Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

20 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

No, it’s dumb. Heads tend to lean forward when you’re going for a tackle, especially when you’re going low. The head will always lead. It’s physics. No one leads with their dick.

Speak for yourself. Been leading with my dick for years. 

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Sure. Any time any player goes low for a tackle at the waist and down, that’s how their head is going to be. Are they supposed to look up at the sky? But even in this case, had the QB not ducked him, impact would have been sooner, his head wouldn’t have been as far down, and most likely a shoulder impact based on the angle. But because the QB slid, the target was missed, impact delayed, and the helmets advanced closer before contact. It’s a tough position for tacklers going low, especially coming at any type of angle.

When the head goes down not only will you likely not make the tackle you can really fuck your shit up.  He didn't even try to wrap either. It was really bad. 

45 minutes ago, ballrific said:

How much do we trust Trey Elling?  I thought CDC traveled to all away games. Brian Jones seemed like he had an idea on their show but I could have been overly optimistic

None of those radio guys have a clue. They don’t even try to know 

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Sure. Any time any player goes low for a tackle at the waist and down, that’s how their head is going to be. Are they supposed to look up at the sky? But even in this case, had the QB not ducked him, impact would have been sooner, his head wouldn’t have been as far down, and most likely a shoulder impact based on the angle. But because the QB slid, the target was missed, impact delayed, and the helmets advanced closer before contact. It’s a tough position for tacklers going low, especially coming at any type of angle.

QB slid, scro. Touch him if you must but nothing more. Mitchell was stupid. Again.

44 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

You can also tell her one of them is a gun my dad took off a recently deceased German in 1945 near Remagen. So no take-backs!

Remagen/Ludendorff: somewhere someone has color film of AR234 & ME262 attacks on the bridge.  First ever jet airstrike.

is it just me or has fox chosen to not show either coach on the sideline during this game?

6 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Correct, but note there may be some old horns out there (early 70's) who remember a time when we did call it, "The University" of Texas. It was more of a slam on aggy (THE university of the State of Texas is the University of Texas) and had nothing to do with tOSU. 

Yep.  You could buy auto decals that simply said, "The University."

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, South Austin said:

I mean, if we’re rationalizing for reasons Meyer will say yes, this performance is better than some shitty 23-17 win or a loss. He’s got to see that the cupboard is stocked.

I was thinking the same thing. The talent is there -- we've had a great run recruiting-wise. He's got to be salivating while watching this performance.

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

Agree with Buck here - he was clearly leading with his shoulder on replay. But still a dangerous tackle, not proper form for legal tackles, and the QB was sliding. Need better coaching and practice here.

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

How Urban can't be fired up watching the talent and lack of development and misuse of players I have no idea.

Agree. The cupboard is never bare here. 

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

It was brought up yesterday too. Relax 

Feldman's been talking about him since Sunday, it's not an unlimited pool so we're just cycling through talking about the same people with a little Jeff Fisher sprinkled in for flavor

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I really don't like these "2nd choice" names popping up. Today James Franklin has been the name and I'm just nauseous at the thought

Yeah, I'm all geared up for Urban ...

Kate-Beckinsale-tits-Gif.gif

If we wind up with Franklin ...

tenor.gif?itemid=11291391

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

QB slid, scro. Touch him if you must but nothing more. Mitchell was stupid. Again.

I’m not saying it’s not a penalty by the book, btw, I’m just saying it shouldn’t be. If review shows the tackler already committing for the tackle as the QB goes to slide, or simultaneously as in this case, it should be overturned. I’ve felt the same way on a couple of opponent targeting calls this year. I just hate the call. It’s a tough position for the defender, and many tackles are made each game with the defender in the same position, difference being the runner isn’t ducking out.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

I’m not saying it’s not a penalty by the book, btw, I’m just saying it shouldn’t be. If review shows the tackler already committing for the tackle as the QB goes to slide, or simultaneously as in this case, it should be overturned. I’ve felt the same way on a couple of opponent targeting calls this year. I just hate the call. It’s a tough position for the defender, and many tackles are made each game with the defender in the same position, difference being the runner isn’t ducking out.

I hate that there's an ejection for targeting and then one-half suspension the next week. Dumb rule IMO. Let officials boot repeat offenders or particularly flagrant fouls but bang-bang plays like this should get flagged and then play on.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

I think Urban acting like he's isolated in a soundproof enclosure is pretty telling that Urban is happening.

27 minutes ago, troph said:

the elephant in the zoo joke wasn't even that big of a deal I don't know that was anything to do with UM to Texas.  UM was just reserved, quiet and awkward.  he didn't join the banter, he stayed way out of it.  didn't smile, just sat their frozen until it was time to talk about Sam.  Then he went into recruiting mode.

More to do with the production than anything specifically said by anyone on air.  During the actual segment about the topic, they didn’t even mention Herman (or Harbaugh).  Just put up a graphic for both teams.  And Urban pretty much sat it out entirely.  That was determined prior to going live and it was very telling.

IOW they made a very premeditated, calculated effort to cover it while not really addressing it.  Common move in sports broadcasting for these types of situations...according to my “source” anyway 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Fred was undermined.  People who wanted Mike Campbell to succeed Darrell got their panties in a wad and called recruits telling them not to come to Texas, that Fred was a drunk (nothing could have been further from the truth), wouldn't develop them, was abusive, etc.  Anthony Carter was all set to commit to Fred but some BMD called him up and told him he was an asst. coach and how did he feel about playing defense?  Joey Browner was going to come here but same sort of shit there.  Akers still recruited well and would've continued to win big but that's when the rest of the conference went completely rogue.  But Tim Brando is a UT-hating cunt of Old Testament proportion, and if syphilis ever makes a comeback, I hope the motherfucker gets it. 

Good post.  Always felt Akers just wasn't welcomed in Austin and having a tough act to follow didn't help matters for him. 

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'm at 100% now.  Welcome to the 40 Urban, let's go fuck some shit up.  First up? Oklahoma and Lincoln Riley.  Second up?  Bama and Saban.  Bonus points for making it happen in Pasadena.  let's do this.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic