Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

11 hours ago, Austx said:

Horns pummel KSU, KU game is cancelled by Monday, Herman is out by Monday night, Urban is in and announces coordinators, Ewers opens up his recruiting, the Brockemeyers start following UT coaches on Twitter, Urban is wearing a UT sweater at a presser by Friday morning.

Book it.

This guy’s newsletter, “The Cut of My Jib,” goes on sale Tuesday. 

It becomes an all-time best seller after he correctly predicts Sam Ehlinger stays for one more season with Coach Urban Meyer at the helm, moving to the position of H-Back, and winning the Heisman trophy in an undefeated season. 

Edited by jw4381

55 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

That was like a decade. You can't throw out a decade. 

when Texas' history was:

63 - Title

69 - Title

70 - Title

77 - Near title

84 - Near title

(am I missing any other first/splaying for first finishes?)

then 1985 - 2020 was a desert. 

The Mack Years seem good, but truthfully it was 2003 - 2009 that was really the exception

2005 - Title

2009 - Near title

So with all due respect to Mack, he was performing at the expected level for 6 years.  6 out of 35 years is an exception.

Edited by troph

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

They have to talk about the Texas KSU game, since it's the game right after this show. That's when it'll be interesting. 

This is gonna be anticlimactic. They will just talk about the game itself and probably won't talk about Herman's future at all. Which is all good for us, IMO.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

This guy’s newsletter, “The Cut of My Jib,” goes on sale Tuesday. 

It becomes an all-time best seller after he correctly predicts Sam Ehlinger stays for one more season with Coach Urban Meyer at the helm, moving to the position of H-Back, and winning the Heisman trophy in an undefeated season. 

Agreed

Love Sam, but I don't think he's got a future in the NFL at QB. Of course, I thought the same about Taysom Hill and Tebow. We know UM is gonna play our best option, whoever it is.

3 minutes ago, troph said:

when Texas' history was:

63 - Title

69 - Title

70 - Title

77 - Near title

84 - Near title

(am I missing any other first/splaying for first finishes?)

then 1985 - 2020 was a desert. 

The Mack Years seem good, but truthfully it was 2003 - 2009 that was really the exception

2005 - Title

2009 - Near title

So with all due respect to Mack, he was performing at the expected level for 6 years.  6 out of 35 years is an exception.

Didn’t we win more games in the 00s than any other school? What was your expectation?

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic