Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Absolutely, she's perfect. I don't deem massive curves necessary (not that it doesn't work for some girls). She's not a toothpick model and does not derive her hotness from curves. She's a perfect balance. Would wife.

28 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

"I only bang 10's"

Okay let's not get carried away. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I said she was really pretty. But again, my point stands. She really fit, but has man hips. I wouldn't consider her a 10. "Perfect" is a high compliment. But anyways, back to the reason we're all here.

Our IT guy and COO thought it was a great idea to remove the WiFi from our office the week before we move into our new office. "Oh it doesn't really matter, everyone has a wired connection at their desk". I need to help people throughout the day, so I'm bringing my laptop over with my personal phone so I can tether through my phone's internet connections. Oh you need to hold a meeting with internet? Damn, we didn't think of that. Stupid.

Story time?

I’m on my way to church to drop off my daughter on my way to the office. We had just stopped at Shipley’s so I have a huge cup of steaming hot coffee in my right hand. I’m on a three lane divided road. I’m in the left lane, which is left turn only, fat bitch with huge smelly cunt is in the center lane just off my starboard bow, the bus is in the right lane well ahead of both of us. The bus stops at a bus stop with its rear blocking the right lane and it’s front blocking half of the center lane (yeah fuck him too). Fat bitch with huge smelly cunt immediately swerves into my lane to go around the bus. I have to slam on my brakes to avoid having my bumper removed by fat bitch with huge smelly cunt. Contents of coffee cup are now all over me. So on a day when I’m trying to get ready to file an S-3, S-8, and an 8-k with the SEC I have to spend an hour returning home to change clothes before I can go to the office. The fat bitch with a huge smelly cunt is extremely lucky that I did not have time to memorize the plate number on her car that surely smells like a huge smelly cunt. I just hope she got to her office before all the donuts were gone.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I’m on my way to church to drop off my daughter on my way to the office. We had just stopped at Shipley’s so I have a huge cup of steaming hot coffee in my right hand. I’m on a three lane divided road. I’m in the left lane, which is left turn only, fat bitch with huge smelly cunt is in the center lane just off my starboard bow, the bus is in the right lane well ahead of both of us. The bus stops at a bus stop with its rear blocking the right lane and it’s front blocking half of the center lane (yeah fuck him too). Fat bitch with huge smelly cunt immediately swerves into my lane to go around the bus. I have to slam on my brakes to avoid having my bumper removed by fat bitch with huge smelly cunt. Contents of coffee cup are now all over me. So on a day when I’m trying to get ready to file an S-3, S-8, and an 8-k with the SEC I have to spend an hour returning home to change clothes before I can go to the office. The fat bitch with a huge smelly cunt is extremely lucky that I did not have time to memorize the plate number on her car that surely smells like a huge smelly cunt. I just hope she got to her office before all the donuts were gone.

That must have been some smelly cunt to smell it over the aroma of coffee, and in different vehicles, a lane a way....

5 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

The term "native American".

I'm not "indian/first nations/etc". I was born in the US of A. 

I am a native American.

So it should stay "Indian" based on Columbus' stupidity thinking he was in India? A more recent term is Native Nations, which makes more sense, but I don't know what you would call them individually. Native Nationers? Native American works and has become accepted. Plus, by your theory, most everyone born in our hemisphere for the most part could be Native American, because both continents are called America.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 'stache said:

So it should stay "Indian" based on Columbus' stupidity thinking he was in India? A more recent term is Native Nations, which makes more sense, but I don't know what you would call them individually. Native Nationers? Native American works and has become accepted. Plus, by your theory, most everyone born in our hemisphere for the most part could be Native American, because both continents are called America.

united nation of indians

8 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Uh, no. 

And yeah, anybody born in the Americas could be called "native American". 

Because they are, you know, a native American.

Except, nobody but Indians refer to themselves as Native Americans. Everyone else calls themselves just American. Canadians call themselves Canadians, Mexicans, Venezuelan, etc. Language develops out of usage, regardless of technicalities, such as the fact that yes, as a technical matter, anyone born today in North or South America can be "Native American" in a literal context. But that's not how that term has been used.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Except, nobody but Indians refer to themselves as Native Americans. Everyone else calls themselves just American. Canadians call themselves Canadians, Mexicans, Venezuelan, etc. Language develops out of usage, regardless of technicalities, such as the fact that yes, as a technical matter, anyone born today in North or South America can be "Native American" in a literal context. But that's not how that term has been used.

Not quite right.

I just (above) referred to myself as a native American. :)

And Canadians call themselves more than just "Canadian". Check out Quebec.

Edited by Asithappens

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I have never known any person from Mexico, Central & South America, or  Canada to ever refer to themselves as Americans.

Of course all of us born in the two continents are technically Native Americans. But as you say, language develops out of usage. 

Never have heard anyone born in the USA refer to themselves as United Statesians.

Injuns can call themselves whatever they choose to. Most of their tribal names are pretty badass.

5 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I have never known any person from Mexico, Central & South America, or  Canada to ever refer to themselves as Americans.

Of course all of us born in the two continents are technically Native Americans. But as you say, language develops out of usage. 

Never have heard anyone born in the USA refer to themselves as United Statesians.

Injuns can call themselves whatever they choose to. Most of their tribal names are pretty badass.

We're the only country in the Americas that use "America" in our formal name, so it makes sense that we call ourselves "Americans" and it is generally understood to mean someone from USA.

In the whataburger I made the hierarchy of ketchup and got me to thinking...when you walk into what you know is going to be a good burger joint and they have goddamn Hunts ketchup for your fries. We are already off on a bad foot.

I’d rather have an off brand of ketchup than Hunts.
  • Like 2

Everything was so much easier when they were just called savages.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Facebook is garbage in the first place but I can't stand it when someone posts an interesting question or seeks advice and 99% of the comments are "following". Just click the damn button in the corner to turn on notifications. I'm a large buy/sell group and I posted something about Texas/LSU tickets. 15 comments and 14 of them were "following". I just block those folks so I don't have to scroll through that nonsense AND they get denied the follow.

On 6/13/2019 at 3:27 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

On 6/13/2019 at 3:27 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I.J. Miggs is alive and well, ladies and gentlemen!