Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

I don’t feel good about them joking about it like that. I’m an optimist, but that seems like something you joke about when it’s harmless, as in “we’re just messing we know you’re not going anywhere”

But then again, maybe only Meyer himself knows the real answer.

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

I don’t feel good about them joking about it like that. I’m an optimist, but that seems like something you joke about when it’s harmless, as in “we’re just messing we know you’re not going anywhere”

This isn't Meyer's first rodeo

You think UM is telling some of those meat heads what he is doing? No fucking way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think it’s a great sign because Urban doesn’t say anything back.  If he wasn’t taking the job, he would laugh and joke back.  They are also avoiding showing him during the Texas segments.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Mack was 7-9 against OU. (Not that it negates your overall point, but he was much closer to .500 against them than .300.) 

Point taken. I didn't actually count the wins and losses.  My perspective is probably skewed by the blowouts and the fact that when we did beat OU, we screwed up elsewhere and it rarely led to a conference title.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

I think it’s a great sign because Urban doesn’t say anything back.  If he wasn’t taking the job, he would laugh and joke back.  They are also avoiding showing him during the Texas segments.  

Because he will turn beat red and start staring at us again.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Missed the context on this one. What was said? 

It was during the Tenn v Fla segment and they were laughing about how a coaching job ages you and Urban says "That's twice you got me I owe you"  and other guy says "You gave me some ammunition this morning."

Coach can't defend himself.

3 minutes later Brady with the "Coaches that will have another Job Next year, I'm just hoping it's not Urban Myer :) " Coach better not leave us!"

It's like when you are dating a hot girl and your friends tease you about it.  You don't defend yourself. You gloat. 

Edited by TexasEd

2 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

Urban didn’t comment on Sam. He’s a lock.

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

Urban its almost completely silent when they bring up UT, just now when they were showing Sam stretching, he was faced foward and a serious look, while the rest were joking about Sam running it 40 times today..

He’s debating on if he is going to try to convince sam to return...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Horndog said:

I went to that game at the last minute. Bought tickets in the parking lot. Great seats, 45 yard lower bowl. Turns out they were part of the allotment given to the ND team group. I sat among a few thousand obnoxious Irish fans (redundant I know) and watched Texas get its ass kicked all over the field. The worst game experience of my life.

Until I woke up on Jan. 1. 1991 and decided to go down to Fair Park and see if I could find last minute tickets.  . .

I think I'm seeing a pattern here.  Please, no more last minute bowl tickets for you.

5 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

He won a nation championship in those 10 yrs I mentioned and went to another. Would've been 3 NC games of fucking Crabtree meltdown doesn't happen. That game still kinda hurts. 

A Nation championship, that has to be much harder to win than a national championship. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I hope we kick ass much ass under Urban as we do in my dreams. 

If it happens, somebody needs to put Urban's head on Rogue One Vader in the hall with other Big 12 coaches' heads on the fodder. Maybe trying to slide the Big 12 championship trophy through the door...but not a fucking moment before.

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Point taken. I didn't actually count the wins and losses.  My perspective is probably skewed by the blowouts and the fact that when we did beat OU, we screwed up elsewhere and it rarely led to a conference title.

Yeah for sure. And I bet if you summed the "points for" and "points against" in those games, it would predict something close to OU winning 70%.

3 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

You think UM is telling some of those meat heads what he is doing? No fucking way. 

They’re coworkers and professionals that have been in the game. If he’s telling anybody outside of his inner circle or his assistants, it’s them. Especially in their pre production meetings. 

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Flight definitely may not be him if he is on past kickoff.  Holy shit if we get to halftime and he isn't on the show this board will 502 Gateway itself for 24 hrs. 

Flying into Austin while Texas is still playing would be smart. Pretty much everyone will be focused on the game. 

1 minute ago, Your Mom said:

Gameday talking about Herman’s hot seat right now. 

It’s really interesting that they are talking about Hermans hot seat while Fox, who has the game, is ignoring it. Doesn’t say anything definitive, obviously, but takes that topic of discussion off the table I guess?  

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

What is the fun in answering that question?

CSB

My dads buddy was a retired 4* Gen from the cold war. Hard warrior type with a plate in his head. He had the highest security clearance possible and direct knowledge of most of the most important events of the 20th cent. He would occasionally say he knew more than all the past CIA directors and Presidents combined. You could ask him shit and he got off to giving cryptic replies like: "Did the US secretly assonate that guy?" and he would say "The US doesn't assonate people.....anymore, haha"

One thanksgiving my buddy was with me and had to ask "So are there Aliens at Area 51?" and he replied "I'd tell you but I'd have to kill you...haha" to which my friend said "Why would you have to kill me if the answer was 'no'?" He got a surprised look on his face and said "Very good" and that was it.

In conclusion: you dirty minx.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

CSB

My dads buddy was a retired 4* Gen from the cold war. Hard warrior type with a plate in his head. He had the highest security clearance possible and direct knowledge of most of the most important events of the 20th cent. He would occasionally say he knew more than all the past CIA directors and Presidents combined. You could ask him shit and he got off to giving cryptic replies like: "Did the US secretly assonate that guy?" and he would say "The US doesn't assonate people.....anymore, haha"

One thanksgiving my buddy was with me and had to ask "So are there Aliens at Area 51?" and he replied "I'd tell you but I'd have to kill you...haha" to which my friend said "Why would you have to kill me if the answer was 'no'?" He got a surprised look on his face and said "Very good" and that was it.

In conclusion: you dirty minx.

I'm stealing "assonate"

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic