Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Ok. First mention of Urban Meyer maybe having another job with clownish laughter. 
then commercial without an urban rebuttal. Interesting. 

Hard to take what they say seriously in that segment with the fake beers taps on the “wall” behind them as well as the GIANT proportioned burgers flying by on conveyors belts.

They're doing a segment talking about Coaches that will be in new places next year, and Brady gives UM (off screen) a little ribbing: "I just hope our coach isn't somewhere else next year, we need him!"

First allusion they've made on the show.

Edit: I'm too slow.

Edited by TheBryMan81

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don't want to speak for others, but personally I expected more than 2 conference titles and to not lose to OU 70% of the time during Mack's 16 years.

Mack was 7-9 against OU. (Not that it negates your overall point, but he was much closer to .500 against them than .300.) 

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

The 1978 Cotton Bowl Texas was undefeated and ranked #1 with Norte Dame ranked #5.  Texas would have won another NC if they had defeated ND that day

I went to that game at the last minute. Bought tickets in the parking lot. Great seats, 45 yard lower bowl. Turns out they were part of the allotment given to the ND team group. I sat among a few thousand obnoxious Irish fans (redundant I know) and watched Texas get its ass kicked all over the field. The worst game experience of my life.

Until I woke up on Jan. 1. 1991 and decided to go down to Fair Park and see if I could find last minute tickets.  . .

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hank Chinaski said:

Mack was 7-9 against OU. (Not that it negates your overall point, but he was much closer to .500 against them than .300.) 

Yeah but the 2 conference titles in 16 years is the real big killer to me.  This wasn't a great conference either top to bottom but we still couldn't get more than 2 titles which is brutal.  Mack could recruit and was a decent coach but he underused the talent he brought to the 40 acres by having shit coordinators to go with his good not great coaching abilities.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

It's funny you mention that, because one thing I've noticed in a few flights this week (that otherwise would have had flight itineraries of interest) is that there are quite a few with stops in Teterboro, NJ airport before heading back down south. One that comes to mind hit Austin, Peachtree, Columbus OH and Teterboro, IIRC. There were one or two others as well. 

To this point I've just been dismissing and closing the tabs for those flights thinking, "New Jersey doesn't have shit to do with this," but maybe you're on to something. Maybe we're poaching a Rutgers coach, and it's not like they have anything to play for / they could give a definitive answer. 

@derpyhorndog

for Rutgers, KTTN Trenton-Mercer is equidistant (to Teterboro) and closer during rush hour traffic to SHI stadium, KTTN has a 6000' runway and significant FBO ramp/facility on the north side of the field so factor as equally probable as Teterboro.

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

Those guys mess with each other all the time.  They know he’s taking the job and they are hazing him.  That’s the 2nd times they’ve asked him about Texas the last 3 weeks.

Yeah- those are the only two times it’s been mentioned and very much in passing/no real discussion. 

20 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

OK, I started thinking if Urb took the job I bet he is getting on a flight right after the show.  I then thought I wonder if there is a flight from the same airport Van Nuys to ATX as there was last weekend when we think CDC flew up after the Iowa St game. 

Wouldn't you know it.  A flight leaving in 2.5 hrs to ATX from Van Nuys.  I was like no fucking way.  

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/GJE3105/history/20201205/1730Z/KVNY/KAUS

Unless Meyer isn’t on the halftime show then I don’t think this flight is it. The one I posted heading there leaves in 1 hour. DZB has been keeping their arrival and departure logs empty

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Yeah but the 2 conference titles in 16 years is the real big killer to me.  This wasn't a great conference either top to bottom but we still couldn't get more than 2 titles which is brutal.  Mack could recruit and was a decent coach but he underused the talent he brought to the 40 acres by having shit coordinators to go with his good not great coaching abilities.

He won a nation championship in those 10 yrs I mentioned and went to another. Would've been 3 NC games of fucking Crabtree meltdown doesn't happen. That game still kinda hurts. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic