Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Well, if there is indeed an understanding in place between Texas and Urban as many seem to believe, it took a lot of time, effort, promises and guarantees to get there. The outcome of today’s game would not affect that IMO. Not if you want to maintain any credibility with regard to anything you do going forward. If it doesn’t happen due to a change of heart or similar circumstances, that would indicate to me that we weren’t as far along as some thought we might be. Here’s to hoping we are past the point of no return and this gets done sooner (ousucks) than later and we all have a very nice Christmas this year and going forward.

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Urban never referred to Tom at all. Vague about blueblood programs. Kept mentioning Sam and warrior mentality. Reading in between the lines, he doesn't care for opting out. Thought it was a shame to miss big 12.

translation: Herman failed. He failed Sam. He failed the players. He failed.

Well, yeah. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I said it before but it obviously needs repeating.

There was an entire segment about "support rolls" and being a competitor.

Sam is a competitor.

Herman has worthless support roll people.

And Texas has a lot of fucking quitters. (This wasn't said but didn't have to be).

*role

But yeah. And looking back on it, most of that show was basically dedicated to Meyer talking points about Texas, without any denial of interest.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Herman can talk all the X's and O's he wants. If we have Urban the timing of how it goes down doesn't worry me. Year four of Herman's regime and no Big 12 Championship. Only one loss. Not even sniffing it the other years. Iowa State is rolling. Oklahoma will roll. Sucks for the players that due to Tom's inability to be a good (not even great) HC of 4 and 5 star players as well as the 3 stars that we aren't in this YET AGAIN. Urban said as much when speaking of Sam (meaning even though he didn't have a Big 12 Championship to play for which was a shame and had players opt out he came out there like a warrior

18 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

If he is not coming here,  he would have shut down that talk by now. 

He could have had to teed up for him by Brady or Matt:

Coach,  what do you say about the Texas rumors?

You know Matt,  I have a lot of respect for Tom and what he is trying to do at Texas but I'm very happy here with you guys and besides my wife is having me remodel the kitchen and I promised her I would do that next year.  

Or just “I’m having fun with you guys.  I don’t want to coach next year”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I said that Aggy is not getting into the CFP. And they won’t.

But them being so close while we shit the bed with a fuckhead for a coach definitely helps us move on.

Funny. That’s what i said - they probably won’t make it (though they can) - but the fact they are this close is a major problem and we cannot fuck this hire up. 

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

How do you like your ATT Uverse service? Is it fast?

I had it for a long, since it pretty much was new. My wife was having trouble with international zoom calls, her companies servers being in Germany may have had something to do with it. Never had a problem with tv, I was fine with it. Switched to xfinity and my internet speeds are way faster but I hate their damn voice remote.

Everyone has a source.  They are like assholes.  Not saying mine are infallible.  They are in a position to know.  I am not saying they do.  We have been laughing about Kendra Scott, the airplane incident, drunk episodes etc for months.  A lot of what they have told me has panned out.

From what they are saying, I think this board is in for a huge letdown.  I pray to sweet baby Jesus that they are wrong.  Fuck Tom Herman.

Edited by CTC2

1 minute ago, CTC2 said:

Everyone has a source.  They are like assholes.  Not saying mine are infallible.  They are in a position to know.  I am not saying they do.  We have been laughing about Kendra Scott, the airplane incident, drunk episodes etc for months.  A lot of what they have told me as panned out.

From what they are saying, I think this board is in for a huge letdown.  I pray to sweet baby Jesus that they are wrong.  Fuck Tom Herman.

I get that but man I wanna have hope and dreams that can come true. I am ready for the letdown but until then.....

19 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

How do you like your ATT Uverse service? Is it fast?

In Dallas it is called:

ATT TV & ATT Fiber (300mbps)

my mother has this set up, it’s fast, but she currently can’t get the ABC affiliate Channel 8 due to a dispute between the affiliate and ATT.

Edited by Napoleon

8 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

Everyone has a source.  They are like assholes.  Not saying mine are infallible.  They are in a position to know.  I am not saying they do.  We have been laughing about Kendra Scott, the airplane incident, drunk episodes etc for months.  A lot of what they have told me has panned out.

Are your sources Texas boosters/BMDs?   Because if they are, and they are right, then THEY are the ones in for a huge letdown.  Because any solution other than firing Tom Herman today and hiring Urban Meyer tomorrow, means another decade of shitty Texas football.  Any solution other than Urban Meyer is just a further waste of THEIR money. They should think about that very long and hard before making the wrong decision, or allowing others to make the incorrect decision with their money on the table.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Can someone email me at bigpeepee@aol.com when the deal is announced.

Reminds me of a joke I used to tell the ladies that I made up as a bartender years ago, and still like to tell today. It's especially good for drunken groups of bridesmaids. "What's the difference between a penis and a cock?" Usually there are some silly guesses... I then make a fist with my hand and slam my forearm on the table shaking the hell out of all the drinks saying,"That's a cock!"  And if you haven't seen one recently...

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Are your sources Texas boosters/BMDs?   Because if they are, and they are right, then THEY are the ones in for a huge letdown.  Because any solution other than firing Tom Herman today and hiring Urban Meyer tomorrow, means another decade of shitty Texas football.  Any solution other than Urban Meyer is just a further waste of THEIR money. They should think about that very long and hard before making the wrong decision.

Yes.  I agree with you.  What I am hearing has more to do with what UM saw when he "looked under our hood".  I am also thinking that we don't have the BMD's that we all think we do.  I want them to be wrong.

Edited by CTC2

If this school truly thinks keeping Herman is the right play, then they are fucking idiots. I hope Matt Campbell stays at ISU so when they and OU wind up in the Big 12 again next year, the school can explain to us why. They can explain away why Kstate and Tech will be pushing our shit in because we are starting a new QB. If we keep Herman, I have no reason to watch. I will always root for our players and the program. But we have seen Herman's ceiling and it is not going to get us there. We should be undefeated and ranked in the top 5 and playing for not only the Big12 but the CFP. Sam should be at least at the Heisman ceremony. For fucks sake. Keeping Herman is an epic mistake. And if there are people trying to keep that fraud here and trying to keep Urban out---fuck em. Hook'em. Like many of you I wont be watching as we continue to slide into the river of shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

In Dallas it is called:

ATT TV & ATT Fiber

my mother has this set up, it’s fast, but she currently can’t get the aBC affiliate Channel 8 due to a dispute between the affiliate and ATT.

ATT makes it sound like it’s all the “local affiliate” fault.  
“the owner of this channel has removed it from u-verse.  We asked them to keep it on air, we share your frustration and want to bring it back”

poor ATT

1 minute ago, CTC2 said:

Yes.  I agree with you.  What I am hearing has more to do with what UM saw when he "looked under our hood".  I am also thinking that we don't have the BMD's that we all think we do.  I want them to be wrong.

Yeah I hear ya.  I've been a Texas fan through the shit 80s and 90s, and for the last decade.  I'm accustomed to huge letdowns.  Honestly it just makes it easier and easier for me to pull away from the program and do better things with my time.

The boosters that are wasting the money for shitty coaches, and then shitty coach buyouts, have a lot more skin in the game than I do.  I'd think they'd work a little harder to ensure their investments are properly utilized.  It's pretty obvious at this point, what exactly WON'T work at Texas.  And anyone other than Urban is simply more of the same.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic