Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

24 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Didn't Jorge's use Everclear back in the day ???  😋

Yes! Well, at least that's what I was told at the time, though it may have been Urban Legend (aw shit, prolly shouldn't use the term on this thread). Pretty sure they had a maximum limit of 2 per person. I can vouch for how potent they were. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Panama Red said:

El Rancho in Bertram is a very good mex joint. If you want a religious experience, go for breakfast and order the migas plate with a scoop of barbacoa on top and a side of bacon. They have a hot green salsa that you can pour all over it. You’re welcome!

How did you end up eating in Bertram, TX??  😁

The owner of “EliteCollegeFootball” is doing an Instagram Live sit down with  Chris Fowler. The owner of that account also happens to be a Longhorn. Chris was shitting on how the Big10 is operating in the Covid State. The topic shifted to Texas for about 5 secs. Chris was like “I’ve been hearing rumblings, I’d keep my phone handy this weekend”. I’m not sure if he’s was talking about Herman getting canned or if he was alluding to the Meyer rumors.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, PsychMike said:

Yes! Well, at least that's what I was told at the time, though it may have been Urban Legend (aw shit, prolly shouldn't use the term on this thread). Pretty sure they had a maximum limit of 2 per person. I can vouch for how potent they were. 

Mi Cocina supposedly had a limit of 2 Mambo Taxis, think I had 4 one time, don’t remember 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Highly disagree. Pappasitos shits on any other chain tex-mex joint. That includes Trudy's and Chuy's 

Chuys is great. Pappasitos fajitas with the dipping lard are amazing. Anyone hating on either of those places just sort of sucks at life. 
can you find better here or there? 
sure. But I’ve never not enjoyed a meal at either of those places or been with anyone that had a bad time/meal there. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

The only time I came in my pants at a club was when a UT soccer player dry humped me hard with her ass.

Serious question- you mean that literally?  Like- you were old enough to go to a club and busted a nut in your pants by dry hump action?  
That’s amazing if true. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Chuys is great. Pappasitos fajitas with the dipping lard are amazing. Anyone hating on either of those places just sort of sucks at life. 
sure. But I’ve never not enjoyed a meal at either of those places or been with anyone that had a bad time/meal there. 

If you have never had fajitas at Guadalajara del Centro in downtown Houston you are missing out.  They also make some queso Blanco that is just this side of heaven.

spacer.png

Edited by TexasRenegade

1 hour ago, Daichee Bell said:

I don’t know what your job is, but you may end up with some offers for a different line of work after this is all said and done.

Transactional attorney like a majority of the surly degenerates. You offering a job that's half as interesting as sleuthing and tracking flights? Not saying I'm looking around but there's a reason I'm elbows deep in FlightAware logs instead of the work piling up all week. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

https://medium.com/platform-sports-media/rumor-influential-michigan-football-boosters-finalizing-plan-to-pursue-urban-meyer-d9b4e1b3284a

Numerous people with ties to Michigan Football, including a very influential booster, are rumored to be finalizing a plan to pursue Urban Meyer with hopes he’ll become the program’s next head coach in Ann Arbor.

According to a source that will remain nameless, the booster and other financial donors are preparing an offer that would make Meyer college football’s highest-paid coach. The offer is expected to be in the ballpark of roughly $12 million per season, which is higher than current contracts owned by both Harbaugh ($8M) and Alabama head coach Nick Saban ($9M).

The source maintains that the influential donor is a member of a very prominent social/athletic organization in Detroit, and shared the news early Tuesday afternoon. In fear of facing serious repercussions, the source wishes to remain nameless, as well as keeping the anonymity of the booster and location the information was shared.

In full, the proposal is expected to approach $120 Million for the duration of a term extending 10 years. At the moment, it’s unclear when the proposal will be pitched to Meyer, as current Wolverines head coach Harbaugh still remains under contract with the university through the end of the 2021 season.

However, Harbaugh’s window of opportunity to build Michigan Football into a powerhouse program may be closing. Throughout his six seasons on campus since being hired in December 2014, the polarizing Wolverines coach has failed to deliver a winner to a fanbase starving to rival the prestige of other programs competing for a spot in the annual College Football Playoff, and travel to Indianapolis to compete for a Big Ten Championship at Lucas Oil Stadium.

Meyer, the former Ohio State Buckeyes head coach, is a three-time National Championship winner and currently serves as a college football analyst for FOX Sports and the Big Ten Network. Currently, he ranks fourth all-time in winning percentage for a college head coach and owns a .853 career mark that trails only Knute Rockne, Frank Leahy, and Doyt Perry.

The Final Take

For over twenty years since laying claim to the 1997 National Championship, Wolverines Football fans in Ann Arbor continue to be disillusioned with the idea their university should be mentioned in the same breath as the Alabama’s, Clemson’s, and Ohio State’s of today’s college football landscape.

Since acquiring Harbaugh in 2014, and the eventual release of the details pertaining to his contract that includes escalators for National Championship victories, CFP semifinal appearances, and conference title bonuses, the Maize and Blue faithful have grown impatient year after year while waiting for the coach to propel their team to new heights. Instead, that contract and his tenure as a whole are becoming a topic of controversy due to underperformance in bowl games, conference play, and against rivals.

Meyer would be an uncontested upgrade over Harbaugh, as the latter failed to defeat the former during their four matchups dating back to the fall of 2014. He’s the only coach in college football besides Lane Kiffin that would have the audacity to make the leap from legend in Columbus, Ohio to cult-icon in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

The move would be unconventional, as the two universities are heated rivals. However, Meyer’s history would suggest that nothing is out of the question. The contract is massive, and may just be enough to lure Meyer back to the sideline, or at the very least establish a starting point for serious negotiations.

El Rancho in Bertram is a very good mex joint. If you want a religious experience, go for breakfast and order the migas plate with a scoop of barbacoa on top and a side of bacon. They have a hot green salsa that you can pour all over it. You’re welcome!
Is that the one on 29 with the biker bar next door?

15 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I've sucked at life twice, both times I was at Chuys

Yes, on 29. Not sure about the biker bar tho, I haven’t noticed
I checked on Google, it's the one. The place on the left has bikes there all the time... Or it used to. I haven't been in a couple years. But I've eaten at El Rancho several times. It's excellent.

13 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

If you have never had fajitas at Guadalajara del Centro in downtown Houston you are missing out.  They also make some queso Blanco that is just this side of heaven.

spacer.png

Will check that out maybe. I love eating Tex Mex. gringos is another chain that I think is really good. 
me stanning for those 3 chains specifically isn’t saying that nowhere else could conceivably be better- just that they are all great. Thanks for the recommendation. Will check it out. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

17 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Facts. I've literally never had a bad meal at either one of those places ans gladly go when I get a chance. Are there a few places better? Yes. Is it pretty damn good? Yep. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic