Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Motherfuckers( in my house) who don't close the lids on plastic containers of leftovers and whatnot.

How in the fuck can you be so lazy as to not run your hand around the edge and close it completely?

4 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

Went to a medical appointment today. The Doc comes in the room and greets me by saying "Hi (first name), I'm Dr. (last name).  This pisses me off. Don't mix formal and informal greetings. I'm not a child and you're not my better (I was easily 15 years his senior).  Don't get me wrong. If you want to use an honorific and refer to yourself as Dr. (last name), that's fine- you've earned it.  But if you do, you should refer to me as Mr. (last name) until I tell you otherwise- which I will do. If you'd like to refer to me by my first name (which is actually my preference), you should introduce yourself by your own first and last name. I already know you're a doctor and will use the honorific either way.

People that let meaningless shit like this bother them annoy me. 

But if your dumb annoyance annoys me, I’m not really being any better. That’s annoying.

Back in the day when the sportcenter top 10 was worth watching, I would hate it when 7 out of 10 of the highlights were some basic (for them) baseball diving catch when most of the time they didn't even need to dive to begin with. Unless it was Jim Edmonds on the play. His were always worthy.

14 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

Went to a medical appointment today. The Doc comes in the room and greets me by saying "Hi (first name), I'm Dr. (last name).  This pisses me off. Don't mix formal and informal greetings. I'm not a child and you're not my better (I was easily 15 years his senior).  Don't get me wrong. If you want to use an honorific and refer to yourself as Dr. (last name), that's fine- you've earned it.  But if you do, you should refer to me as Mr. (last name) until I tell you otherwise- which I will do. If you'd like to refer to me by my first name (which is actually my preference), you should introduce yourself by your own first and last name. I already know you're a doctor and will use the honorific either way.

I found a new doctor near my house for a physical 10 or so years ago. 

Doc walks in and introduces himself, "HI there! I'm Dr. Pete!" (his first name). I just looked around and said, I'm sorry, did I accidentally go to a pediatrician, why are you talking to me like I am eight? 

I found a new doctor near my house for a physical 10 or so years ago. 
Doc walks in and introduces himself, "HI there! I'm Dr. Pete!" (his first name). I just looked around and said, I'm sorry, did I accidentally go to a pediatrician, why are you talking to me like I am eight? 

Bad idea if you said that before the prostate exam.

Somebody may have already said this in the prior 77 pages and if so my apologies.

"Toasting" with food. Cut it out, that shit is beyond stupid. I have no idea when this even became a thing, but I'm sure Food Network and Rachel Ray are responsible somehow. Toasting is for booze, fuck off with your food toast. Stop trying to make it a thing.

Edited by BradInATX

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Somebody may have already said this in the prior 77 pages and if so my apologies.

"Toasting" with food. Cut it out, that shit is beyond stupid. I have no idea when this even became a thing, but I'm sure Food Network and Rachel Ray are responsible somehow. Toasting is for booze, fuck off with your food toast. Stop trying to make it a thing.

I've gotta say....I've never seen such a thing. But it sounds idiotic. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BradInATX said:

these fuckers showed up in my youtube feed one day:

bugs this shit out of me they toast with their food.  also, that they're reviewing food and it looks like neither has eaten more than 1200 calories in a day for the last 10 years. 

• Like 1

woman wears same dress to work for 100 days, makes national news:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/11/21/teacher-julia-mooney-sustainable-fashion-one-outfit-100-days/1917538002/

i wear the same pants to work every day, unless i'm wearing jeans, in which case i wear the same jeans i've been wearing since 2012.  why don't i get a news report?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/11/21/teacher-julia-mooney-sustainable-fashion-one-outfit-100-days/1917538002/

i wear the same pants to work every day, unless i'm wearing jeans, in which case i wear the same jeans i've been wearing since 2012.  why don't i get a news report?
I hope she is at least changing her drawers every day.

4 hours ago, elfenix said:

Because you smell like a locker room? 

On 11/27/2018 at 8:10 PM, HenryJames said:

People who go to the hotel breakfast in their pajamas.

This.  We had to stay the night in fucking Norman, OK Saturday night.  In the morning I saw multiple people wearing their pajamas at breakfast.  Just because you put shoes on, doesn't make them not-pajamas.

Just now, You don't know me said:

This.  We had to stay the night in fucking Norman, OK Saturday night.  In the morning I saw multiple people wearing their pajamas at breakfast.  Just because you put shoes on, doesn't make them not-pajamas.

Put a damned robe on at least, and go the fuzzy bunny slipper route.  No reason yon can't have fun with breakfast....

5 minutes ago, You don't know me said:

Fuck that noise, I will drive my happy ass to the first hotel on the other side of the state line, will not be caught dead giving Norman any tax dollars.

• Like 2

You’ve already been at McDonalds for 6 years? Have you been promoted to the fryer yet?

1 hour ago, PvilleStang said:

Fuck that noise, I will drive my happy ass to the first hotel on the other side of the state line, will not be caught dead giving Norman any tax dollars.

Yeah, probably goes in the stupid things that wives do thread, but we were driving back home after spending Thanksgiving in San Antonio.  Left on Saturday because of a winter storm coming down through the midwest.  Wife made reservations at a hotel while I was driving.  After she was done, she says "okay, we have a reservation in Norman".  Ugh.

2 hours ago, You don't know me said:

Yeah, probably goes in the stupid things that wives do thread, but we were driving back home after spending Thanksgiving in San Antonio.  Left on Saturday because of a winter storm coming down through the midwest.  Wife made reservations at a hotel while I was driving.  After she was done, she says "okay, we have a reservation in Norman".  Ugh.

Did you eat dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings or Applebees?

39 minutes ago, VolenteHawk said:

Did you eat dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings or Applebees?

Pulled in pretty late and left early.  Probably the best way to stay in Norman if you must.  Bottom line:  The only meal we ate in Oklahoma was breakfast at the hotel where there were people eating in their pajamas.

In sport - When you know the rules, and people think you're an idiot because you know the rules, and they want to stick to their version of the rules instead.  Example:

I've officiated basketball for 20 years.  While playing with a group of guys this week, the ball hit the top of the back board (not supports, the actual top) then came back into play.  "That's out!"  Me - "No, we're good.  It has to break the plane."  ... "Since when!?"

I love how casual fans think that they know all the rules, and will fight for their idiocy tooth and nail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dewey said:

Good friend of mine, his stepson loves nfl but doesnt follow college ball much. Me having to explain the stupidity of college football to him. The 4 team playoff. Why Clemson is playing 7-5 Pitt in a "championship ". And so on

Yep, and listening to the endless opinions about which four teams should be in a playoff, when all the teams haven't even played out their seasons yet. It's getting as bad as the stupid March brackets.

Good friend of mine, his stepson loves nfl but doesnt follow college ball much. Me having to explain the stupidity of college football to him. The 4 team playoff. Why Clemson is playing 7-5 Pitt in a "championship ". And so on

The only thing I got from that story is that your friend has a special needs stepson
  • Like 3