Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I wish just once these fucking imbeciles would clearly articulate what they think the problem is with coaches at Texas.

What - specifically - are you talking about? And no, saying that DKR retired at 54 and generically stating that coaches were "undermined" is not specific and is meaningless drivel - how were they undermined, how was any of it specific to Texas? Can you articulate how this is different than other schools who are on the same historic level as Texas? Is there any substance at all to your claims?

Also - the related argument is that, outside of Mack's tenure, Texas has been only OK for the last 40 years - and this somehow means that we should accept mediocrity. I mean, what kind of fucked-up logic is that? Isn't that why we're having the conversation of trying to get the right coach in the first place? 

If David McWilliams or John Mackovic or Charlie Strong had kicked ass at other schools after leaving Texas, these idiots may have a point. But exactly none of them did. Which - call me crazy - indicates to me that their problem at Texas was their same problem elsewhere - they just weren't all that fucking good. Thus, blaming their failures on the school is absurdly irrational. 

They echo this sentiment about institutional reasons for Texas's mediocrity (though nobody ever states what those reasons actually are), when the actual answer is fucking simple: we're mediocre when we have mediocre coaches. We're good when we have good coaches. This isn't complicated. 

I don't know if they're just dumb, or have some sort of agenda or what.

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they're just dipshits. 

they have an agenda.  hate.  and are too stupid to see their own hate.

like the commentary right now in the game about "the uncertainty, and the speculation bad for players".

pointless, going around in circles, generalities.  but negative.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Klatt bumbling through a comment from Gus about coaching change and number one target being a fox member. Completely avoided the question. 

His contributions after that statement were appropriate-- not complimentary, but somewhat factual.  I also agree with his sentiment of offering a decision swiftly, before more damage is done.

I don't know what's going on in the locker room or what's been said already, but the players are performing like they know their opportunity is NOW to show effort and to look better on film.  As if they might suspect someone new is studying them.

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Also apparently he told Herman to his face he fucked up if you believe his commentary. Klatt is really smart and one of the better commentators out there on the national 5-10 minute radio hits and twitter. 

Care to expound on this?  Would love to read details.  I like Klatt.

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Jesus this conference is so bad. It’s so infuriating we are 5-3 in this abortion of a conference. 

Yes it is. Hopefully Urban sees the opportunity that provides to be a damn near guarantee to be in the playoffs every year increasing his odds to pick up more national titles and cementing his legacy.

36 minutes ago, kegman said:

IMG_7354.jpg

57 minutes ago, texas08 said:

ee4ea92b7dcda5997f8c7ef2b66ee750.jpg

Fuck glocks!

Bringing the tomahawk back!

1 hour ago, ConferenceRoom said:

344dc026eb3f247bc01a087e227fa563.jpg

Gentlemen.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned about this thread it’s that if our country is ever invaded by a hostile  force...I’m going to round up some of you Surly-Rambo mofos. As a veteran of our great military, I tip my cap to you. Who knew the Surly faithful had such an arsenal? 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

If there’s one thing I’ve learned about this thread it’s that if our country is ever invaded by a hostile  force...I’m going to round up some of you Surly-Rambo mofos. As a veteran of our great military, I tip my cap to you. Who knew the Surly faithful had such an arsenal? 😂

It’s Texas! That’s probably 1/100th of the capability. 😂

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic