Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

10 minutes ago, utee94 said:

'97 UCLA was bad.  I hated the 63-14 and 65-13 losses to OU  more though, because OU is a hated rival.

But none of those were as bad as the '91 Cotton Bowl IMO, for those that attended in person.  Miserable cold wet weather, the absolute destruction of our hopes that were were finally "back", Russell Maryland killing our o-line completely dead, and those a-hole Miami CoCanes earning something like 200+ yards in unsportsmanlike penalties.  I'm pretty sure I got frostbite in my toes that day.

Confirming the misery of 91CB.   It’s a day and game that’s burned into my memory never to be purged it seems.   At least I was hammered for the UCLA 97 game.   

Just now, Knighthawk said:

Confirming the misery of 91CB.   It’s a day and game that’s burned into my memory never to be purged it seems.   At least I was hammered for the UCLA 97 game.   

Yep.  My first game in person.  I then got to enjoy the Saalam/Martin ass beatings, loss to Rice in '94, 0-4 (I think) against aggy, etc... while on the 40.  I do believe we may have been 4-0 against OU while I was there.

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Is that one where you order the chicken and they give you a tortilla and you kind of cut up and make your own fajita taco out of it? I want to say I went to one off 59 just inside the loop in Houston a million years ago and I thought it was pretty decent. 

The original one was a little house just south of I-10 near highway 6 in Houston.  I used to live 2 minutes away.  Place was always packed with like an hour plus wait on the weekends.

Good morning Surly degenerates. I expect the K-state game to go much the way of the ISU game, where the team performs, then multiple fuck ups by TH lead to a loss. Win or Lose today, doesn't matter. I'm ready for our long lasting edging exercise after the game. Hopefully today and tomorrow will be fun.

36 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

My dad had this painted for me as a graduation present. He collected a lot of oil paintings when he was alive and this guy mostly did deer paintings. Pretty much. My dad approached him and said can you paint a Longhorn for me? The guy was like WTF? Hook’em! I hope today is a good one for the program and the players. 

1D692015-56AB-41AA-9E4C-9463AE629794.jpeg

That is awesome.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If for whatever reason James Franklin is the guy if somehow we do miss out on urban. I’ll see all you fuckers in 4-5 years. 

I, too, am amazed at how shitty Bohls is at his job, but Texas is not hiring a dude that started 1-5 at PSU this season.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

There is one low point and it was the 1991 Cotton Bowl. 

Disagree.  The 1991 Cotton Bowl was a bigger beat down but not the bigger let down with Texas was ranked #3 and Miami #5.   The 1978 Cotton Bowl Texas was undefeated and ranked #1 with Norte Dame ranked #5.  Texas would have won another NC if they had defeated ND that day.  

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If for whatever reason James Franklin is the guy if somehow we do miss out on urban. I’ll see all you fuckers in 4-5 years. 

Hard pass on James Franklin. He has all of Urban's baggage with none of the hardware. 

He and that row the boat guy are hucksters.

Just now, ztejas said:

I, too, am amazed at how shitty Bohls is at his job, but Texas is not hiring a dude that starred 1-5 at PSU this season.

It’s actually a genius move.  Wait till your real target all along goes 1-5 at this dream job and pry him away with a market busting offer.  Ball bounces different against Tech, Baylor, and OSU and someone does that to us.  

2 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

That is awesome.

thank you. the artist, Don Keller, passed away in 2014 and as another poster said was widely known for his south Texas white deer paintings. At least around the gun show circuit (my dad collected guns and paintings). Not a PSA on gun shows and not going cloakroom on them (please) but there are tons of local artists at these things (as I am sure many of you know) and my dad had bought paintings from him over the years. Finally got up the courage to ask Mr. Keller if he could paint a Longhorn and the guy literally was like "WTF? I don't paint longhorns. See all these deer paintings." My dad wouldn't let it go. Hence, the painting. I am sure if you want a Longhorn painting all you would have to do is attend one of these shows and approach some of the artists. JMO. ANd not CR or anything

52 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

We’re negotiating the price down!

52 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Shit I’ll take it, but I’ve got tho think part of the allure for UM is being paid more than Saban 

Yeah I have no idea re: numbers. That's just what he said he heard. What does Saban Make?

Edited by wood

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m 42 pages behind. Cliffs for the last 20 hours please?

Tons of talk about shitty Mexican food places people like such as Chuys and Lupe Tortilla. Rap game Larry post a gif saying “soon.” Kurt Bohls talks about James Franklin being an option.  Nichole44 has daddy issues. Oh and worst beat downs people remember and why. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

It was wet and fucking cold that day. It kept getting colder. The game went from enjoyable to full on punishment.

It was, in its own way, worse than UCLA 66-3. Though, I'm not sure it topped some of the ass rapings to Ousux under MB, but it was very, very bad.

Yep there was an arctic front that hit the night before with ice on I-35 and Central Texas area.  I got to Georgetown and had to turn around because icy road and hustle down to campus to catch a ride on the UT alumni bus to get to the game.

32 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

My dad had this painted for me as a graduation present. He collected a lot of oil paintings when he was alive and this guy mostly did deer paintings. Pretty much. My dad approached him and said can you paint a Longhorn for me? The guy was like WTF? Hook’em! I hope today is a good one for the program and the players. 

1D692015-56AB-41AA-9E4C-9463AE629794.jpeg

Looks legit! Snowball approves.

4FB1322B-BD69-40EE-84A0-14066C3612E2.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Regardless of how this ends @immamac this thread has to be the beginning of the Surly Classics section. 

i talked to him last night and this thing needs to wrap soon because he can't skip or just dive in wherever he wants, he's read the entire thing, every fucking post.  the shags had threads that moved as fast as this one, but for hours, not days, and we're on day 8.

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

How many of ya'll have been up this early for a Gameday show (or in this case a Big Noon Kickoff show)? Watching GameDay because I happen to like the Chanticleers. I am rooting for the Black Swarm and hope they can hang with BYU. Really like their coach. I think he is gonna be a huge success.

I'm up at 4:30 every morning, GameDay or not. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i talked to him last night and this thing needs to wrap soon because he can't skip or just dive in wherever he wants, he's read the entire thing, every fucking post.  the shags had threads that moved as fast as this one, but for hours, not days, and we're on day 8.

Why in gods name would he feel the need to read every post?  We’re all very upstanding mature adults here.  What could possibly go wrong that he might have missed?

36 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The FOX avoiding the subject is the actual tell. They messed with him about the rumors 2-3 weeks ago and it was awkward. Something like that today, he couldn’t play it off. If they don’t let him address it, that’s good and it’s because he doesn’t want it discussed. If he were set up to address it, there is only one way that goes - negative for us. 

The premise of Meyer announcing anything about actually taking a job that isn’t currently open, on live national tv, is fan fiction silliness. That one keeps popping up on this thread and even in a world as fucked up and looney as 2020 has been, that would only be the action of an insane person. 

This. 100%. 

10 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I know BJ quit once during the season already, but do you think he's portaling / opting out? Anyone heard anything?

Injury is the word. 

Basically, the Texas front 7 is in tact and everything else is trash for this game. The OL doesn’t even look like a D-1 unit. Ehlinger has the accuracy of a sling shot without a go-to WR and a bunch of terrible deep balls. The safeties are gone. Turtle Tom will not allow this game to get lopsided for Texas even if the team plays up. (Given everything going on with the program, there is no way the team plays up.) Cade Brewer will still be stealing snaps from a future NFL TE and missing blocks while averaging 4 ypc. The game is in the hellhole of Manhattan, KS. Many players on the team faked corona in order to miss some practice this week.

Doesn’t KSU get a bunch of guys back today?

Yeah, things look good for a big Texas win today. Holy fucking shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

28 minutes ago, Druggist said:

For me, the 2001 Big 12 Championship game was just as big a kick in the nuts as UCLA 97 or the OU blowouts.  I was certain we were going to curbstomp CU. I was also drunk as fuck and have never put on a worse display of behavior at a game. I still wish I could apologize to anyone with kids sitting near me for that one.

Brother? My wife almost divorced me after that game

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic