Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

I don't hate Herbie as much as most of y'all but yeah that segment this morning was complete bullshit, as if crazy fan expectations are unique to Texas.  He also kept making the point that UT has "NINE!" regents looking over the coach's shoulder. "Nine!"

9KY7bQKpkNbNZBs0_gzlExhQkXCRwSdlGOhJxrFX

Edited by LonghornSean
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Basically said that expectations at Texas are far greater than what should be expected given past success

Right, while completely ignoring the fact that Texas is tied for 3rd in all-time wins. Made it sound like Texas has only been successful under Mack Brown and when Earl Campbell was here in the late '70s. Quoted a coach from the 1950s about the difficulty of meeting the high expectations of our fans. Implied we should keep Herman, then looked completely dumbfounded & angry when Desmond Howard said there's a disconnect between Herman and the players. 

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

How long has Herbie been just an uber douchebag? I used to remember that he was fun/entertaining at one point on game day...

It’s like Corsos dementia has destroyed the brains of everyone on the set...

When we stopped comparing him to CJK5H a few years after he replaced him. 

12 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

8ECE6836-4D04-4B84-8782-F3A9047DE023.jpeg

Yeah, maybe Mr. Cherry wasn’t up to the task.  Another man followed just a few years later and went on to win 11 conference titles and 3 national championships at Texas.  Expectations met.  

Maybe Cherry could have built on his one conference title if he had the intestinal fortitude to carry on.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

I don't hate Herbie as much as most of y'all but yeah that segment this morning was complete bullshit, as if crazy fan expectations are unique to Texas.  He also kept making the point that UT has "NINE!" regents looking over the coaches shoulder. "Nine!"

9KY7bQKpkNbNZBs0_gzlExhQkXCRwSdlGOhJxrFX

Herbie doesn't bother me.  He isn't affecting if Urb comes or not.

However if Frank Erwin at the height of his power as chairman of the BOR couldn't can Royal no BOR  alive is adding pressure to Meyer. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m realizing all of Herman’s winner/loser shit is just a rip off of CUM’s mantras
The king has no clothes.

Herman was around Urban long enough to pick up the visible symptoms of a successful coach, but that's all he picked up. There's nothing behind the sound bytes. He's an average coach with an elite coach facade.

Fox segment on Gaylord Fockers.  Fuck you, if we had a coaching tree worth a shit, OU's QB accolades would be a shade of what they've become.  

Such a shit day of media coverage, I'm turning the TV off and spending the rest of the day outside.  Today somehow feels worse to me than the final days of Charlie Lulz.  Since then, the conference has only regressed, the agenda of officiating to offense production over defense is cemented, and football around the nation looks far gimpier/softer than even the worst programs of the early aughts.

Herbstreit and all the other mediots are such incredible dickfaces.

They spend half their time blasting the Texas program for being soft and under-achieving, and then the other half their time scolding Texas fans for having unrealistic expectations.

And if that's not hypocritical and preposterous enough, why on Earth do they think Texas fans should settle for less success than Ohio State, Alabama, and fucking CLEMSON?  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic