Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

People that screw up traffic because they’re trying to be nice.

scenario: I’m at a stop sign at an intersection where the traffic on my right and left does NOT have a stop sign.  Older woman in that direction decides to stop without a stop sign to let me go.  But I can’t go because cars coming the other way are correctly not stopping.  She basically is screwing up everything.  eventually she drives off after holding up 10 cars behind her.    Follow the rules like everyone is expecting you to.

Its one thing to let someone into traffic when you can control the entire situation.  Not when someone has to cross the entire intersection. 

• Like 9

How do things get so recycled in tech.  I did a major work project a decade ago using machine learning and that was built off many more decades of precursor work I thought I was feasting off the bones of the carcass, and here it all comes anew again.  Now slack and discord and all these things are apparently the hottest thing in corporate productivity...... didnt chat get invented years ago and died when IRC (more or less) did?

1/2 gripe; 1/2 question.

Is there such thing as train etiquette anymore?  Had to ride the train to and from downtown Dallas the last three days.  5 of the 6 trips were extremely packed.  I was taught that a man never, ever sits on a train while an elderly person or female stands.  Yes, I know it's 2019, so I don't want to turn this into a female equality debate.  But, there were so many able-bodied men sitting while a plethora of others stood, I wasn't even sure what to do.  I (obviously) got up the first time and then spent the remaining trips standing though, at times, there were empty seats.  Just curious.

On 6/20/2019 at 12:22 PM, Hmbre97 said:

Restaurants that cut lemons like this and not in wedges. It's damn near impossible to squeeze that motherfucker in my water without making a giant fucking mess. WEDGES people!b3471484447661e2a4e31165c589e7fd.jpg

Do you often eat at restaurants that do not have knives?

On 6/20/2019 at 3:43 PM, Buck Strickland said:

People that are so fucking sensitive.  My wife has a friend (no pics, trust me) that was telling this long story about doing ancestry.com or one of those DNA stealing sites and it told her she had all these relatives that were a match.  So long story short, she finds out her grandmother was a prostitute and had all these kids that were given up for adoption.  I quoted that scene in Beerfest "Maybe gam gams was a whore".  She gets offended and my wife gets pissed but her husband thought it was pretty funny.  If your going to tell a story about your grandma being a whore, don't be so fucking sensitive.

fa1ba089-feaf-449c-abff-ce04b7c1aa57_scr

• Like 6

On 6/20/2019 at 2:42 PM, luke duke said:

Grown men who ask for lemon in their water.

I realize it takes an ounce more effort to grab a lemon slice, but nobody's forcing you to wait tables for a living.  

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/21/2019 at 5:44 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

People that screw up traffic because they’re trying to be nice.

scenario: I’m at a stop sign at an intersection where the traffic on my right and left does NOT have a stop sign.  Older woman in that direction decides to stop without a stop sign to let me go.  But I can’t go because cars coming the other way are correctly not stopping.  She basically is screwing up everything.  eventually she drives off after holding up 10 cars behind her.    Follow the rules like everyone is expecting you to.

Its one thing to let someone into traffic when you can control the entire situation.  Not when someone has to cross the entire intersection. 

People do that around where I live.  I realize you're trying to nice and all, but if you stop for no reason it's gonna fuck things up.  Just do what is expect of you.  This ain't the Royal Ball in Buckingham Palace.  People go places to go.

Fuck the US Postal Service and any online vendor that uses them. Those lazy incompetent douchebags can’t find their ass with either hand.

And while I’m here, Tapatalk has to be the worst app in history. They’re the US Postal Service of app designers.

I currently have a package worth about $80 that was lost by the USPS and has been since June 4th. It’s fucking lovely. The best part is the seller lives probably 30 miles away, if that.

On 6/21/2019 at 11:21 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

You're shitting me, right? The world's most famous moose is one of the highlights of the whole goddamned morning on Thanksgiving.

446a60c52124f4521a454a0e597c5d3c.jpg

A moose once...dammit...Cheeseweasel beat me to it. 

Edited by After irth
  • Like 2

On 6/21/2019 at 7:28 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

1/2 gripe; 1/2 question.

Is there such thing as train etiquette anymore?  Had to ride the train to and from downtown Dallas the last three days.  5 of the 6 trips were extremely packed.  I was taught that a man never, ever sits on a train while an elderly person or female stands.  Yes, I know it's 2019, so I don't want to turn this into a female equality debate.  But, there were so many able-bodied men sitting while a plethora of others stood, I wasn't even sure what to do.  I (obviously) got up the first time and then spent the remaining trips standing though, at times, there were empty seats.  Just curious.

I used to get up for all females but that custom died real quick when I began to ride the train everyday. 

Don’t know about Dallas but in nyc people only get up for the olds (most but not all the time), pregnant women (always), and people holding babies or young toddlers (most of the time). Get up for some random chick? Hell nah. We all got struggles, so yours ain’t more important than mine so whomever gets the chair first, gets it. No shame in that since this a comfort thing.  Standing for 45 min, trying to hold onto a bar in order to not fall over, being crushed next to some backpack wearing, over cologned/perfumed rando sucks. Especially if you have to do it twice a day. But I gotta get up just cause some person was born with tits? Pffft. 

• Like 2

On 6/22/2019 at 6:39 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Fuck the US Postal Service and any online vendor that uses them. Those lazy incompetent douchebags can’t find their ass with either hand.

Double fuck vendors who use UPS all the way to your town and then turn the package over to the USPS for final delivery. 

Especially when they count dropping it off to USPS as "delivered on time". 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, deadshank said:

Those danged warning stickers plastered all over the sun visor in vehicles nowadays.  Not only are they an eyesore but there are a mofo to peel off in one piece.   

Ralph Nader can lick my sweaty taint.  

How about this stupidity (a sticker to cover up the warning sticker):

https://www.amazon.com/Corvette-Visor-Airbag-Decal-Covers/dp/B007RNXZOG

On 6/24/2019 at 4:39 AM, achooloco said:

I used to get up for all females but that custom died real quick when I began to ride the train everyday. 

Don’t know about Dallas but in nyc people only get up for the olds (most but not all the time), pregnant women (always), and people holding babies or young toddlers (most of the time). Get up for some random chick? Hell nah. We all got struggles, so yours ain’t more important than mine so whomever gets the chair first, gets it. No shame in that since this a comfort thing.  Standing for 45 min, trying to hold onto a bar in order to not fall over, being crushed next to some backpack wearing, over cologned/perfumed rando sucks. Especially if you have to do it twice a day. But I gotta get up just cause some person was born with tits? Pffft. 

This is universal.  Signage will indicate preference for preggos, old, disabled, babbies.

Bitches aren't entitled to shit and I ain't white knighting random hos on a commuter train, fuck that.

• Like 4

But yeah many people won't uphold etiquette for shit.  I see lots of teenagers ignore the olds.

Almost as bad as that is when the not-old, like healthy looking 55 year old bitches sneer at me for not giving up my seat.  Fuck you bitch you ain't near deathyet.

• Like 1

People who complain about others who dont wear deodorant but then don't maintain or bathe their animals often.  Your dog/cat and your house stinks you inconsistent bastard.  No matter what you say or spray.  What if you didn't shave and let your hair go wild, never wiped your shitty ass and didn't bathe but once a month or less.  The shag would call you a miscreant.  

People who get on the elevator and then push one floor above or below their current floor.  Lazy bastards.
I'll never understand this unless the person is handicapped or has their hands full. Voluntarily waiting for and then riding an elevator when a staircase is right there. I just don't get it.

10 minutes ago, Okie State said:
27 minutes ago, RollLeft said:
People who get on the elevator and then push one floor above or below their current floor.  Lazy bastards.

I'll never understand this unless the person is handicapped or has their hands full. Voluntarily waiting for and then riding an elevator when a staircase is right there. I just don't get it.

Fat.

32 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

I'm a stairs person, but what if the stairs aren't "right there"?

Our old office tower's stairs only had specific floors you could re-enter the building from (you could exit from any floor, but not enter any floor).  We had offices on 2 different floors (20/18) and it was a real PITA to wait for an elevator in a 75 story building to go down 2 floors but neither floor was a re-entry floor. 

Our new building has a concourse level and a plaza level.  The elevator bank has 4 elevators, 3 of which only go down to P and one that goes down to C. You can take an escalator to get from P to C.  The amount of people I see get to P from one of the non-C elevators and then WAIT FOR THE C ELEVATOR.... Lord we need a plague. 

7 hours ago, RollLeft said:

I've been in buildings where the doors would lock you into the fire stair and you'd have to walk all the way to the ground floor.