Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

My hypothetical scenario... CDC is probably pissed that the donors went and started negotiations behind his back with Meyer.  CDC gave his word to Herman that he would evaluate him after the season.  Being the AD, he probably was under the assumption he would get to lead a coaching search and hire his guy.  

Seems like a group of boosters don’t give a fuck and have taken control of this thing and have told cdc to sit in the corner.  Seems like Hartzell wants a winning program and knows what we need to compete with Bama, tOSU, Clemson etc and is motivated to make it happen.  

Would make sense of the articles that were posted from CDCs mouth pieces about this being his show and him pulling the strings.  He’s probably not happy that he was by passed through all of this.   He probably also knows when Meyer comes here, he’s asking for an assistant athletic director for football that he will essentially pick.  I feel like Meyer probably wants to choose his boss and not have to answer to cdc.  Meyer basically wants full control.  

This is based off nothing except my hungover Sunday morning thoughts.

Reads like the BB's aren't all in the same box...

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

My hypothetical scenario... CDC is probably pissed that the donors went and started negotiations behind his back with Meyer.  CDC gave his word to Herman that he would evaluate him after the season.  Being the AD, he probably was under the assumption he would get to lead a coaching search and hire his guy.  

Seems like a group of boosters don’t give a fuck and have taken control of this thing and have told cdc to sit in the corner.  Seems like Hartzell wants a winning program and knows what we need to compete with Bama, tOSU, Clemson etc and is motivated to make it happen.  

Would make sense of the articles that were posted from CDCs mouth pieces about this being his show and him pulling the strings.  He’s probably not happy that he was by passed through all of this.   He probably also knows when Meyer comes here, he’s asking for an assistant athletic director for football that he will essentially pick.  I feel like Meyer probably wants to choose his boss and not have to answer to cdc.  Meyer basically wants full control.  

Dude. If this is just your speculation that’s pretty amazing. You’re spot on. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Enchubben said:

LOL I was in the middle of consolidating this as well, but you're further ahead.  Mine was more of a vindictive listing of people to neg/pos rep depending on outcome.

This encapsulates the aspect of this board that is just about insufferable.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, senorfussybutt said:

While I personally don't want Herman to stay, all of you fuckers need to realize that it's quite possible, nay probable, that we're stuck with the turtle for next season. The AD's office obviously doesn't care about recruiting like we do and expect us to make money whether we are top of the mountain or not.

people that say nay don't deserve a good football coach

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Then we all need to vote with our pocket books: don't buy merch, or tickets to the games, don't donate to LHF etc. This is the only way to get UT to pay any attention. It has to be where the average fan, pooled together brings equal economic impact to the BMDs. It is the only way to get the AD to pay attention.

Mathematically impossible. And even if it was possible, it would be a flash in pan compared to repeated large donations. Be happy we have big donors, and they are interested in the University.

Just now, 927 E. 41st said:

Mathematically impossible. And even if it was possible, it would be a flash in pan compared to repeated large donations. Be happy we have big donors, and they are interested in the University.

This is where I wish Michael Dell gave a shit about UT sports and just said "I got this"

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Doing the Lord's work. Hoping this comes through, but your pledges are garbage and need a new trainer if you can't text them at 1 p.m. on a Sunday during finals week and have them run down to the practice fields/Belmont on a whim based on message board rumors. Just saying. 

There’s a Junior who works in the AD who just told me practice was cancelled. Pretty funny because they’re sending a couple of them over anyway lmao.

Edited by Octavian
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, victory88 said:

If boosters took it over #1 there would be leaks all over the place and #2 UM would've said no. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just to expand on Caddox and Victory88 comments, CDC came from a school that is private and small, where decision making and control is more simplistic than in a larger, public university.

Bigger organizations require a different operational model than smaller org’s. By definition, you have to appease more people, keep more people informed, and make sure you have the authority to do certain things.

Now Kirk Herbstreit’s little whiny speech on Saturday tried to make it seem like Texas is somehow differently dysfunctional as compared to other schools, but the reality is that every large public institution wrestles with this problem. Herbstreit can go screw himself.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

If boosters took it over #1 there would be leaks all over the place and #2 UM would've said no. 

Boosters don't have to be the ones back channeling. All they have to do is talk to Hartzell/CDC and say how they are voting with their dollars. I.e. "We have $20M by December 15 and $X million by Summer 2021 if you Y".

6 minutes ago, Octavian said:

There’s a Junior who works in the AD who just told me practice was cancelled. Pretty funny because they’re sending a couple of them over anyway lmao.

Surly- we put the investigative back in investigative reporting.

5 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Well that's intriguing news. Out of rep but your and their service to the cause is appreciated. 

14 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I understand these are your feelings, but mine are, coaches come and go.  No ONE person is bigger than TEXAS FOOTBALL.  MB thought he was.  He was mistaken.  

We will survive.  🤘

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Just to expand on Caddox and Victory88 comments, CDC came from a school that is private and small, where decision making and control is more simplistic than in a larger, public university.

Bigger organizations require a different operational model than smaller org’s. By definition, you have to appease more people, keep more people informed, and make sure you have the authority to do certain things.

Now Kirk Herbstreit’s little whiny speech on Saturday tried to make it seem like Texas is somehow differently dysfunctional as compared to other schools, but the reality is that every large public institution wrestles with this problem. Herbstreit can go screw himself.

Yeah, that last paragraph is what really chaps my ass about such takes.  I would add that it probably didn’t help having Mack over at ESPN for several years sulking about our dirty laundry

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

SSDD. Nothing has changed in this regard. Herby has always been a walking, talking piece of human shit.

10 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Would the Junior have way to know whether a team meeting or anything of the sort has been called in place of practice? Assuming for sake of discussion practice is cancelled and it's going down, just trying to think the next step in the process that would be a tell. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic