Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

9 minutes ago, 1978horn said:

Herman just said to Craig on the radio post game that he will be back in Kansas in 6 days.

This regime’s “killing myself recruiting in Florida” moment. At least Mack tried to hide in a state with beaches and good weather.  Mensa will try to hide in WGAF kansas. Not too bright after all. 

Edited by Shaggy3.0

2 minutes ago, ousux said:
16 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:
Wether Urbans coaching or not next year, I don't think he's doing this fox show next year. He looks bored as hell as others have pointed out.

Not bored, just mind elsewhere

He looked pretty fired up during that coaching 101 segment.

Just now, totallynotabuttpirate said:

How the fuck does Texas get 3.2 mil in TV revenue from the Kansas game? That has to be for the conference and split with UT. 

And fuck the conference that takes every opportunity to shit on us. No need to play that game. We have a fisting to attend.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

If I did the math right, ISU and OU each just clinched their Big 12 championship game berth. Texas is out. Time for CDC to get Herman out now

You didn’t. OU has 2 losses and could lose 2 more. When they beat Baylor it will all be shut down. 

4 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

How the fuck does Texas get 3.2 mil in TV revenue from the Kansas game? That has to be for the conference and split with UT. 

Probably more like Fox is looking at $3.5M in ad revenue (after operating expenses) when they air the game.

1 minute ago, UTEX_ME said:

LHN just promoted that Tom will be at the Monday morning conference and make his weekly appearance on Rewind with Tom Herman. 

The fuck are they supposed to say? "We're not sure if coach will be fired or not so if that happens it's TBD with programming" 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, UTEX_ME said:

Imagine some bullshit nuance in the LHN contract saying coach must make his Rewind with Herman appearance is what keeps him here an extra week. 

What would be better is Meyer getting hired for one day as an associate athletic director and given the job to fire Herman as soon as he is done with those appearances next week.  Then Meyer gets hired as head coach when his one day assoc ath director day is over.

• Like 1

Herman can talk all the X's and O's he wants. If we have Urban the timing of how it goes down doesn't worry me. Year four of Herman's regime and no Big 12 Championship. Only one loss. Not even sniffing it the other years. Iowa State is rolling. Oklahoma will roll. Sucks for the players that due to Tom's inability to be a good (not even great) HC of 4 and 5 star players as well as the 3 stars that we aren't in this YET AGAIN. Urban said as much when speaking of Sam (meaning even though he didn't have a Big 12 Championship to play for which was a shame and had players opt out he came out there like a warrior).

3 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Imagine some bullshit nuance in the LHN contract saying coach must make his Rewind with Herman appearance is what keeps him here an extra week. 

Some of y'all are sweating some really pointless, stupid shit. Nothing like that is going to effect the timeline of Herman's departure.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

If he is not coming here,  he would have shut down that talk by now. 

He could have had to teed up for him by Brady or Matt:

Coach,  what do you say about the Texas rumors?

You know Matt,  I have a lot of respect for Tom and what he is trying to do at Texas but I'm very happy here with you guys and besides my wife is having me remodel the kitchen and I promised her I would do that next year.  

If he already said no why would he care about rumors and whatnot?  If he’s not coming I can’t imagine why he would care who’s talking about it or feel the need to shut it down unless he was currently coaching some other team. He’s an announcer and his employer is probably loving the speculation. It’s bringing ratings. 

(But he’s coming.)

Urban never referred to Tom at all. Vague about blueblood programs. Kept mentioning Sam and warrior mentality. Reading in between the lines, he doesn't care for opting out. Thought it was a shame to miss big 12.

translation: Herman failed. He failed Sam. He failed the players. He failed.

7 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Christ, Kerstetter is looking at 12-18 months of rehab. Even pre-injury his chance at the league was late round/UDFA.

Dislocated knees and ankles are worse than broken bones.  So many tendons, ligaments and muscles get wrecked when a joint is dislocated.

Edited by kevwun

8 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

If he is not coming here,  he would have shut down that talk by now. 

He could have had to teed up for him by Brady or Matt:

Coach,  what do you say about the Texas rumors?

You know Matt,  I have a lot of respect for Tom and what he is trying to do at Texas but I'm very happy here with you guys and besides my wife is having me remodel the kitchen and I promised her I would do that next year.  

Exactly.

9 minutes ago, Teryor said:

The fuck are they supposed to say? "We're not sure if coach will be fired or not so if that happens it's TBD with programming" 

Seriously. It's amazing how many people have absolutely zero comprehension of how this works or how contracts work.

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

I said it before but it obviously needs repeating.

There was an entire segment about "support rolls" and being a competitor.

Sam is a competitor.

Herman has worthless support roll people.

And Texas has a lot of fucking quitters. (This wasn't said but didn't have to be).

You and I are on the same page I think. I was just paraphrasing what I think Urban was saying without saying the words "Herman is a shitty coach. He failed."

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic