s defense. Ash was the “Co-DC”. You are right, it is hilarious to watch people spin so much shit.

Yet the 2-3 Buckeye fans on this forum all say differently, but what would they know.

3 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Can someone explain why everybody thinks UT pulling Joe Brady from LSU to be the OC is gonna be hard when Joe Brady is only a non-playcalling Passing-game coordinator/WR coach for LSU?

He is the de facto OC. While Ensminger has the title Brady does the job and that is well known.

3 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Can someone explain why everybody thinks UT pulling Joe Brady from LSU to be the OC is gonna be hard when Joe Brady is only a non-playcalling Passing-game coordinator/WR coach for LSU?

Because everyone paying even half attention knows that he is a play-calling offensive coordinator without the official title, which I’m guessing LSU will offer him the title and cash that goes with it to keep him in short order. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

He is the de facto OC. While Ensminger has the title Brady does the job and that is well known.

Ensminger looks like the driver's ed instructor in the passenger seat with his foot on the emergency brake. Brady runs that offense. That means we're not getting Brady. Texas can't even run a football camp in Louisiana, you think they're going to let us have their little baby Jesus? 

Edited by XForce

4 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Because he just gave them their first taste of a modern offense and it’s resulting in a playoff appearance and they’ll match our offer and promote him to OC.

7 minutes ago, clownin72 said:

Did Washington not catch any heat at all for the db play? I get the injuries and all but they were terrible. Especially with turning and playing the ball.

We have to retain a few coaches who can help get us to the bowl game.  I think a second purge will be done right after the bowl game.  The only person left that is shocking to me right now is Warehime.  Seriously, WTF

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

These coaching changes threads sure are providing some educated hot takes. 

I like how we've gone from Herman isn't going to make any changes; to ok now that he's making changes, we know those that he's bringing in will suck and it's not going to change anything. Surly at it's finest. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, texashorn13 said:

We have to retain a few coaches who can help get us to the bowl game.  I think a second purge will be done right after the bowl game.  The only person left that is shocking to me right now is Warehime.  Seriously, WTF

It's hard to piss off 3 tight ends that are basically non existent in the scheme. Maybe no one knows he's on the staff? 

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Yeah, i still dont trust the guy that has ONE year of experience calling plays with Joe Fucking Burrow at QB

would wait to see how he does next year before pulling the trigger

Joe Burrow was an inaccurate, unfeared quarterback last year and now he's a Heisman winner and likely the first QB in the draft. While I have Graham as my preferred choice, Burrow didn't make Brady, it's the other way around.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, XForce said:

It's hard to piss off 3 tight ends that are basically non existent in the scheme. Maybe no one knows he's on the staff? 

It's like office space. We thought we got rid of him. We don't pay him any more either but he still comes into work.

Edited by TheFlyingBoat

13 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

If we do not have an OC by signing day then it means we are going after Brady. I am not sold as everyone on Brady. He has been very good for LSU under that structure yet it does not mean that he would be just as good when he is running the show, since he has never run the show before and Texas would be the first time. Harrell would not have as much upside but would be less of a risk with a decent upside. Go ahead and be critical of my logic but I hated that many thought Orlando was great due to the Oklahoma game when the tape clearly showed OU beat themselves and receivers were running around wide open on Houston.

Edited by DanTheHorn

I honestly don’t understand how any respected OC or DC could want this job (unless they’re just getting a massive raise that they can’t pass up). You’re coming in with the knowledge that Herman is essentially a dead man walking, and you have ONE year to get the program turned around or else he’s fired, and you’re fired. It’s a career defining move. Either it works out, and you’ll have an opportunity to be a HC within 5 years, or you have a huge stain on your resume from being at a job for one year. Shit like this can work with Mack, when he’s already won and has a little job security. I don’t see how it could work with a coach who is legitimately on the hottest of hot seats. I’m trying to remain positive, but it seems like we’re just spinning our wheels, delaying the inevitable.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Joe Burrow was an inaccurate, unfeared quarterback last year and now he's a Heisman winner and likely the first QB in the draft. While I have Graham as my preferred choice, Burrow didn't make Brady, it's the other way around.

They said the same thing about Strong at Louisville

i need a wayyy bigger sample size on Brady

Edited by GreenspointTexas

Just now, Mo Horn said:

I like how we've gone from Herman isn't going to make any changes; to ok now that he's making changes, we know those that he's bringing in will suck and it's not going to change anything. Surly at it's finest. 

Concur. I figured now would be a good time to go back in the water. I was wrong.

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I honestly don’t understand how any respected OC or DC could want this job. You’re coming in with the knowledge that Herman is essentially a dead man walking, and you have ONE year to get the program turned around or else he’s fired, and you’re fired. It’s a career defining move. Either it works out, and you’ll have an opportunity to be a HC within 5 years, or you have a huge stain on your resume from being at a job for one year. Shit like this can work with Mack, when he’s already won and has a little job security. I don’t see how it could work with a coach who is legitimately on the hottest of hot seats. I’m trying to remain positive, but it seems like we’re just spinning our wheels, delaying the inevitable.

Yet Harrell went to USC and Brady went to LSU. No one fucking saw 12-0 at LSU.

What the fuck do you know? Orgeron was their second choice. 

• Like 2

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

I honestly don’t understand how any respected OC or DC could want this job. You’re coming in with the knowledge that Herman is essentially a dead man walking, and you have ONE year to get the program turned around or else he’s fired, and you’re fired. It’s a career defining move. Either it works out, and you’ll have an opportunity to be a HC within 5 years, or you have a huge stain on your resume from being at a job for one year. Shit like this can work with Mack, when he’s already won and has a little job security. I don’t see how it could work with a coach who is legitimately on the hottest of hot seats. I’m trying to remain positive, but it seems like we’re just spinning our wheels, delaying the inevitable.

Bullshit

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

3 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

If we do not have an OC by signing day then it means we are going after Brady. I am not sold as everyone on Brady. He has been very good for LSU under that structure yet it does not mean that he would be just as good when he is running the show. Harrell would not have as much upside but would be less of a risk with a decent upside. Go ahead and be critical of my logic but I hated that many thought Orlando was great due to the Oklahoma game when the tape clearly showed OU beat themselves and receivers were running around wide open on Houston.

Agreed.

5 minutes ago, texashorn13 said:

Not only this, but the new coordinators will want some say into their assistants. Once this OC and DC have been hired, there should be other moves regarding assistants.

21 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Ash wasn't a failed DC. He failed as a HC. He was a good DC at OSU, and helped them win a National championship.

Yeah, in the Big Ten. The conference where the peak of offensive creativity for most teams is running I-formation three times, then punting.

A Big Ten DC would get torn to pieces in the Big 12. The offenses here are light-years ahead of the outdated pro-style attacks Ash faced at Ohio State.

This is like saying Don Brown is a great defensive coordinator, then wondering why Michigan is always slaughtered by the first spread offense (Ohio State) they face all year.

Edited by satyanash
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Yeah, in the Big Ten. The conference where the peak of offensive creativity for most teams is running I-formation three times, then punting.

A Big Ten DC would get torn to pieces in the Big 12. The offenses here are light-years ahead of the outdated pro-style attacks Ash faced at Ohio State.

I want to agree with you, then I look at the SEC and all their vaunted defenses and what spread offenses do to them. You don't need to get 20 stops, just need to stop the other team more than they stop you. 

5 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I honestly don’t understand how any respected OC or DC could want this job (unless they’re just getting a massive raise that they can’t pass up). You’re coming in with the knowledge that Herman is essentially a dead man walking, and you have ONE year to get the program turned around or else he’s fired, and you’re fired. It’s a career defining move. Either it works out, and you’ll have an opportunity to be a HC within 5 years, or you have a huge stain on your resume from being at a job for one year. Shit like this can work with Mack, when he’s already won and has a little job security. I don’t see how it could work with a coach who is legitimately on the hottest of hot seats. I’m trying to remain positive, but it seems like we’re just spinning our wheels, delaying the inevitable.

Is life really that scary for you? You must still be at the same job because why would you ever take a new position when you might fail

• Like 2