Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

One of the 'kid friendly' breweries opened near us. Turns out an acquaintance is an investor. He invited us to hospitality on his tab and wasn't happy when we told him date night does not include patronizing places with kids running wild everywhere while their parents are drinking.

But I can buy an extra 6 beers for what I would pay a sitter. I can also buy 4 more beers for the cost of an Uber. That’s an extra 10 beers and I get to spend extra time with the kids on the drive home. It’s a win-win, amirite?
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

One of the 'kid friendly' breweries opened near us. Turns out an acquaintance is an investor. He invited us to hospitality on his tab and wasn't happy when we told him date night does not include patronizing places with kids running wild everywhere while their parents are drinking.

That just doesn’t sound like a win.  I guess they are willing to stake the capital to see whether it is worth it or not.

I’d just as well hang out with neighbors and drink beer if we’re gonna have kids running around. When I choose to go to a bar, it tends to be for 1) beer selection and 2) no freaking kids.

Maybe it’s just a smooth angle on increasing MILF traffic.

Edited by slorch

28 minutes ago, luke duke said:

But I can buy an extra 6 beers for what I would pay a sitter. I can also buy 4 more beers for the cost of an Uber. That’s an extra 10 beers and I get to spend extra time with the kids on the drive home. It’s a win-win, amirite?

IOW, you drive drunk with your kids in the car? 

3 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And you don't feel the time is right for a teaching moment ?

The driver keeps Fenix’s balls in her purse.

edit: see MN beat me to it...

Edited by slorch

I was going to make a husband joke but maybe next time you should drive instead of your wife
Cousin driving his own car

And you don't feel the time is right for a teaching moment ?

I've tried teaching before. He didn't take to it.

10 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Cousin driving his own car

I've tried teaching before. He didn't take to it.

I hate people. Europeans think, and know that Americans are the absolute worst drivers in the known, and unknown universe.  

GET YOUR ASS OVER IN THE RIGHT LANE YOU GOTT DAMN DUMB ASS !!!  I need too have that in flashing neon on the bumper of my SUV.  That or a pair of bumper mounted .50 cals. with paint gun rounds....

It's gotten to the point that people drive less than the posted speed limit in the left hand lane for miles....

I hate people. Europeans think, and know that Americans are the absolute worst drivers in the known, and unknown universe.  
GET YOUR ASS OVER IN THE RIGHT LANE YOU GOTT DAMN DUMB ASS !!!  I need too have that in flashing neon on the bumper of my SUV.  That or a pair of bumper mounted .50 cals. with paint gun rounds....
It's gotten to the point that people drive less than the posted speed limit in the left hand lane for miles....

User names checks out.

38 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

HiddenTeemingEsok-size_restricted.gif

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

I guess I'm more referencing cars who drive and cut across the parking lot, not so much parking.  Drivers who speed across perpendicular to the lanes. 

Ahh gotcha, I'm guilty of that if it's a really open lot, but still not just NASCARing it across the lot. If the lanes have lots of cars, and lots of blind spots then I'm following the rules.

It looks we are back on the subject of not trivial.

People who go into parking garages with a gate card. You know you need the card to get in the garage. Don't wait until you get to the gate and then rummage around your purse or whatever the hell you are doing for a minute. Have that shit ready.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Had a buddy of a buddy drive me once, he's from Florida.  We're in the left lane, kinda tailgating some moron doing like 57 or so. I ask him, 'do folks not respect the left lane in Florida too?' to which he answered 'dunno, don't really pay attention to that.'  Took all the willpower I had not to call him a moron.

We've covered this before I believe but that one god damn mosquito that makes it into your house when you open the front door and then terrorizes your ankles the rest of the day. The worst is when they buzz you when you're in bed or attack your hand that's peeking out from under the covers. Why did God in his infinite wisdom create these massive pieces of shit that seem to serve no greater purpose? Just having a laugh?

53 minutes ago, luke duke said:

Grown men who ask for lemon in their water.

I drink it straight, same with tea. Same with coffee.

However...

Why the fuck does it matter how another person gets their water?

30 minutes ago, Buck Strickland said:

People that are so fucking sensitive.  My wife has a friend (no pics, trust me) that was telling this long story about doing ancestry.com or one of those DNA stealing sites and it told her she had all these relatives that were a match.  So long story short, she finds out her grandmother was a prostitute and had all these kids that were given up for adoption.  I quoted that scene in Beerfest "Maybe gam gams was a whore".  She gets offended and my wife gets pissed but her husband thought it was pretty funny.  If your going to tell a story about your grandma being a whore, don't be so fucking sensitive.

Animated GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buck Strickland said:

People that are so fucking sensitive.  My wife has a friend (no pics, trust me) that was telling this long story about doing ancestry.com or one of those DNA stealing sites and it told her she had all these relatives that were a match.  So long story short, she finds out her grandmother was a prostitute and had all these kids that were given up for adoption.  I quoted that scene in Beerfest "Maybe gam gams was a whore".  She gets offended and my wife gets pissed but her husband thought it was pretty funny.  If your going to tell a story about your grandma being a whore, don't be so fucking sensitive.

Jesus Christ it's you're !!!!!!   Too grammar sensitive ?    

That's some funny shit.  I think there are women all over America scared shitless their kids will take one of those, and find out their dad ain't the real pater familias.  

Just found out a close friend was shooting blanks so they had a sperm donor. I'm betting he and the Mrs. are gripping a bit.

3 hours ago, luke duke said:

Grown men who ask for lemon in their water.

I never ask for lemon but, whenever I order ice water and the server asks if I want lemon, I always accept. Because why the fuck not? It can't hurt and, depending on the water source, it might help. 

I never ask for lemon but, whenever I order ice water and the server asks if I want lemon, I always accept. Because why the fuck not? It can't hurt and, depending on the water source, it might help. 

So, you’re not the person that I’m talking about.