Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

I've done it before. Mostly if I'm on an interstate or divided highway something like that and just rolling along through countryside and coming up on an area where there's entrance ramps. Like Highway 6 going through college station may not be any traffic but I'll still move into the fast lane before I get into the area where there might be people merging onto the Highway.

28 minutes ago, You don't know me said:

These fucking leaves falling.  On Sunday, as I was going over everything on my rider, the fucking leaves were falling all around me.  By Sunday evening, you couldn't even tell that I had done anything.  And now it's worse than it was Sunday morning.  I hate fall.

You hate that the things that give us oxygen need to shed dead stuff and rejuvenate themselves automatically so we all don't die?  Plus it's pretty as hell to look out.  Wow.  

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You can save yourself some leaves to rake up by pruning all those branches that are pointed downwards.  Arborist 101 

Those trees are so tall though.  I moved up here a few years ago.  This is the first place that I have lived as an adult that has an actual winter.  I never had this issue when living in Austin.  I'm still learning the ropes of living in yankee land.

Edited to add:  I just checked and I guess I should wait until late winter to prune.  Is that your thoughts, too?

Edited by You don't know me

Yeah, trees get tall.  That's their job ;)

Seriously though before the dead of winter (between now and say MLK day)...at least prune the downward pointing branches and limbs.  It's better for you in the long run---less leaves, better shade canopy, healthier trees, and it just looks better.  Get a telescopic pruning saw and start with that.  You can also use rope felling for the taller ones.  Sounds like you're up north obviously, but there's always some hispanic day-laborers in every town looking to make a few extra dollars.  

On 10/31/2018 at 11:13 PM, DougO said:

2015, which essentially the current design. Is it really that doable? I have been mulling it over. Not sure my arm is skinny enough to reach the negative post clamp way in the back, or if it will budge any without first removing it, or what else is behind there holding the battery in place. I have been unable to find a youtube video on it or even a Ford forum post for removing a battery from this model.

I guess I should clarify I have the 2012 3.7 v6 (sport model) 2WD.   

56 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
57 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:
Balls hot summer is the best time of year

Absolutely. I love being outside in the heat. Fuck the cold

I have never had to shovel the heat out of my driveway!  #teamsummer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:
3 hours ago, ABSR said:
I have never had to shovel the heat out of my driveway!  #teamsummer

Texans don't understand this reference. But i feel you.

I've been snowed in for the weekend before with snow banks against the house that reached the roof.  It wasn't in Houston, of course, but it gave me a real appreciation for hot as balls weather.  I was very happy to sell my snow blower in a moving sale and get back home.

11 hours ago, Okie State said:

It doesn't even get cold in Texas.

wrong.

The Panhandle is basically southern Canada with nothing more than a barbed wire fence or two between it and the Arctic.

Temps in the 20's are cold.  Teens and single digits are plenty cold.

And the wind very seldom ever blows...

less than 20MPH.

I miss the winters in the Panhandle though, especially in July/ August of a Houston summer.

Edited by slorch

wrong.

The Panhandle is basically southern Canada with nothing more than a barbed wire fence or two between it and the Arctic.

Temps in the 20's are cold.  Teens and single digits are plenty cold.

And the wind very seldom ever blows...

less than 20MPH.

I miss the winters in the Panhandle though, especially in July/ August of a Houston summer.

You're right, 20's are cold. Still not what I would consider a brutal winter worthy of bitching about. Getting snowed in for months and temps dipping into single and negative digits are the only scenarios I'd feel were equal to how shitty our summers are. Also, nobody lives in the panhandle.

I think I went an entire winter down here without wearing more than a light sweater a year or two ago.

and I get it that our winters ain't shit compared with having snow piles for 4-5 months and the dreary gray skies for the same times.

I do not own a sweater.  I own one sweatshirt and use a Under armor 1/4 zip pullover on cool mornings.

Then again, I live in Houston now.

LMAO at Houston folks who come out in a toboggan and parka when it drops below 60. 

Edited by slorch

9 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I've been snowed in for the weekend before with snow banks against the house that reached the roof.  It wasn't in Houston, of course, but it gave me a real appreciation for hot as balls weather.  I was very happy to sell my snow blower in a moving sale and get back home.

What was her name?

53 minutes ago, Okie State said:

You're right, 20's are cold. Still not what I would consider a brutal winter worthy of bitching about. Getting snowed in for months and temps dipping into single and negative digits are the only scenarios I'd feel were equal to how shitty our summers are. Also, nobody lives in the panhandle.

I think I went an entire winter down here without wearing more than a light sweater a year or two ago.

Where the hell did you live? The Donner Pass?

On 11/2/2018 at 10:04 PM, Jersey Man10 said:

When I eat at a restaurant and it's not too full so i choose a secluded area to eat either solo or with family, then Jimmy mcfuckface shows up with his fat bitch and 5 kids and they seat in the booth or table next to us. Out of all the seating why do you sit next to me. Same with parking.

Along the same lines in an empty restaurant and the hostess seats people right next to you. I get they are trying to help the servers but those extra 3 steps to get an empty booth buffer aren’t going to be the difference in hot or cold food