Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

7 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

When he first moved to Houston we rented a house by Stratford snd would hit the one in Energy Corridor. Had a big sandpit playground for kids and good margaritas. 
Waiters were always reminding people not to leave their kids behind. 

That's the original one from the 1980s.  Used to love their fajitas when I was a kid.

It’s a very strange time. We are all excited about the possibilities of becoming good again but the asymptotic cliff we will be looking down at if he rejects us will be a low I have not felt since attending the UCLA game in 97. 

Some of us are not able to drink enough to erase that game from memory. Although I keep trying!

19 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I grew up on the original Lupe Tortilla, but haven't been in at least a decade.  Given the comments, not sure if it has gone downhill or if the expansion locations are just terrible.

Is that one where you order the chicken and they give you a tortilla and you kind of cut up and make your own fajita taco out of it? I want to say I went to one off 59 just inside the loop in Houston a million years ago and I thought it was pretty decent. 

Not going back 45 pages to see if El Patio on Westheimer was mentioned. 
Friday nights were an absolute shitshow of kids and families. Great place to just let kids run wild and basically see entire neighborhood. 
Club no minor attached to it would tear your face off with their drinks. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, SunUvAbitchMarcos said:

Has there been a game recently that is less interesting? Apathy has set in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yes, we have a game today. A game we all expected before the season would have been a pivotal matchup to make sure we were in the conference championship game. Now we have all of our captains quitting and we are wondering why the Gods have forsaken us by returning the McRib.  

8 minutes ago, SunUvAbitchMarcos said:

Has there been a game recently that is less interesting? Apathy has set in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disagree completely.

I'll be watching with more interest than any other game his year. I'll be watching to see how the announcers handle the coaching issue. I'll be watching to see if Tom totally turtles under the pressure. I'll be watching to see if Tom gets a smug false sense of security if we should blow them out. I'll be watching to see if CDC walks to the sideline and bitch slaps him if WE get blown out. 

Lots of ins, lots of outs, lots of whathaveyous. 

Edited by DoobieWah

6 hours ago, Wayne said:

Five of Pantoni’s former recruiting assistants are now directors of player personnel at FBS programs. That includes Eron Hodges, recently appointed to head up Jeff Brohm’s recruiting efforts at Purdue, which hosts Ohio State on Saturday night. Giglio at South Florida, Derek Chang at Texas, Adam Caltury at Rutgers and Mark Diethorn at Virginia Tech are all part of Pantoni’s tree.    Adam Caltury is now at Pitt. 

(From an old Athletic article on Pantoni)

Bump

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

Not going back 45 pages to see if El Patio on Westheimer was mentioned. 
Friday nights were an absolute shitshow of kids and families. Great place to just let kids run wild and basically see entire neighborhood. 
Club no minor attached to it would tear your face off with their drinks. 

Only place I’ve been to where you’d wait in the restaurant to get into the bar (CNM).

Good times indeed
  • Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

It’s a very strange time. We are all excited about the possibilities of becoming good again but the asymptotic cliff we will be looking down at if he rejects us will be a low I have not felt since attending the UCLA game in 97. 

Was there on row one of the 50 yd line east side of the stadium with many other students. 

I said this yesterday morning, but nothing good could have come out of yesterday or the FOX show today except an obvious gag order on that set in which they awkwardly skirt around addressing anything about Texas with Meyer. If we see that today, plus a shit ton of other logical elements already just sitting there on this, then wow. 

One thing that’s floating is that even with such a recruiting animal as Meyer, staff assembly is more important. If he takes the job, it may be a situation where letting the string for Herman get played out through the Kansas game makes as much sense as anything while all of the administrative and staffing loose ends begin to get tied down. The transfer portal will be used to solve gaps left by this recruiting cycle. 

I don’t personally believe that, and I don’t want that, and this board would implode on itself and there’d be nothing but dead bodies and useless assholes like the HugoStiglitz guy left to pic over the football board after hiding out with this his dipshit rep pumping buddies on the political board, but I guess it’s vaguely believable. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

While the odds certainly favor the premise that someone posting on the boards will be or become a BMD, I don’t see that as the current case, thankfully.

The big money couldn’t contain itself or its arrogance when going after Saban. Their loose lips sank that ship and they were shamed by the embarrassment. That created an opportunity for Steve fucking Patterson to hire a search firm and wind up with Chuckles.

Do people want something like that again? I don’t. I hope nobody knows shit until everything happens at once if Meyer is coming here. 

Besides, there’s also shit that cannot be posted without wrecking some relationships for folks and some of us would prefer to avoid doing that people as well.

I'm cool, I won't get mad if you go ahead and post those nuggets here.. you know from one BMD to another BMD

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I said this yesterday morning, but nothing good could have come out of yesterday or the FOX show today except an obvious gag order on that set in which they awkwardly skirt around addressing anything about Texas with Meyer. If we see that today, plus a shit ton of other logical elements already just sitting there on this, then wow. 

One thing that’s floating is that even with such a recruiting animal as Meyer, staff assembly is more important. If he takes the job, it may be a situation where letting the string for Herman get played out through the Kansas game makes as much sense as anything while all of the administrative and staffing loose ends begin to get tied down. The transfer portal will be used to solve gaps left by this recruiting cycle. 

I don’t personally believe that, and I don’t want that, and this board would implode on itself and there’d be nothing but dead bodies and useless assholes like the HugoStiglitz guy left to pic over the football board after hiding out with this his dipshit rep pumping buddies on the political board, but I guess it’s vaguely believable. 

I agree. If we have been in talks with Meyer for a while I believe it will be status quo with the awkward skating of the elephant in that room. Nothing significant will come today from that show IMO due to Meyer being a constant professional. 

I don’t see your middle paragraph happening either. I think if he does accept and it happens this weekend it sets everything else in motion and shows those in his Rolodex that this is real and happening. 

51 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I’m also 6’3”

I'm actually 6'3" for real.  That's right I fuck. 

46 minutes ago, General Specific said:

Some of us are not able to drink enough to erase that game from memory. Although I keep trying!

That game and a Bienemy CO game were the worst 2 games in the history of DKR. I think he had 500 yds rushing. Seriously, though it was 300+.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

The Stiglitz guy is the most glaring example of the rampant dipshittery that is the Cloak Room. That guy’s actual contributions anywhere else on this site are a firm net negative worthy of a rapid crowdsourcing. It’s fucking laughable. 

I wonder if the forums software can disable rep from that specific sub-forum? Wonder if it can retroactively remove rep from said sub-forum as well?

love brisket and his contributions to the other boards but he’d lose a shit ton of rep that he earned from the sky is falling America is fucked schtick. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I doubt if anything whatsoever will turn up on pregame, so watching it for some clue is kind of a waste.  Urby sure isn't gonna spill any beans, and the other hosts have no impetus to sabotage their own show.  My 2¢ is that you won't get any help there.  So e.g. if Urby isn't wearing an orange tie, or gives some discreet hook'em symbol, I can see where 2--3 people on here are going to panic, "oh noes!".  Whatever is afoot, nothing on that show is going to give any hints whatsoever.

CYA:  unless he makes an announcement on the show, which wouldn't totally stun me.

I do believe he has not decided yet though, because TommyBoy would be canned 30 seconds after it happens.  No reason to stall recruiting with probably the most unimportant game and final stretch of UT football since I've been alive. 

I've been hearing UT played all its aces, and Meyer is counting his ducks to see how it works out and everyone is on hold until he does.  I believe it'll happen one way or another after this game and a day on the set for him.

And there's no way in hell I'm watching more than a few portions of the game, mostly to see if KSU is getting back to pre-Skyler competence (probably not yet but better).  I got stuff to do, people to see, places to go.

Meantime I'm offering up incense to Jobu and although he's no help in getting me to hit a curve ball, he might have some pull with the football gods.

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If this is happening I don't think it would be after KS game due to the recruiting impacts. UM could do some serious damage in 1 week of recruiting. 

56 minutes ago, wood said:

So, fwiw, I texted my buddy who originally told me about the Oct 9 BMD meeting at the Dallas country club. Mind you, he is not a BMD & did not go to UT, but it's amazing. The guy knows practically every millionaire or billionaire in Austin. His response:

"Hearing Urban 8 year 10M/year".

We'll see...

Shit I’ll take it, but I’ve got tho think part of the allure for UM is being paid more than Saban 

57 minutes ago, wood said:

So, fwiw, I texted my buddy who originally told me about the Oct 9 BMD meeting at the Dallas country club. Mind you, he is not a BMD & did not go to UT, but it's amazing. The guy knows practically every millionaire or billionaire in Austin. His response:

"Hearing Urban 8 year 10M/year".

We'll see...

We’re negotiating the price down!

5 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I'm actually 6'3" for real.  That's right I fuck. 

So you're going by "passiveaggresivecoach" now nerd? Haha whats up douche bag, it's Tanner from Highschool. Remember me? Me and the guys used to give you a hard time in school. Sorry you were just an easy target lol. I can see not much has changed. Remember Sarah the girl you had a crush on? Yeah we're married now. I make over 200k a year and drive a mustang GT. I guess some things never change huh loser? Nice catching up lol. Pathetic..

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Stiglitz guy is the most glaring example of the rampant dipshittery that is the Cloak Room. That guy’s actual contributions anywhere else on this site are a firm net negative worthy of a rapid crowdsourcing. It’s fucking laughable. 

Don’t short change him. His contributions there are net negative as well.

• Haha 2

If that’s true, and we’re all dead, they can have a fisting party and no one would care!

Is there still a Wendy's on campus?  Man they make good burgers sometimes.

Old-timers remember the era before the fast-food franchises and the totally hit or miss fare in the Union.  Mostly I miss the big barroom there, did many successful sorties with wimmenz in that room and their $3 or whatever pitchers of pissed-down "beer" (I think it was beer anyway).

That's what's wrong with the world today - you can't get totally drunk on less than $10 (unless you freeload, NTTAWWT).

49 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Oh yes, we have a game today. A game we all expected before the season would have been a pivotal matchup to make sure we were in the conference championship game. Now we have all of our captains quitting and we are wondering why the Gods have forsaken us by returning the McRib.  

I ate a chili dog yesterday and I seriously thought of you and laughed. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DJMackBrown said:

My buddy’s friend who knows a guy who knows another guy that knows a lot of stuff said Herman just applied for a job at Wendy’s on Campus 

Herman’s not fit to hold Junior’s jock.

Edited by Rudiger
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Meantime I'm offering up incense to Jobu and although he's no help in getting me to hit a curve ball, he might have some pull with the football gods.

Jobu likes rum, dammit. You are going to fuck this up for all of us.

Edited by Zharkov
Because
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

While the odds certainly favor the premise that someone posting on the boards will be or become a BMD, I don’t see that as the current case, thankfully.

The big money couldn’t contain itself or its arrogance when going after Saban. Their loose lips sank that ship and they were shamed by the embarrassment. That created an opportunity for Steve fucking Patterson to hire a search firm and wind up with Chuckles.

Do people want something like that again? I don’t. I hope nobody knows shit until everything happens at once if Meyer is coming here. 

Besides, there’s also shit that cannot be posted without wrecking some relationships for folks and some of us would prefer to avoid doing that people as well.

Fucking this. I have one or 2 clients who I’m positive know exactly what’s up but they would never talk about it until it’s out. And even years later it’s just tid bits. Besides, sometimes the whole fun of secrets is keeping them

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic