Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just need to get through this show without Urban announcing he has no desire to return to coaching. 

If they’re smart and he is saying something either way on it, I’d suspect they would wait until the very end of the show to keep us fools strung along watching the whole show.

Just now, mdleast said:

If they’re smart and he is saying something either way on it, I’d suspect they would wait until the very end of the show to keep us fools strung along watching the whole show.

This

FOX has gotta know UT fans are dialed in for clues right now. They'll string us along.

3 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Serious question, is this a shitty move by Herman, it almost seems like he's holding Keontay hostage?

Just the way im interpretting it..

Maybe it’s Herman saying “hey dude, Urban is coming, you might want to rethink this. I’ll hold on to these papers and you sleep on it.”

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

Going to give myself a pat on the back for calling Caltury on Monday. 

I’m gonna give myself a pat on the back for remembering that from that far back. It may have just been a preliminary interview, though. Derek Chang is also former OSU. Honesty, I think Carrington would do just as well. If Carrington can sell the Herman program, he’ll have no problem selling Urban, and the recruits already have a relationship with him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

quitters.  They talk about team and family and quit on one another the first chance they get.  

We’ve endured our fair share of really shitty teams, including that Charlie team with 6 OL o the roster.  This team is my least favorite.  Full of talent but they are soft and don’t play for the name on the jersey or their team.  From Sam’s sideline mannerisms, feels like he hates this team too.

• Hook 'Em 1

Serious question, is this a shitty move by Herman, it almost seems like he's holding Keontay hostage?

As much as I dislike the Mensafucker, seems like he’s just covering for his player. Saying he needs to take care of his injury, maybe trying to take some pressure off the kid from all of opt-out/transfer stuff
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, troph said:

when Texas' history was:

63 - Title

69 - Title

70 - Title

77 - Near title

84 - Near title

(am I missing any other first/splaying for first finishes?)

then 1985 - 2020 was a desert. 

The Mack Years seem good, but truthfully it was 2003 - 2009 that was really the exception

2005 - Title

2009 - Near title

So with all due respect to Mack, he was performing at the expected level for 6 years.  6 out of 35 years is an exception.

It was 83 not 84. You can add 72 - even though we were blanked by OU 27-0 had we won that game and won out (we did win out) it would have at the least been a split title. In '81 had we won out after Arkansas - instead of tying Houston - it may have been interesting, but Clempson went undefeated so there was likely no route to a title with 1 loss.

2008 was absolutely a near title. It came down to voters - not wins or losses - and the eventual champion was a team we would have had at worst a 50/50 shot against. 2001 was a near CCG appearance but we weren't beating that Miami team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

OK, I started thinking if Urb took the job I bet he is getting on a flight right after the show.  I then thought I wonder if there is a flight from the same airport Van Nuys to ATX as there was last weekend when we think CDC flew up after the Iowa St game. 

Wouldn't you know it.  A flight leaving in 2.5 hrs to ATX from Van Nuys.  I was like no fucking way.  

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/GJE3105/history/20201205/1730Z/KVNY/KAUS

Doesn’t he do halftime for the 2nd game?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just want a game with no injuries. Sam may be running for his life today. Oline was already shaky. Will always root for UT to win. Hook'em. Man all these opt outs. I know we don't have much to play for (season wise---save a bowl game) but that has to reflect on the team's feelings for Herman.

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

quitters.  They talk about team and family and quit on one another the first chance they get.  

We’ve endured our fair share of really shitty teams, including that Charlie team with 6 OL o the roster.  This team is my least favorite.  Full of talent but they are soft and don’t play for the name on the jersey or their team.  From Sam’s sideline mannerisms, feels like he hates this team too.

I can understand this sentiment. Agree on Sam. 

3 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

OK, I started thinking if Urb took the job I bet he is getting on a flight right after the show.  I then thought I wonder if there is a flight from the same airport Van Nuys to ATX as there was last weekend when we think CDC flew up after the Iowa St game. 

Wouldn't you know it.  A flight leaving in 2.5 hrs to ATX from Van Nuys.  I was like no fucking way.  

Doesn't Urban usually do the Fox show all day though?  Unless he suddenly goes missing once the 11 AM games start, not sure what significance this would have.

2 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

I’m gonna give myself a pat on the back for remembering that from that far back. It may have just been a preliminary interview, though. Derek Chang is also former OSU. Honesty, I think Carrington would do just as well. If Carrington can sell the Herman program, he’ll have no problem selling Urban, and the recruits already have a relationship with him. 

Carrington is not qualified for Pantoni/Chang's position.  They watch film and help scout/assess talent in addition to a lot of other things. That's way outside of Carrington's realm of expertise. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Urban's not going to say anything regardless. He's not going to speak on a head coaching opportunity while the head coach is still employed. Even if he hates Tom. 

Yep. Cant be said enough. But they will have to mention Tom being on the hot seat and wondering if Urban speaks at all about Texas as he has done all year or will he even be speaking at all. He isn't gonna talk about the job.

7 minutes ago, smash said:

Didn’t we win more games in the 00s than any other school? What was your expectation?

I don't want to speak for others, but personally I expected more than 2 conference titles and to not lose to OU 70% of the time during Mack's 16 years.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

If he opts out does he lose access to the medical staff and rehab?  If so, this could be Herman actually looking out for his player, which I would respect

6 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

image.thumb.png.7c12f687760a1362c0a4cd852f653b75.png

I'm stunned. I'm pissed. It's Tim Robbins.

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Doesn't Urban usually do the Fox show all day though?  Unless he suddenly goes missing once the 11 AM games start, not sure what significance this would have.

Carrington is not qualified for Pantoni/Chang's position.  They watch film and help scout/assess talent in addition to a lot of other things. That's way outside of Carrington's realm of expertise. 

Yeah, I don't know.  Does he?  He may do it all day or is he done at 9am PST? 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic