Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

20 hours ago, ernest_t_bass said:

In sport - When you know the rules, and people think you're an idiot because you know the rules, and they want to stick to their version of the rules instead.  Example:

I've officiated basketball Big 12 football for 20 years.  While playing reffing with a group of guys this weekend, the ball hit the top of the back board (not supports, the actual top) then came back into play. player wrapped his arms around the UT player and hugged him.  "That's out!"  holding!"  "That's pass interference!"   Me - "No, we're good.  It has to break the plane."  .It has to be against the team not a favorite for the playoffs.".   "Since when!?"

I love how casual fans think that they know all the rules, and will fight for their idiocy tooth and nail.

Nailed it.

People who dress their dogs in sweaters to take them for a walk when the temperature is above freezing. They already have a fur coat, dumbass. It was 60 degrees outside and I just saw a couple walking their besweatered canine. Just because it's sweater weather for you doesn't mean it's sweater weather for them. Your dog probably sucks because you're a shitty, over-pampering owner. 

It was an ugly sweater, too. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

People who dress their dogs in sweaters to take them for a walk when the temperature is above freezing. They already have a fur coat, dumbass. It was 60 degrees outside and I just saw a couple walking their besweatered canine. Just because it's sweater weather for you doesn't mean it's sweater weather for them. Your dog probably sucks because you're a shitty, over-pampering owner. 

As opposed to the rest of the beautiful dog sweaters out there ?

Have we mentioned people who let their kids scream uncontrollably on airplanes? And especially fathers who sit there ignoring it while wearing cancelling headphones? Because seriously fuck those people. 

And on exiting the airplane, I saw that the same parents left a used diaper sitting on the floor. The fucking useless sacks of shit.

If you're cold, they're cold! But...I don't have a fur coat...

Some lady on Nextdoor was guilting people about leaving their dogs outside when it was 55 degrees.

2 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I mean, I agree that screaming kids on planes suck, but if you aren't packing at least some good earbuds on any plane trip, then shit's on you bro. 

I agree. And I did have earbuds. But it wasn't enough to drown out the top of the lungs screaming that was going on. And there's just no fucking excuse for not making any attempt at trying to calm the child down. 

And even less excuse for leaving the used diaper there. Just lazy and disgusting.

• Like 1

On that note, wife and I were at the dog park sitting on a bench. WT slob chick rolls up with her 3yo daughter to the bench across from us (with their 60 lb German Shepard pup in the 25lb and under park, but whatever, my lil mutt can play with big dogs).. the 3yo girl, who can barely speak, starts throwing good sized rocks. Throwing them at dogs, and then hits my wife in the foot with one. Wife asks the girl very nicely not to throw rocks so she wont hurt people or doggies. WT slob: "oh she just discovered playing with rocks today. I dunno where she gets these urges. They just show up and she gets obsessed." 

Bitch she ain't "playing" with rocks. She's throwing them at people and dogs. It's your job to shut that shit down, not a complete strangers. 

edit: I should've mentioned the GSD had a fucking "Service Dog" harness on. Guess this bitch had PTSD from smelling her last queef. 

Edited by NorthLoop
  • Like 1

I'm getting tired of people without kids bringing dogs to events that are obviously for children and letting those dogs roam around.  I know you feel like they are your babies and the whole world wants your dogs there because of how awesome they are and they're your best bud.  But seriously, either keep it on a 3-foot leash on your arm at all times, or leave it the fuck at home.  I'm a dog lover by nature.  Lived with great dogs all my life.  If it's a kid's event, keep your dog next to you at all times or leave it at home.  We know what a dog looks like, your breed isn't special and you're not interesting.  If it's a mainly adults event, then let 'er rip...people should leave the kids at home.  But I'm talking about those people who are bringing dogs to shit that is obviously meant for little kids and then letting them roam freely.  

And enough with casually coming up to us minutes after you let it off the leash, as it's a few inches away from a defenseless toddler strapped into a stroller and saying the same old shit, "Oh, he's okay.  He loves kids.  He's never bitten anybody."  Of course, he hasn't bitten anybody.  You'd be an asshole if you walked up and said, "Oops, he bites people all the time.  Should probably get him back on his leash."  No dog has bitten anybody until the first time he bites somebody.  The neighborhood pediatric plastic surgeon said in 25 years of practicing medicine, he's never had a week in Austin go by where he wasn't repairing a child's skin from a dog bite.  Because Austin is a town where dog-lovers like to let their dogs run free, as well they should.  Except at Bubble-Palooza, or the Chuy's Holiday Parade, or dozens of other events that really aren't that dog-off-leash-friendly. /rant.

On 12/1/2018 at 3:57 PM, ernest_t_bass said:

In sport - When you know the rules, and people think you're an idiot because you know the rules, and they want to stick to their version of the rules instead.  Example:

I've officiated basketball for 20 years.  While playing with a group of guys this week, the ball hit the top of the back board (not supports, the actual top) then came back into play.  "That's out!"  Me - "No, we're good.  It has to break the plane."  ... "Since when!?"

I love how casual fans think that they know all the rules, and will fight for their idiocy tooth and nail.

“Reaching” is not a foul, and neither is “over the back.”

Some college coaches don’t even know this (including the backboard one in your post) when I ref their games 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2018 at 3:57 PM, ernest_t_bass said:

I've officiated basketball for 20 years.  While playing with a group of guys this week, the ball hit the top of the back board (not supports, the actual top) then came back into play.  "That's out!"  Me - "No, we're good.  It has to break the plane."  ... "Since when!?"

I have lots of sports ones, but calling umpires refs, calling runs points, and giving me the score low number first all make my skin crawl.

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

When you've got an appt somewhere, you check in with plenty of time, someone else with an appointment checks in after you, and they get called back first (after your scheduled time).

That just means your appointment time was after theirs. One of the advantages of booking an appt is that you don't have to show up early. That person understood that, you didn't. 

• Like 1

That just means your appointment time was after theirs. One of the advantages of booking an appt is that you don't have to show up early. That person understood that, you didn't. 
You miss your appointment time you should be put behind those who didn't
  • Like 2

Tapatalk and the subscribe section with the new forum layout.  They don't sort the subscribe section with newest posts first, rather some random selection in no particular order.  Makes using tapa suck, would rather pull down surly in chrome on my phone, and go to my activity feed.
Yep. The subscribe section in Tapa is ordered by when you subscribed to the thread. Newest down to oldest. It's annoying as fuck. But it's not just Tapa. It's like that on the browser version, too.

40 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Taller guy was laying on the floor in FRONT of 4-5 seats. 

About 10 feet away was an empty, unoccupied wall that was of equal length.

the fuck is wrong with people? I grabbed a seat near the wall in a corner so people wouldn't fuck with me. Lady comes over, moves my bags and leans over me to plug in her phone in the outlet on the wall. There was an empty seat behind me with equal access to the outlet.

• Like 1

the fuck is wrong with people? I grabbed a seat near the wall in a corner so people wouldn't fuck with me. Lady comes over, moves my bags and leans over me to plug in her phone in the outlet on the wall. There was an empty seat behind me with equal access to the outlet.
I would have just started masturbating.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jersey Man10 said:
5 hours ago, Llogg said:

I would have just started masturbating.

You're assuming that he ever actually stopped.

3 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

If you are scanning and emailing me a pdf, name it something other than the default bullshit your scanner names it. Someday I'm going to search my emails for that file and 3df7eYxc.pdf is gonna be tough to remember.

Oh, that's nothing compared to the idiots that send shit direct from their scanners so it comes from "Do Not Reply Xerox Model 7340283". No known sender, no subject line, nada.

Fuck you, I'm deleting that shit and then when you get nothing I'm going to tell you why. I'm not opening attachments willy nilly in this work environment. There's 500 networked computers here and I'm not going to be the guy that unleashes the ransom virus.

And while I'm on the rant, you fags sending your shit from a phone, if you can't compose a proper business email then get your ass to a legit computer. Fuck you too and Merry Christmas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

When you open your package of Captain's Wafer Honey and Peanut Butter crackers and find that someone in the manufacturing department has forgotten to affix the bottom wafer to half of the package. 

I blame that on the QC guy. Them crackers need to be reworked before getting out the door.

1) "drivers" who don't turn on their lights when its raining
1a) vehicles with tiny and dim tail lights that can barely be seen through the rain and spray (pickups are terrible about this - tail lights never extend onto the tailgate like many hatchbacks SUVs so just exist in a tiny little area.  but of course these same vehicles that can barely be seen from behind have 6 fucking headlights because they've all turned into brodozers from the factory)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Diablo said:

And while I'm on the rant, you fags sending your shit from a phone, if you can't compose a proper business email then get your ass to a legit computer. Fuck you too and Merry Christmas.

I have clients do this all the time. How the fuck to I get your sideways picture that is not an attachment to the e-mail, but embedded in the e-mail into your file? Bitch.