Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Hearing a broadcaster say that a defensive back got called for pass interference because he did not look back for the ball. Defensive back gets called for pass interference because he got beat! When a DB is beat he should never look back for the ball! He should always close on the receiver and play the receiver's hands.

When motherfucking ESPN schedules back to back games and doesn't allow enough time, so you miss the first quarter of the second game because the first game lasted longer than 2.5 hours, then the fourth quarter of the second game doesn't get recorded by the DVR because, surfuckingprise, that game also lasted longer than the scheduled time.

Yet another reason to hate ESPN.

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Reminds me of the "good old days" when we'd watch bowl games on multiple TV's on New Year's day.

Even the "gooder, good old days" when the Sugar Bowl was on NYE, Cotton early afternoon, Rose late afternoon and then the Orange to top off the evening. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Underdog said:

Even the "gooder, good old days" when the Sugar Bowl was on NYE, Cotton early afternoon, Rose late afternoon and then the Orange to top off the evening. 

And no blacks or Jews, amitire?  

People who have cars without window tint. What the fuck dude you live in Texas how can you stand to drive like that? Tint is the first thing I get on my new cars.

Dealers that don’t order cars with tint from the factory makes me surly.

Sunshades on pond springs road is also my next stop when buying a car.
  • Like 1

Went to a medical appointment today. The Doc comes in the room and greets me by saying "Hi (first name), I'm Dr. (last name).  This pisses me off. Don't mix formal and informal greetings. I'm not a child and you're not my better (I was easily 15 years his senior).  Don't get me wrong. If you want to use an honorific and refer to yourself as Dr. (last name), that's fine- you've earned it.  But if you do, you should refer to me as Mr. (last name) until I tell you otherwise- which I will do. If you'd like to refer to me by my first name (which is actually my preference), you should introduce yourself by your own first and last name. I already know you're a doctor and will use the honorific either way.

• Like 3

Went to a medical appointment today. The Doc comes in the room and greets me by saying "Hi (first name), I'm Dr. (last name).  This pisses me off. Don't mix formal and informal greetings. I'm not a child and you're not my better (I was easily 15 years his senior).  Don't get me wrong. If you want to use an honorific and refer to yourself as Dr. (last name), that's fine- you've earned it.  But if you do, you should refer to me as Mr. (last name) until I tell you otherwise- which I will do. If you'd like to refer to me by my first name (which is actually my preference), you should introduce yourself by your own first and last name. I already know you're a doctor and will use the honorific either way.
I'm bad with remembering names so I probably wouldn't have even noticed that.

Did he stick his thumb up your asshole and tell you to cough?