Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Guys, Urban plucking OSU's coaches is why this isn't announced yet.  Urban has respect for his current employer (OSU) and isn't going to take half their staff in the middle of a season. He will take them though.

I also don't think anything will get leaked until Herman is fired.

TRUST THE SQUID

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I will never understand the love for Joe T Garcia’s. 

Same as Baby A’s in the respect that it’s a great place to get dehydrated.

Hell, it was a birthright to “go swimming” in the pool after one, two, or three too many tequila shots. I mean who among us hasn’t had that happen before?

• Haha 1

Yeah, if Herman is still the coach come Monday presser time, it ain't happening. Kansas gamne don't make a shit at this point. If we move to a plan B or C that isn't as flashy, they'll wait until after the "season" is over to do it. I think Meyer would be the only one able to move the needle i.e. the first early signing day.
If he is still coaching Monday, our hope is that Urban has said he needs to wait until Ohio State finishes its season so he can reach out to his guys. Or maybe, just maybe, CDC has said he wants to let the season finish before he makes a change.

15 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

El Arroyo was never awesome. Just OK. At no point did I eat a meal there and said that was really good. I started eating there in the 90s.  Drinks and apps only place. 

$1 margaritas at happy hour and their sign is all El Arroyo has ever been good for.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Not the best in these towns, but a few places that I've enjoyed...

A few in DFW

• Joe T Garcia's
  • Javier’s
  • Blue Goose
  • Manny's 
  • Mi Cocina

A few in SA 

• Acenar on The Riverwalk 
  • El Mirasol for margarita's 
  • Mi Tierra's
  • El Jarro's.
  • La Fogata
  • El Chaparral's  (Helotes)

Los Barrios in San Antonio on Blanco, the original is the best Tex Mex. You've got a lot of Mexican restaurants listed that aren't Tex Mex.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Brown Water margarita's with either fajita's or enchiladas... YUM!!!

(Haven't been there in the last 5yrs or so)

Edited by LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
10 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:
Yeah, if Herman is still the coach come Monday presser time, it ain't happening. Kansas gamne don't make a shit at this point. If we move to a plan B or C that isn't as flashy, they'll wait until after the "season" is over to do it. I think Meyer would be the only one able to move the needle i.e. the first early signing day.

If he is still coaching Monday, our hope is that Urban has said he needs to wait until Ohio State finishes its season so he can reach out to his guys. Or maybe, just maybe, CDC has said he wants to let the season finish before he makes a change.

Well, you can hope in one hand and shit in the other and see which one gets filled first. I would imagine Urban would want an extra week of selling recruits on not signing on NSD1 and just tell everyone he is going to fill out his staff after the season is over. It's not like it's a requirement that he announces his full staff within days of taking the job..

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

More overrated:

Chris Madrid's

Threadgills

I grew up with Chris. After he died, they went on for a bit, but the family sold out.  His sister Diana has opened a  new location near St. Mary's on Zazamorra it's good, check it out.

1 minute ago, Mikey4 said:

I'm trying to do real work here deciphering the squid emojis. It's really hard when people are yelling across the room about fucking Mexican food restaurants.

🗣🗣🗣

🌮  🇲🇽 🌯(“burrito”)

🥟(empanadas)

🍰(<tres leches?)

🥮(“flan”)

🗣🗣🗣

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Might just be me but Sanders signing and enrolling early could be an indication of where things stand...why would you sign and enroll early if you had no idea if your position coach, head coach and DC were going to be there next year? Me thinks Urban's onboard & CDC relayed that to recruits and now we're just waiting on the news to break. That's just the eternal optimist in me.

He may just really really hate the process and love what Texas has to offer outside of football. But for a dude who was on decommit watch the past couple of months.. I chose to believe Urban's onboard. 

Pussy is undefeated my friend.  His girlfriend committed to UT softball

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

The margaritas make people drunk enough to like the food. Bunch of buddies worked there through college. They’d make them enough in one summer to pay for a year of school.

Edited by Daichee Bell

1 minute ago, Steel Shank said:

Is it inedible?

No. It’s not “inedible”.  But it’s no Javier’s.(which is clear on the other side of the metroplex)

it’s a place to see and be “seen” if you’re into that sort of “scene”...

I can tell you one things, Mank. They’re freaking geniuses cause it’s a “straight cash, homie” type of operation. I mean you do get a receipt for your meal; but not if you got to one of the three bars to get a refreshment whilst standing in line to get in the joint. That place is printing money.

29 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Might just be me but Sanders signing and enrolling early could be an indication of where things stand...why would you sign and enroll early if you had no idea if your position coach, head coach and DC were going to be there next year? Me thinks Urban's onboard & CDC relayed that to recruits and now we're just waiting on the news to break. That's just the eternal optimist in me.

He may just really really hate the process and love what Texas has to offer outside of football. But for a dude who was on decommit watch the past couple of months.. I chose to believe Urban's onboard. 

Think about that again.  No way CDC is going to talk to 18 year old high schoolers and spill the beans about a secret head coach hire.  We don’t pay him a million bucks a year for that kind of lunacy.

Edited by ruitxn

tOSU’s season is in a precarious position right now regarding qualifying for the playoffs (enough games played, etc.). Even if Urban is coming here, he may not be comfortable adding more distraction to the program by dropping any further unwelcome news at this point. He is still a part of that program right now. Just a thought.

Just now, ruitxn said:

Think about that again.  No way CDC is going to talk to 28 year old high schoolers and spill the beans about a secret head coach hire.  We don’t pay him a million bucks a year for that kind of lunacy.

Christ, no wonder Sanders seems like a man amongst boys

• Like 2

Fucking pay sites.drum up all this bullshit. Get people going crazy. Its going to be Tuesday,  then wait til midnight.  Then his health issues come into play. Then its 3.5, who the fuck thought of that? Only obvious is that Herman is pretty much out the door, those pay guys ran with the rest. Now they're working on every big name that is out there. Forget about pulling a coach from Florida or Oregon, unless its an assistant. 

I don't know whats going on with the next coach, ill put my trust in CDC, but I have zero trust in the big ego BMDs, they've fucked up enough hires going back to since Royal retired. 

Tex mex is king, so is BBQ, breakfast tacos need eggs, don't forget about their fat sister, the breakfast burrito and fuck Chuys/Hulu hut

• Hook 'Em 1

Think about that again.  No way CDC is going to talk to 18 year old high schoolers and spill the beans about a secret head coach hire.  We don’t pay him a million bucks a year for that kind of lunacy.
Yeah, I'm sure there are rumors among recruits, but cdc sure as hell is not giving this info to high school students and asking them pretty please not to post it in the group chat.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Pussy is undefeated my friend.  His girlfriend committed to UT softball

Wait.  I thought that was a joke.  I’ve checked out of recruiting.  We lost Bowman to OU because of a softball player and retained Sanders because of a softball player?  Not to stereotype, but I think young men would be more likely to follow soccer players than softball players.

• Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic