Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And just who the fuck are you with your late night registration and bold fucking pronouncements?

That's right.  Not my pronouncement. Just recognizing somebody else's good work.  

A long, long time lurker.  

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Breathed made a single-frame cartoon about the egg roll wars (circa 1980). The Non La  wearing owners were firing AKs and M-16s at each other from behind their carts. Funny shit you wouldn’t see in today’s trigger-sensitive world.  

I thought you were going to include Fecal Joe and Eddie the Albino Squirrel depictions, but maybe they didn't do any. LULZ

2 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

Heck yeah, now we're talking. Here's my power ranked top 20 central texas breweries

20 | Nomadic Beerworks

19 | Hopsquad

18 | Yokefellow Beer

17 | Family Business

16 | The Brewtorium

15 | Hi Sign

14 | Batch Brewing

13 | Meanwhile Brewing

12 | Vista Brewing

11 | Real Ale

10| The ABGB

09 | Southern Heights

08 | Oddwood Ales

07 | Live Oak

06 | The ABGB

05 | Zilker Brewing

04 | St. Elmo 

03 | Austin Beerworks

02 | Pinthouse Collective 

01 | Jester King

lets go fuckin get our corch!

No love for 4th Tap?

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Breathed made a single-frame cartoon about the egg roll wars (circa 1980). The Non La  wearing owners were firing AKs and M-16s at each other from behind their carts. Funny shit you wouldn’t see in today’s trigger-sensitive world.  

Academia Waltz talk not going away.

3 hours ago, RollLeft said:

Have you tried any of Sarah Gruenberg's restaurants?  I really would like to try one next time i'm in town.

Monteverde in the west loop is awesome.  Chicago food scene is amazing - honestly just missing TexMex.  Hope we don’t see even more permanent closings.  Damn shame. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:that's an Arandas. 

The South 1st location makes their own tortillas: Burnet does not. 

When the youngest was three and four, we would get breakfast at the South First location. She’d order papas and eggs, and orange juice, and hold my upper arm while she eyed the room. Soccer on the TVs; dawn dawning.

Good times.

6 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Pappasitos fajitas with the dipping lard are amazing. Anyone hating on either of those places just sort of sucks at life. 
can you find better here or there? 
sure. But I’ve never not enjoyed a meal at either of those places or been with anyone that had a bad time/meal there. 

I know I can walk into any Pappasito's and have great fajitas. In like 30 years, they've never failed me. Ever. There are very few places I know of where I'll get a great meal every single time. Consistency is a huge deal  for me.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Dilligas said:

Mi Cocina supposedly had a limit of 2 Mambo Taxis, think I had 4 one time, don’t remember 

Not Tex-Max, but anyone remember that place on 5th Street in the 80s called Hyde's, with the quart jar drink they called a "Massacre"?

Holy crap. Good times. I think.

4 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

image.gif.bd604d7c87e1289305b7ee6f135180b7.gif

All threads have been merged into this one for the duration. Until there is resolution to the UM situation, all food, pop culture, liquor, women, and other talk appears to be centered here. Stream of consciousness stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, tejas60 said:

grew up near Fort Worth. El Fenix had $2.99 enchilada dinner on Wednesdays. God Damn I miss that. I'll fight you if you got a problem with that. the Taxco plate was spectacular.

Taqueria Arandina on Riverside. Delicious Mexican food that was cheap af back then. Breakfast plate for $1.99 that came with bacon and egg, papas, and refried beans. Then for lunch/dinner the burrito California de fajita was like $3.99 and filling. That plane was great. Shit, i have the phone number memorized. It was close to Fast Freddy's barbershop

Edited by LarTXHorn

Holy shit! Thought I would be the only one up. Lmao. 2 hours and 44 minutes until the show. Such as it is.and no new news to report. I wonder how much of a ratings spike Fox will get today. 

I know that Coastal Carolina will probably lose to BYU but I really hope they can hang. I have enjoyed watching them this year and I feel like their HC will be a name mentioned a lot in a few short years. So I am rooting for the Chanticleers (the Black Swarm) today.

will always root for UT to win. Not sure if we play the Kansas game so I hope for a win today vs. Kansas state for our seniors and players. No injuries. A win gets us a bowl game and more money for the program. I feel bad for the seniors especially. I also feel, with the exception of Baylor, our conference as a whole has handled the Covid situation well.

Breakfast taco sounds good. luckily I have bacon, salsa, potatos (not feeling eggs but have them) cheese etc and sausage. Self rising tortillas. I am set. Lol

Beers: I will probably get flamed for this but I hate most IPA’s. One beer I tried at an arcade bar a few years back, Chocolate Sombrero (Clown Shoes) was pretty damn good. I’m not really a huge beer snob.

good morning! Hope I covered everything. Lmao.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm ready for all of you assholes to ruin my fucking Saturday and out me to work. 

Are you eating a McRib this morning in a desperate bid to get Urban to come to Texas?

I don’t think there has been this kind of excitement/phenomenon in a long time for UT football fans. That I have seen ever. 

7 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I know I am like a child wandering into the middle of a movie here but has La Fogata in San Antonio been mentioned? I just can’t read all the pages I am behind on. I am so far back. If so my apologies. When I was in law school in SA it was a favorite but haven’t been there in a while. 

Jesus everyone here is a fucking lawyer 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Are you eating a McRib this morning in a desperate bid to get Urban to come to Texas?

I don’t think there has been this kind of excitement/phenomenon in a long time for UT football fans. That I have seen ever. 

It’s a very strange time. We are all excited about the possibilities of becoming good again but the asymptotic cliff we will be looking down at if he rejects us will be a low I have not felt since attending the UCLA game in 97. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Holy shit! Thought I would be the only one up. Lmao. 2 hours and 44 minutes until the show. Such as it is.and no new news to report. I wonder how much of a ratings spike Fox will get today. 

I know that Coastal Carolina will probably lose to BYU but I really hope they can hang. I have enjoyed watching them this year and I feel like their HC will be a name mentioned a lot in a few short years. So I am rooting for the Chanticleers (the Black Swarm) today.

will always root for UT to win. Not sure if we play the Kansas game so I hope for a win today vs. Kansas state for our seniors and players. No injuries. A win gets us a bowl game and more money for the program. I feel bad for the seniors especially. I also feel, with the exception of Baylor, our conference as a whole has handled the Covid situation well.

Breakfast taco sounds good. luckily I have bacon, salsa, potatos (not feeling eggs but have them) cheese etc and sausage. Self rising tortillas. I am set. Lol

Beers: I will probably get flamed for this but I hate most IPA’s. One beer I tried at an arcade bar a few years back, Chocolate Sombrero (Clown Shoes) was pretty damn good. I’m not really a huge beer snob.

good morning! Hope I covered everything. Lmao.

4p2j4t.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I grew up on the original Lupe Tortilla, but haven't been in at least a decade.  Given the comments, not sure if it has gone downhill or if the expansion locations are just terrible.

Yeah it's too bad. Nice atmosphere. I want to like it. Everything's great ... except the food. Bland. Get better at home.

17 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Been up since 230. At work.

2 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I grew up on the original Lupe Tortilla, but haven't been in at least a decade.  Given the comments, not sure if it has gone downhill or if the expansion locations are just terrible.

When he first moved to Houston we rented a house by Stratford snd would hit the one in Energy Corridor. Had a big sandpit playground for kids and good margaritas. 
Waiters were always reminding people not to leave their kids behind. 

7 hours ago, KYHorn said:

Confirming son in law. Does so in other tweets as well. Joker may mean son in law because Shore is a comedian.

Not sure what to make of this. He has quoted Reuters before. Maybe reference to Rutgers. Greg Schiano as DC?

4 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

So it looks like we figured out the squid code for Paulie Shore and Reuters. What are the other ones he has been linking?

He has used lots of Vegas references. Anyone on the Raiders staff he might have a connection to? Or UNLV.

Taver Johnson for DBs? Had that role at Ohio State, now Raiders' assistant DB coach: www.raiders.com/team/coaches-roster/taver-johnsonhttps://www.raiders.com/team/coaches-roster/taver-johnson

Edited by KYHorn

10 hours ago, Mr Orange said:

There hasn't been a plan B for some time now.  This weekend will be a good one 😎

So, fwiw, I texted my buddy who originally told me about the Oct 9 BMD meeting at the Dallas country club. Mind you, he is not a BMD & did not go to UT, but it's amazing. The guy knows practically every millionaire or billionaire in Austin. His response:

"Hearing Urban 8 year 10M/year".

We'll see...

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic