Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

How often do college programs go chasing so publicly after a coach? I don't remember seeing anything like that in my espn news app except Texas with Herman and Texas with Saban. 3 times in 7 years. There's probably something rotten in the culture that this keeps happening and something that should be fixed. Just my opinion in it

this one really hasn't been that public.  mainstream media is only just now picking it up.  going after UM though would be assumed by any team of Texas' stature given he's available.

Edited by troph

2 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

How often do college programs go chasing so publicly after a coach? I don't remember seeing anything like that in my espn news app except Texas with Herman and Texas with Saban. 3 times in 7 years. There's probably something rotten in the culture that this keeps happening and something that should be fixed. Just my opinion in it

Yea, except we are the problem. Us and the Chip Browns of the world.

3 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

lulz

You know that apps track your favorite teams, right? Whether you tell ESPN directly or just go to more Texas stories. I mean we just saw this with A&M. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Landomatic said:

I talked to a former ESPN producer who seems to think the FOX crew’s behavior today was pretty telling that Urban is happening 

the elephant in the zoo joke wasn't even that big of a deal I don't know that was anything to do with UM to Texas.  UM was just reserved, quiet and awkward.  he didn't join the banter, he stayed way out of it.  didn't smile, just sat their frozen until it was time to talk about Sam.  Then he went into recruiting mode.

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

You’re right, but this is a unique situation. If Urban gives them the nod today, tonight, or tomorrow, then I see Tom being immediately out. Tom is only on the sideline today because Urban didn’t give them an answer in enough time last week. Waiting another week when Urban is in the bag isn’t smart with the early signing period approaching fast. Send the Urb Signal to these ‘croots ASAP.
Or I’m just wrong.

As I type this, Bijan goes off. He’d be back up today if Keaontay was “available.”

You might be right and maybe I’m letting history influence my view too much. I don’t think though for Urban he has to decide by Sunday/Monday or else either since there is another game. 

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

You’re right, but this is a unique situation. If Urban gives them the nod today, tonight, or tomorrow, then I see Tom being immediately out. Tom is only on the sideline today because Urban didn’t give them an answer in enough time last week. Waiting another week when Urban is in the bag isn’t smart with the early signing period approaching fast. Send the Urb Signal to these ‘croots ASAP.
Or I’m just wrong.

As I type this, Bijan goes off. He’d be back up today if Keaontay was “available.”

I agree with you except that I think Texas prefers end of season firing and the hope is this is the last game.  I could be wrong and UM needed the whole week but my hunch is he's been a yes and done for a few days. and all parties agreed to wait until after this game.  could be wrong obvsly. 

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

lulz

You know that apps track your favorite teams, right? Whether you tell ESPN directly or just go to more Texas stories. I mean we just saw this with A&M. 

Texas isn't one of my favorite teams on there. I don't have any college sports at all just NFL, boxing, and european football. 

The news headlines shows whatever the big news of the day is deemed to be. I'll see stuff about women's college basketball if something big happens there or baseball or nba which I would never watch. 

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

wrong vince vaughn GIF

Tom Herman is the coach of the Texas football team. He will continue to be the coach of the Texas football team until Texas says differently.

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

You might be right and maybe I’m letting history influence my view too much. I don’t think though for Urban he has to decide by Sunday/Monday or else either since there is another game. 

History says Mackovic was fired after a win and only a year removed from winning back to back conference championships. A meaningless win today isn’t stopping any of this if Meyer has agreed to come. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

I talked to a former ESPN producer who seems to think the FOX crew’s behavior today was pretty telling that Urban is happening 

I think Urban acting like he's isolated in a soundproof enclosure is pretty telling that Urban is happening.

5 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Or I’m just wrong.

I agree with this

2 minutes ago, ousux said:

*cues up Fox Mulders poster that I can't be arsed to search for*

I'm not really a Belieber though, can't allow myself to even entertain the thought.

If Ossai and Sam come back, Texas has an outside shot at the playoffs with UM and some OL portal guys.

Tackle with your head, get ejected.  Easy.  Good thing he also injured Ojomo.

No, it’s dumb. Heads tend to lean forward when you’re going for a tackle, especially when you’re going low. The head will always lead. It’s physics. No one leads with their dick.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, troph said:

the elephant in the zoo joke wasn't even that big of a deal I don't know that was anything to do with UM to Texas.  UM was just reserved, quiet and awkward.  he didn't join the banter, he stayed way out of it.  didn't smile, just sat their frozen until it was time to talk about Sam.  Then he went into recruiting mode.

How could it not be? They were talking about an RB that's like 5.6. You don't use that analogy unless you intend to. What was even more funny were all the comments after about the camera being focused on Meyer and that they should just keep a camera trained on him

8 minutes ago, Highestwonderlic'r said:

Get over yourself, I went to the University and am a life long fan. Urban Meyer is a winner and those that decry morality are full of it.

Your team is currently losing to completely derail your dream season. Shouldn’t you be watching that instead of trying to be cute on a Longhorn board?

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic