Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

grew up near Fort Worth. El Fenix had $2.99 enchilada dinner on Wednesdays. God Damn I miss that. I'll fight you if you got a problem with that. the Taxco plate was spectacular.

You would probably enjoy a good night out at Pulido’s.

• Like 1

Just now, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I left this thread for a few hours and its still Mexican Food talk?  I ain’t going back through the last 15 pages but did anybody mention Panchos as the best Mexican food ever?  I kid.  I used to live near the original Lupe’s in West Houston (it was a little house) and they had was the best Tex Mex I have had as far as fajitas go.  The other Lupes I have been to in Austin and the Woodlands were decent but not nearly as good as the original place.  If anyone can help a brotha out and tell me the latest news on the actual subject matter of this thread.  Squid have any more emoji updates?  Urban having dinner with CDC in LA? Anything? Much appreciated. 

Some guy called Ced G says it's done. 

Confirming son in law. Does so in other tweets as well. Joker may mean son in law because Shore is a comedian.

Not sure what to make of this. He has quoted Reuters before. Maybe reference to Rutgers. Greg Schiano as DC?

Edited by KYHorn

4 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

Ever hang out at Fatso's?

My dad was high school friends with the founder of Fatso's (Bob D.).  It was a BBQ joint originally and I would get free lunch doing work like repairing the leaks in his roof mowing his lawn.  He'd reward me with quarters for the pool table too.  Pretty cool for a 10 year old.  He later sold it and it moved to the current location I don't know what order that was in.

2 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Growing up I thought that was fancy shit. The one in mesquite had a big ass fish tank and only rich people had those. The tortillas with butter and salt went so hard

Yeah that was for special occasions - seriously.  Usually my dad made my brother and I split an el charrito dinner w him.  I think my parents were just frugal but looking back on that now - holy shit. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Sit down dinner - Los Barrios (although I haven't been in years and I'm not even sure they're still open)

Sit down dinner where you can take a date without her getting stabbed - La Paloma Blanca on Broadway (again, haven't been in awhile, so I can only assume it still kicks ass, but who knows?)

Your list is correct.

Los Barrios Is still going strong. Iwas at there last week. Still pretty good but has fallen of a tiny bit imo 

Paloma Blanca is down the street from us and I’ll get to-go from there every other week. Still pretty consistently good

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

Some guy called Ced G says it's done. 

Well if Ced G said it’s done then who am I to question that.  Not sure if mentioned but Uncle Julios in Dallas was some good Tex Mex like 25 years ago.  Just like Lupe Tortillas they franchised them out and it has never been the same.

2 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

El Chico was where my family went for Sunday lunch after Church when we could splurge. So yeah, we were poor too

Monterrey House.  They had that candy in the chip basket that was awesome.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, dcbc said:

In the 90s, Jaime's was on the other side of Red River.  Did it used to be where Stubb's is?

You are correct.  Jaime's Spanish Village was on the west side of Red River.  Anyone confusing it with Stubb's is a head injury victim or took LSD as a landing strip from a blow bender.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I grew up to DFW. Going to El Chicos in the 80s was a big deal in my family.  Very exciting evening. 

3 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

El Chico was where my family went for Sunday lunch after Church when we could splurge. So yeah, we were poor too

That was Monterrey House for our family.  A smaller chain only in Texas that didn't hit like El Chico did in other states.

Lupe Tortilla on belt line in Addison.  Carne Asada, beef fajita, chicken fajita.   Pricey but legit.  

Lupe is close behind El Tiempo. Lupe has my favorite beef fajitas. The savory lime flavor is the best. But El Tiempo is better at Everything else. And the tenderloin/filet fajitas at El Tiempo are one of the best foods on the planet.

I know I am like a child wandering into the middle of a movie here but has La Fogata in San Antonio been mentioned? I just can’t read all the pages I am behind on. I am so far back. If so my apologies. When I was in law school in SA it was a favorite but haven’t been there in a while. 

La Fogata is great, grandparents lived right down the street from there and would go as often as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

Lupe Tortilla on belt line in Addison.  Carne Asada, beef fajita, chicken fajita.   Pricey but legit.  

I live down the street from that one and I went right when they first opened and it was terrible. I need to give it another shot because I love lupe tortilla but man that first time at that location was bad. 

I mean, lets be honest, is there even a chance he's gonna drop hints, or wink at the camera on set? I don't know, just feels like its buisness as usual. As much as I would love for him to look at the camera and be like, "Before we get started today, I'd like to announce I've accepted the Head Coach position at the University of Texas, Tom Herman, you're fired." But, being realistic here, I think it'll be radio silence. Who knows, I've been on this ride for a week already now, whats 2 more days?

Love to see el chico represented here. There was one in the mall in my hometown that we would go to growing up.

Just a few years ago, I found out that a couple of guys I know are in the founding family. Really nice people. They tried to do a new place a few years back but it didn't seem to stick and closed fairly quickly. Still, it was cool to read up on the family history after realizing it was their grandparents/parents place I went to as a kid.
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Aww he died? He always was so happy to take everyone's order. I did hear that back in 2012 or so he became homeless, and I hadn't heard updates until your post just now :/

Yeah he's dead as fuck.  Poor guy got murdered. 

https://patch.com/texas/north-austin/man-who-killed-ut-austins-beloved-junior-wendys-guy-gets-2-year-jail-term

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach

I live down the street from that one and I went right when they first opened and it was terrible. I need to give it another shot because I love lupe tortilla but man that first time at that location was bad. 

all lupe tortillas in houston suck bad.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Zepol87 said:

The beef must be slow cooked in crack for about 18 hours.  Order the most expensive item in the menu and thanks me later. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

okay I'm on the can shitposting while i shit and my wife just came by and intimated that i was jerking it

and then I realized that jerking it would probably have been less embarrassing and more productive

true story

You mean versus telling your wife that you are trying to interpret the tweets of a squid?

• Haha 3

I've found i liked everything at LT except the fajitas.  Something off about them, to my taste.  

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Cannot express how good it is that we haven’t heard anything today...we aren’t going to hear any good news till Herman is gone and that wasn’t going to happen till at least Saturday afternoon . Let’s pray that tomorrow goes status quo during Fox pregame and our percentages will keep rising and rising and rising 

I tend to agree with you, but there’s also the chance that there’s really nothing going on and no news is just that- no news bc there’s nothing newsworthy to report. 
Call it 90/10 you are right vs my nightmare scenario. 

Not sure if they’re just DFW area or statewide, but beef fajitas at La hacienda Ranch are some of the best I’ve ever had.  Never eaten in the restaurant - looks kinda cheesy.  But someone turned me on to those beef fajitas and they are fantastic.  No idea how their other food is . 

A long long time ago
I can still remember how
That music used to make me smile
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those people dance
And maybe they'd be happy for a while.......

Bye, bye Miss American Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry
And them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singin' this'll be the day that I die
This'll be the day that I die.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic