Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

I recently uploaded scanned documents needed for a small life insurance policy. I am the lucky executor for the estate. I called to ask if everything was received, and all they could tell me was “documents were received and forwarded for processing” which could take up to 6 weeks. After 6 weeks and no check, I was told that one document was missing (which is b.s., I sent it), and that it could take another 6 weeks to process. No notification that 1 of the 5 documents was missing. Definitely made me a surly executor. 
I still haven't heard back that they received the document this time so I'm assuming they didn't. This shit is getting ridiculous.

Taking the inlaws on a mini vacation.  I like them, so that's not a problem.  But dealing with food issues is a fucking nightmare.

Imagine making dinner plans with your wife, but x6.

They're all small town folk, so they can't eat seafood, only fucking chicken.  (It's Spain, so it's fucking seafood, or fucking pork).  It can't be expensive, because even though we can pay for everything, they're too prideful to spend our money.  It can't be too far, cuz there's a tyke in the group.  We can't wait for a table at a seemingly suitable place, because 6 people have 6 different levels of hunger.  We can't eat at a popular student beer hall / sandwich canteen, because it's Spain and sandwiches are beneath them....

...but they'll propose to settle for a pizza/pasta place in the middle of La Rambla staffed by Indians and Pakis (nttawwt).  Oh and by the way, why did I look so grumpy ?!?!??  Inexplicable!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Taking the inlaws on a mini vacation.  I like them, so that's not a problem.  But dealing with food issues is a fucking nightmare.

They're all small town folk, so they can't eat seafood, only fucking chicken.  (It's Spain, so it's fucking seafood, or fucking pork).  It can't be expensive, because even though we can pay for everything, they're too prideful to spend our money.  It can't be too far, cuz there's a tyke in the group.  We can't wait for a table at a seemingly suitable place, because 6 people have 6 different levels of hunger.  We can't eat at a popular student beer hall / sandwich canteen, because it's Spain and sandwiches are beneath them....

...but they'll propose to settle for a pizza/pasta place in the middle of La Rambla staffed by Indians and Pakis (nttawwt).  Oh and by the way, why did I look so grumpy ?!?!??  Inexplicable!

Your problem started with taking your in-laws on a vacation.  What did you expect?

27 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

at a certain point, if they're going to behave that way I'd treat them like our kids when they were growing up.  "This what we're having.  If you don't like it, tough shit.  You can eat at the next meal.  You're not dictating what we eat.  Adapt or get really fucking hungry.  It's not like we're having liver and onions or some nasty shit for dinner.   Stop being a pain in the ass."

The manipulation...it pisses me off.

19 hours ago, Okie State said:

I have no issue with fireworks directly around the 4th. I start to get pissed when it starts a week or more early and drags on for a week or more afterwards. Move to the country if you want to do that shit.

They moved to the city so they could be more social...

I'm down with all of the public displays they want to have.  I'm down with people lighting fireworks like a mofo on Dec 31 and July 4th. The asshats popping the rando shit on June 24- July 3 deserve an asskicking.  

There's no other disruptions of the public peace that are allowed like that, but these fuckers think it's just a grand ole time...  fuck e'ryone else.

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

What does being from a small town have to do with not being able to eat seafood (or beef or pork, apparently)?

Living in a poor, inland, small town, doesn't exactly expose people to a steady supply of octopus, cod, razor clams, and jumbo shrimp.  Beef is also a relative luxury for most of the world (if you didn't know)

Anyway, they've never left the country; are FCB fans; and I'd wanted to treat them to something nice; so this completes a compulsory checklist for me

Edited by 52-80
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Are they not from America?

WTB, you’d be surprised at the number of economically poor Americans that only eat chicken as their meat serving.   I had a guy that worked for me that refused to eat chicken because he grew up poor and that was the only meat they could afford.  Beef was too expensive and they raised their own chickens as that way they were more cost effective.   Several of my Hispanic employees are the same way in their upbringing  

22 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I know for a fact that they have KFCs in Spain. They even sell beer. Problem solved.

Bitching about problems when you decide to take your in-laws on vacation is like complaining about not getting laid after you get married.

They also have Taco Bell, actually.  So that's even better

5 minutes ago, deadshank said:

WTB, you’d be surprised at the number of economically poor Americans that only eat chicken as their meat serving.   I had a guy that worked for me that refused to eat chicken because he grew up poor and that was the only meat they could afford.  Beef was too expensive and they raised their own chickens as that way they were more cost effective.   Several of my Hispanic employees are the same way in their upbringing  

This is a tangential issue. If you're only eating chicken because that's all you can afford, it doesn't mean you wouldn't eat beef if you could afford it. Or pork. Or seafood. 

The assertion was that they can't eat anything but chicken because they're from a small town. I come from two very small towns and pretty much everyone I knew ate seafood, beef, pork, and chicken. Or would if they could afford it. We ate it in public school cafeterias. I can understand being squeamish about eating mollusks if you've never had them (shame on any adult traveling abroad that isn't willing to try something new), but how many small towns don't have a pond or stream where you can catch a fish? (Most small towns aren't in the desert.)

His in-laws have food hangups. That's not a small town thing necessarily. There may be some positive correlation there because of a lack of exposure to food diversity, but I've known plenty of city folk with food hangups too. 

18 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

This is a tangential issue. If you're only eating chicken because that's all you can afford, it doesn't mean you wouldn't eat beef if you could afford it. Or pork. Or seafood. 

The assertion was that they can't eat anything but chicken because they're from a small town. I come from two very small towns and pretty much everyone I knew ate seafood, beef, pork, and chicken. Or would if they could afford it. We ate it in public school cafeterias. I can understand being squeamish about eating mollusks if you've never had them (shame on any adult traveling abroad that isn't willing to try something new), but how many small towns don't have a pond or stream where you can catch a fish? (Most small towns aren't in the desert.)

His in-laws have food hangups. That's not a small town thing necessarily. There may be some positive correlation there because of a lack of exposure to food diversity, but I've known plenty of city folk with food hangups too. 

What I got from it was the inlaws have spending money hangups and it carries over to their food choices, even when it's someone else footing the bill.

I'm down with all of the public displays they want to have.  I'm down with people lighting fireworks like a mofo on Dec 31 and July 4th. The asshats popping the rando shit on June 24- July 3 deserve an asskicking.  
There's no other disruptions of the public peace that are allowed like that, but these fuckers think it's just a grand ole time...  fuck e'ryone else.
What's worse is the random fireworks getting set off in the middle of April because Chad drove through Matamoros or Missouri or some other shitty place where there are exactly two things to do: 1) buy fireworks; 2) leave.

2 hours ago, elfenix said:
7 hours ago, slorch said:

Read more  

What's worse is the random fireworks getting set off in the middle of April because Chad drove through Matamoros or Missouri or some other shitty place where there are exactly two things to do: 1) buy fireworks; 2) leave.

Where does fetanyl fit into this picture?

I was eating lunch with my wife’s family when her aunt instructed the uncle to put the cat out into the “catio”.

For the uninitiated it is a screened in area with structures for her many cats.

I almost stopped eating my blue bell.

The left lane is for passing only. Unless I think I'm driving faster than anyone else can would or should!!! Then it's for me and I can stay there all day!!!!

also when there's heavy traffic on a two-lane highway, I need to let the car in front of me in the left lane know how unhappy I am with all the traffic by tailgating him and making reckless lane changes to try to get around that one person!!!! I'll deal with the other sixty cars in front of me after I pass this one guy but right now he's the only thing between me and open road!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

The left lane is for passing only. Unless I think I'm driving faster than anyone else can would or should!!! Then it's for me and I can stay there all day!!!!

also when there's heavy traffic on a two-lane highway, I need to let the car in front of me in the left lane know how unhappy I am with all the traffic by tailgating him and making reckless lane changes to try to get around that one person!!!! I'll deal with the other sixty cars in front of me after I pass this one guy but right now he's the only thing between me and open road!!!!!!!

My personal favorite is the guy that doesn't know/care that the HOV lanes are only HOV during rush hour.  All other times they are the left/fast/passing lanes.  I know I am only doing 10 miles over the posted limit, but instead of tailgating and making that quick pass on the right, how about using the not-HOV lane there sport?

Guest Lobo

Why the fuck when you're on the Southwest website, and you go to airport/departure site and you you just hit AUS instead of messing with the pull-down menu...does it auto-populate with Grand Rapids MIchigan?  Or when I'm searching for a flight for family to come down here from MDW, and you go to destination airport and you type "AUS" real fast because it's easier than moving hand over to mouse to scroll down, it still picks GRR for Grand Rapids?  What in the fuck is the cause of that?  It's annoying as shit! 

1 hour ago, DougO said:

When the box of 12 pack soda cans decides to collapse just outside the car in the HEB parking lot, when it's open, and it's on a fairly steep slope.

They're making them with cheaper cardboard and cheaper glue. If the hand hold doesn't rip so you drop it, the dispenser end comes unglued so the cans roll out of the fridge. 

Should probably go in the getting old sucks thread, but ear hairs.  Not inside the ear, but I get this one that grows on the top, only it’s not like an actual hair, it’s more like 30lb monofilament line.  I can feel it up there but if I yank it out it’ll bleed.  Guess I should just tie a snap swivel on it.  

• Like 7