Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

This is a good job interview for Herman. Tennessee may be interested. 
I know we like to pick on every little thing Herman does or doesnt do...but we need to brace ourselves, he wont have an issue landing another P5 job. Think about the available candidates below Urbs..both realistic and not very realistic. He will land another P5 job and might have a bit of success with lessons learned here..maybe
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, UTexas07 said:

Klatt mentioned multiple times that the decision regarding Herman needs to be made soon.  Cover for CDC firing him in the next 24-48 hours after a win like this?

Yep. That's what I was saying a while back. He's greasing the skids to get TH out the door ... talking about all the frustrating close losses that "they should have won", lack of discipline that's holding back immense talent, dumb mistakes, etc, and the negative effect waiting would have on recruiting, the current player, and the program in general..

Edited by wood

Just now, ousux said:

I know we like to pick on every little thing Herman does or doesnt do...but we need to brace ourselves, he wont have an issue landing another P5 job. Think about the available candidates below Urbs..both realistic and not very realistic. He will land another P5 job and might have a bit of success with lessons learned here..maybeemoji23.png

Agreed. He’ll be well liked for some school whose expectations are 7-5 with an upset or two every year. He can do that. Once the pressure gets ratcheted up, he can’t handle it.

4 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

He just has to say that today's performance shows that we should have been in the CCG and it is that inconsistency that is responsible for the change.

actually he just has to repeat what he has said before.  we expect to be top 10 and win championships.  we did 1 of those once.

I am still in the Urban or bust camp.  That to me means that unless Urban comes, I'm not changing coaches.  Simply as I think the upside is more incremental with another reset, slew of transfers, etc.  Do I hate the lack of discipline? Dumb ass penalties that hurt your team? Hell yes.  But when you see Bijan "little ricky" Robinson, and some of the other top 10 recruiting classes aging and creating depth, I tend to stick with what has almost worked, rather than start from scratch. 

I hate being close.  It sucks as both a player and a coach.  But I will say this, even with captains bailing the kids played hard for Herman.  To me that counts for something along with continuity.  Like I told my wife a couple minutes ago, "Urban Meyer can step into any living room and tell a kid and his family that we are going to compete for national championships, and has the resume to back it up.  No other hire can do that, IMHO.  And $16 million for incremental coaching improvement at the cost of program instability?  (i know, the internet shows us the program is already unstable, ask any anonymous poster). Either Urban Meyer or announce Herman another year and let's get back to work.  Flame away... 

1 minute ago, ChemicalHorn said:

Agreed. He’ll be well liked for some school whose expectations are 7-5 with an upset or two every year. He can do that. Once the pressure gets ratcheted up, he can’t handle it.

He'd probably be a good get for Tennessee.

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Think she lives in Siesta Key. Shelley was going to visit her. Maybe the Meyers have known all week and Shelley's "trip" was to swing by and pick her up on their way to Austin.

Is that her mom in the vid? If not, my bad for posting. If so, this might have legs.

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lol at a coach getting fired after a win like this. Will never happen. Maybe after KU next weekend it’ll be official, still doubt it though.

Lol at thinking this game matters at all as to the timing of Herman’s shitcanning

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Guys, we probably aren't going to know anything until after Kansas, whether that's after the actual game is played or after it's announced the game is canceled 

Yep. We aren't firing Tom today or tomorrow. Game is still scheduled and he dropped 70. This doesn't mean he won't be fired after Kansas however. 

Just now, elguapo said:

Lol at thinking this game matters at all as to the timing of Herman’s shitcanning

you don't fire a guy or keep a guy based on one game. Herman's body of work is average for Texas.  If you have Urban ready to go you fire him tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just now, UTEX_ME said:

Yep. We aren't firing Tom today or tomorrow. Game is still scheduled and he dropped 70. This doesn't mean he won't be fired after Kansas however. 

What's the purpose of waiting?  Who gives a shit if he lost this game, won by one point or a million. He's done.

4 minutes ago, horn4life said:

I am still in the Urban or bust camp.  That to me means that unless Urban comes, I'm not changing coaches.  Simply as I think the upside is more incremental with another reset, slew of transfers, etc.  Do I hate the lack of discipline? Dumb ass penalties that hurt your team? Hell yes.  But when you see Bijan "little ricky" Robinson, and some of the other top 10 recruiting classes aging and creating depth, I tend to stick with what has almost worked, rather than start from scratch. 

I hate being close.  It sucks as both a player and a coach.  But I will say this, even with captains bailing the kids played hard for Herman.  To me that counts for something along with continuity.  Like I told my wife a couple minutes ago, "Urban Meyer can step into any living room and tell a kid and his family that we are going to compete for national championships, and has the resume to back it up.  No other hire can do that, IMHO.  And $16 million for incremental coaching improvement at the cost of program instability?  (i know, the internet shows us the program is already unstable, ask any anonymous poster). Either Urban Meyer or announce Herman another year and let's get back to work.  Flame away... 

The fact your wife has any interest, let alone understanding in this subject makes you a lucky, lucky man

Just now, Dark Horse said:

What's the purpose of waiting?  Who gives a shit if he lost this game, won by one point or a million. He's done.

Probably Urban's timeline (if we have him). If he wants to finish his deal with Fox (Dec. 19?) + Ohio State assistants still have a season to finish, I could see CDC letting Tom stay until his 'end of the year' discussion/firing. Let the assistants run the show as they appear to be doing today. 

3 minutes ago, elguapo said:

It does matter. He would have gotten fired today or tomorrow had he lost. Now it'll be after Kansas. 

The guys who are confident it's happening have been adamant about this weekend. This game is meaningless. Herman had to make the ccg and didn't. It could justifiably be today based on that.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

you don't fire a guy or keep a guy based on one game. Herman's body of work is average for Texas.  If you have Urban ready to go you fire him tomorrow.

Exactly this. If it’s done with Meyer they already have the timing of how it’s gonna be done

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lol at a coach getting fired after a win like this. Will never happen. Maybe after KU next weekend it’ll be official, still doubt it though.

What if he's already been fired and this is the result when he lets his assistants do what they're supposed to do?

SkeletalDelightfulArthropods-size_restri

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

43 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Stan Drayton is having a good interview today.

Why do people keep saying this? Keaontay Ingram's regression over three years of Drayton's coaching is much more relevant than Bijan showing why he was the nations' No. 1 running back prospect coming out of high school.

3 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Its the whole "Texas doesn't fire coaches until after the end of season" history.   this season is different.  KU is rescheduled and it means shitall to CCG.  you fire him tomorrow or you don't fire him.  The new signing period date requires it so you don't handcuff the new coach, ESPECIALLY if it is Urban.

Edited by dcar00
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic