Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Mikey4 said:
3 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:
Jesus people, he's giving the full timeline of events.  The planes are the flights taking off and arriving.  Have none of you ever interpreted emoticons from a squid before?

But Wtf is the rose Bowl then? That certainly hasn't come up.

Patterson has won a Rose Bowl.

4 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

For those working on the Squiddle - look at the totally bizarre list of people he tags. (the girls one is nsfw BTW)

He's been tagging the Bevo, Legacy and Pauly Shore. Pauly Shore is a reference to Son In Law. Might be saying Rappaport is gonna break the news? Doubt it but other than that not sure why he'd tag him. The NSFW one threw me for a fucking loop. 

He's been tagging the Bevo, Legacy and Pauly Shore. Pauly Shore is a reference to Son In Law. Might be saying Rappaport is gonna break the news? Doubt it but other than that not sure why he'd tag him. The NSFW one threw me for a fucking loop. 
What is the significance of son in law? I feel I should know this.

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Ok luck was drunk speak but at the same time is he a proven upgrade that we need to spend money buying out Herman and an entire staff for? No one wants Herman gone more than me but Franklin doesn’t move the needle in the a absolute slightest especially compared to the other cristobals/campbells/fickells of the world. He’s just not it

I have zero way of knowing how good Fickell would handle being the captain of a ship as big as Texas, but he spent a lot of time at Ohio state as a player and coach. He seems to be mature and consistent so if we wind up with him somehow then our brand of football could improve tremendously. I’ve said it for a while now that just playing fundamental football at Texas probably gets you into the big 12 a lot. Urban is our ticket to the promise land but I’ll take 10-12 wins for the next 5 years and be happy as fuck. 

Just now, Mikey4 said:
2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

UM’s son in law is the QB coach at OSU

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rpspeed said:

pasadena, ca

Which is near which major city?

Spoiler

Tom Herman is currently employed as the head coach of the Texas Longhorns, but that hasn’t stopped the UT brass from meeting with his potential replacement, according to a new report.According to John Brice of FootballScoop, both University of Texas president Jay Hartzell and athletics director Chris Del Conte flew to meet with Urban Meyer. According to Brice, Meyer spent time in Los Angeles and Napa Valley this week after his weekend work as a FOX college football analyst.

4 minutes ago, senorfussybutt said:

Curios on why Campbell wouldn't be an option but Mullen would?

Guessing because Mullen has done it at two P5 programs including a top program in Florida.

Seen more than a few people talk about the differences in responsibility outside of football at bigger 'corporate' programs like Texas & Florida compared mom & pop shops like Iowa St.

3 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Corey Dennis

Just now, Mikey4 said:
2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Urban would bring along his son in law Corey Dennis to be QB coach if he accepted the job. Which I think thats what he's ultimately getting. 

10 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Jesus people, he's giving the full timeline of events.  The planes are the flights taking off and arriving.  Have none of you ever interpreted emoticons from a squid before?

Fucking morons. All of them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

And who is Legacy musicman? I have seen him tag before. I don't get it.

Think that's just a reference to Austin being known as the live music capitol of the world. The Meyers are going to be partying it up on 6th street 

Edited by Happy Gilmore
English is really really hard

8 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

I love surly.  I would never even know that a squid was posting hieroglyphics if not for you crazy idiots.  Now I am trying to learn the art.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Dodd must be making shit up. If Phil Knight is involved on our behalf there is no way we are going after Cristobal if  Meyer doesn't come.

On Franklin - He fits the profile CDC laid out.  

I don't want anyone other than Urban or potentially Mullen but how is Franklin less desirable from Cristobal, Campbell, and Fickell.   Fickell is G5, Cristobal has like 1 great  year in P5 and just lost to Oregon State, Campbell - we are going to buyout Herman for the ISU coach?

TLDR - CDC better get Meyer or Mullen because I don't see any other real option. 

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic