Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

This thread is full of all of the over-analysis I was hoping for.  All together I agree that was a positive segment.  Would have been incredibly easy for him to say something like "and that's why I'm glad I'm not coaching anymore" when talking about all of the unrealistic expectations.   

11 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Yep. If we were just bitching about conference titles and playoffs, ok fair criticism.

Tom is going to be fired because of failure to dominate schools like Baylor, tcu, and iowa state. If Herbie thinks his precious buckeyes would allow a coach to continually struggle with rutgers and illinois and not get fired...

Herbi is a national mouthpiece who bows jack shit about the state of our program. TXHSF coaches are a much, much better barometer and I bet you a dollar none of them has said dog shit to him. 

Seriously, for a tOSU guy to say what he is saying it Trump level fantasticalness. Whatever. 

12 minutes ago, futureman said:

did y’all hear him say the fanbase was fucking crazy?  he’s talking about everyone in this thread but me.  I don’t blame him for not wanting to deal with you dipshits.  and he won’t. 

His point is that what all the blue bloods and great programs have in common you imbecile.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

FWIW, and no one probably cares, I was able to figure out why i never heard about the Urban reversal from a No to potentially a Yes. I can't talk about why, but I am now back to my original positive optimism from two weeks ago that this is happening.  Of course, the Fox pre-game show is also a hugely positive sign.

Erection Morning Wood GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, futureman said:

did y’all hear him say the fanbase was fucking crazy?  he’s talking about everyone in this thread but me.  I don’t blame him for not wanting to deal with you dipshits.  and he won’t. 

3c11554f-4d84-44f3-9511-f32e5ebb9255_1.6

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

He also said you need to fist your ass today. So get to fisting. Your mother's waiting for you. Wearing her high heel shoes and low neck sweater. Get back to fisting, futureman. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

LOL he was talking not specifically about Texas but the fans at the blue blood schools. 

6 minutes ago, victory88 said:

He’s coming guys.  Enjoy this weekend.  Let these fucks get their shots in right now.  When Texas is on top, it’s hard to get any recruits out of the state.  

We talk about being the Jones’s.  Looks like Del Conte understands.  With our new facilities and about to lock up a generational coach, we’re about to fuck shit up...

D549805D-4F02-4FFD-9A00-95C213334FFB.gif

4 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Whatever this means.  

Elysian Fields . Classical Mythology. the abode of the blessed after death. any similarly conceived abode or state of the dead. any place or state of perfect happiness; paradise.

In other words, it's fucking happening. 

Edited by Happy Gilmore
At least I think he meant Elysian 😂😂
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, not sure what Herbie's angle was there.  Every large public university of note has a system board of some sort.  The University System of Ohio is no different.  Ours are actually nationally respected for staying outta shit like this unless it's to earmark trailer-fulls of cash for high profile hires.  

Herbie shitting on both Michigan and TEXAS this week... not good for ESPN.

With ACC & SEC Networks owned by ESPN, will this obvious biased bullshit reporting continue if URBAN comes to TEXAS??

(Of course Herbie will not attack tOSU though.)

15 minutes ago, futureman said:

What I heard Urban say is as a coach at a blue blood you have to accept the expectations and be able to handle them.

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Herbie shitting on both Michigan and TEXAS this week... not good for ESPN.

With ACC & SEC Networks owned by ESPN, will this obvious biased bullshit reporting continue if URBAN comes to TEXAS??

(Of course Herbie will not attack tOSU though.)

Bro, ESPN also owns the Longhorn Network. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

They are doing a weird job of avoiding the Texas-Meyer saga. It’s like going to a strip club with your Baptist mother in law and 3 of your frat bros. You don’t want to look at them tities, but your buds can’t help themselves from buying you lap dances..

Way more awkward to go there with your friends THEN see your Baptist mother in law there, dancing.

• Haha 1

Contextually speaking, it means "its over" or "to the resting place:

the abode of the blessed after death in classical mythology

I take it to mean along the lines of, "my job here is done"
Yeah, I take this as either really bad or really good.

Either it means their troll job is done, or it means he's coming.

Every time I try to convince myself they're trolling, I remember that I looked back and at least Larry has been pro Texas for years. If this is a troll, it's a long job and I respect the effort.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic