Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

33 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Transactional attorney like a majority of the surly degenerates. You offering a job that's half as interesting as sleuthing and tracking flights? Not saying I'm looking around but there's a reason I'm elbows deep in FlightAware logs instead of the work piling up all week. 

Your real work begins late Saturday night/Sunday (hopefully).  Rest up!! 

12 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So just to clarify, do I need to be up at 9 am with a play by play of everything that Urban wears/says/doesn’t say tomorrow morning? I don’t mind. I can if that is what is needed but I think y’all aren’t sleeping. So bbq and biker joints and Tex mex now? Nice 

If Urban wears an orange tie tomorrow this thread will implode

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

In my day, the egg roll cart in front of the Co-op was stocked by a blue station wagon.  The egg rolls were on the floor board of the back seat.  And no, they were not in boxes.

I was early mid 90s.  I think I remember that station wagon.  I believe there was either 2 or 3 different families that owned those carts. 1 sucked and I avoided it the other 2 were good. I don't understand how the Asians cornered the market in Austin for food carts back then.  Movie should be made about the turf wars. 

I know I am like a child wandering into the middle of a movie here but has La Fogata in San Antonio been mentioned? I just can’t read all the pages I am behind on. I am so far back. If so my apologies. When I was in law school in SA it was a favorite but haven’t been there in a while. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

I wasn't sure.  I knew it wasn't SA.  

I beg forgiveness.

Either way, shit is legit!

It is.  Talking fast food Mex West Texas' option of choice is Rosa's.  I find the one in Odessa is the best location of them all.  El Tacotote in El Paso is a close third.  Both behind TPalenque.  That said ive seen TP in the last few years follow in the steps of Taco cabana.   It has to do with the distribution and consistency.    Growing pains.

2 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

The one I went to was at the fountain on the S Mall.  I loved the eggrolls.

I got accosted by the calzone guy next to the one by RLM after buying one of their calzones. He accused them of bastsrdizing his product. He wasn't wrong.

Of course that's the outfit that was a fencing operation that got arrested a few years later...

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I know I am like a child wandering into the middle of a movie here but has La Fogata in San Antonio been mentioned? I just can’t read all the pages I am behind on. I am so far back. If so my apologies. When I was in law school in SA it was a favorite but haven’t been there in a while. 

That was was pretty good. Been there back in the day. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I was early mid 90s.  I think I remember that station wagon.  I believe there was either 2 or 3 different families that owned those carts. 1 sucked and I avoided it the other 2 were good. I don't understand how the Asians cornered the market in Austin for food carts back then.  Movie should be made about the turf wars. 

The one on the South Mall had a white van.  I think they were Thai and their daughter was not bad looking.  I sold T-Shirts from a table near them and got to know the Mom and the daughter that worked it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

I got accosted by the calzone guy next to the one by RLM after buying one of their calzones. He accused them of bastsrdizing his product. He wasn't wrong.

Of course that's the outfit that was a fencing operation that got arrested a few years later...

That's what I'm saying. That food cart scene was shady af.  I imagined people dying over the turf so another cart could get a good location. That RLM area was probably the 2nd best spot next to the Coop one.  Someone definitely got murdered for the coop location. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Ever hang out at Fatso's?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TexasEd said:

The one on the South Mall had a white van.  I think they were Thai and their daughter was not bad looking.  I sold T-Shirts from a table near them and got to know the Mom and the daughter that worked it.

Sorry. THAT'S the one that was a fencing op.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

It is.  Talking fast food Mex West Texas' option of choice is Rosa's.  I find the one in Odessa is the best location of them all.  El Tacotote in El Paso is a close third.  Both behind TPalenque.  That said ive seen TP in the last few years follow in the steps of Taco cabana.   It has to do with the distribution and consistency.    Growing pains.

Not tacos, but if you live around SA make sure to try the Delia’s tamales that opened up recently. They are a valley institution. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Thought those were the carts on drag that got popped for fencing.  I liked the falafel in the carts in front of Littlefield  fountain or whatever name they are calling it these days.

They were selling pills, coke and hot shit. 

9 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Pappasitos is good for a chain.
Chuys is VERY hit or miss. The one of North Lamar close to Braker is always good, OG style.

The chain ones outside of Austin tend to suck. There’s even a couple in the DC area. I heard that one of those were borderline inedible.

Those limey ass fajitas at Lupe Tortilla are so overrated.

Chain Tex-Mex talk not going away

I grew up dirt poor.  El Chico had a $3.99 enchilada dinner on Wednesdays.  God damn I miss that.  I’ll fight you if you got a problem with cheapass TexMex. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Cannot express how good it is that we haven’t heard anything today...we aren’t going to hear any good news till Herman is gone and that wasn’t going to happen till at least Saturday afternoon . Let’s pray that tomorrow goes status quo during Fox pregame and our percentages will keep rising and rising and rising 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

That's what I'm saying. That food cart scene was shady af.  I imagined people dying over the turf so another cart could get a good location. That RLM area was probably the 2nd best spot next to the Coop one.  Someone definitely got murdered for the coop location. 

I primarily bought from the RLM and Dean Keeton cart.  If not an eggroll with a lemonade it was a turkey melt.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

the-big-lebowski-oh-really.gif

Just checked in for the first time since about 4:00 this afternoon. Skipped about 25 pages and saw your post. So we’re happy again and we’re stealing OSU’s strength coach?? Does this this guy have anyone backing him? Seems like new “insiders” pop up every day. 

3 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

I ate fried rice from those stands 5X a week.

“I’ll have fried rice”

“And?”

“And egg rolls”

“And?”

“On of those chicken pocket things”

“And?”

“Dr. Pepper”

“And?”

“Fuck, IDK”

There was this old asian guy running one of those that could process orders faster than the Wendy's guy.  RIP Wendys guy but your weren't the best. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Cannot express how good it is that we haven’t heard anything today...we aren’t going to hear any good news till Herman is gone and that wasn’t going to happen till at least Saturday afternoon . Let’s pray that tomorrow goes status quo during Fox pregame and our percentages will keep rising and rising and rising 

If you keep posting about "how great it is that we didn't hear anything today" it's going to sound like you're trying to convince yourself more than convince us lol

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I grew up dirt poor.  El Chico had a $3.99 enchilada dinner on Wednesdays.  God damn I miss that.  I’ll fight you if you got a problem with cheapass TexMex. 

grew up near Fort Worth. El Fenix had $2.99 enchilada dinner on Wednesdays. God Damn I miss that. I'll fight you if you got a problem with that. the Taxco plate was spectacular.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Now I'm back in love

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

If you keep posting about "how great it is that we didn't hear anything today" it's going to sound like you're trying to convince yourself more than convince us lol

If feel like if someone said “I have the written contract Urban signed right here, just PayPal me $100” that he would do that. But not gonna mock because this is where we are at. 

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

El Chico was the first texmex "chain" of restaurants in Texas.  I think a dishwasher started it.  

Edited by RollLeft

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Growing up I thought that was fancy shit. The one in mesquite had a big ass fish tank and only rich people had those. The tortillas with butter and salt went so hard

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I left this thread for a few hours and its still Mexican Food talk?  I ain’t going back through the last 15 pages but did anybody mention Panchos as the best Mexican food ever?  I kid.  I used to live near the original Lupe’s in West Houston (it was a little house) and they had was the best Tex Mex I have had as far as fajitas go.  The other Lupes I have been to in Austin and the Woodlands were decent but not nearly as good as the original place.  If anyone can help a brotha out and tell me the latest news on the actual subject matter of this thread.  Squid have any more emoji updates?  Urban having dinner with CDC in LA? Anything? Much appreciated. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic