Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

On 12/20/2018 at 11:28 PM, NorthLoop said:

Speaking of the pickup line -  the other day I took PTO for a Dr's appt and when I drove home past the school there were 20 cars lined up in the pickup line........... at 1pm.... 2 hours before school let out. What is the fucking point of that?

"Oh I don't wanna wait in line for 30 minutes so I wait in line for 2 hours instead" 

"Oh I wait in line for 2 hours so Madysyn is 30 minutes early to cheer practice instead of being on time. " 

Sex with hot soccer moms while waiting?

On 12/21/2018 at 4:28 PM, TexasHooch said:

People who parallel park their shopping carts directly against the meat display at Costco and then proceed to stand their fat ass beside it, effectively boxing out 6 feet of space on a top 5 busiest day of the year.

Galdammit, this^^^.  Weekend before last I had to go to Walmart for something, and as I walk down the aisle I see three female hog college students walking in the opposite direction.  Each of them had to be pushing 3 bills a piece and each one had one of those 2-3 gallon plastic barrels of cheese puffs under each arm walking side by side blocking the whole freaking aisle.  I've never in my life wanted to freak out on someone in public so bad in my life.

• Haha 1

On 12/20/2018 at 7:41 PM, Onboard 2.0 said:

I'm all for a slower speed in a school zone, but that is really a hold over from the days when people walked to their neighborhood school. Now 99% of kids are bussing it in.  You just don't have the numbers of kids converging at all intersections to a school.

I get school zones, but I don't get why they seem to start and end an hour after school starts / ends. I mean how many elementary kids are getting to school an hour early and staying an hour late.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I get school zones, but I don't get why they seem to start and end an hour after school starts / ends. I mean how many elementary kids are getting to school an hour early and staying an hour late.

Elementary and Middle schools have staggered start/end times, School speed zones cover both, since they are in the same area.

4 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

People that take up time on conference calls with bullshit. Mostly women. 6 of us get on and get shit done, then 2 women join late and just want to talk about bullshit and ask about the holidays or weekend and it takes way longer than needed. STFU

I have a client that is similar to this. Hop on a conference call with the client, (sales/marketing leadership) talk through strategy for 30 minutes, and we are about to wrap up. 

Then I hear the dreaded “ding.” CEO of our client’s company hops on the call half an hour late. Mother fucker wants to know what we’ve been talking about. Spend the next 30 minutes rehashing everything we’ve already talked about. 

This son of a bitch does it at least once a month. Sometimes twice. Ass.

Gate agents that make you check your carry on during the return leg of your round trip flight when you got the same bag in the overhead on the prior flight. Oh I assure you dumbass, it’s going to fit. There’s 85 people on this flight. It’s not like we needed the room.

People who take the middle seat next to your aisle seat when the window seat is wide open.

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

People who take the middle seat next to your aisle seat when the window seat is wide open.

Two hour flight delay and they made us deboard. Got back on the plane and still no one in the window seat and still sat next to me in the middle. I just don’t get it.

just got my new tv in.  cant find fucking screws to attach stand to the tv.  called samsung support and they said 'yeah it happens sometimes that the screws are missing'.  well fuck the container just has manuals, remote, battery, tv, and the base.... it aint like an ikea chest and i misplaced the goddamn thing somewhere. 

also the tv has no analog in/out and i want to hook up an HTPC with analog out so pffff

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

just got my new tv in.  cant find fucking screws to attach stand to the tv.  called samsung support and they said 'yeah it happens sometimes that the screws are missing'. 

the manual says screws are m4*14mm... drove to the store and found m4*16mm in the same thread pitch as my outgoing samsung tv.  went home, shaved the length with a rotary tool.....

..turns out its the wrong goddamn pitch.  went back to the store to get screws in the right pitch.... got home, realized they snuck the fucking OEM screws here

imgur

goddamn you samsung, i was looking for a loose satchel, not something flush in the recess of the tv base.

also, my htpc (2014 mac mini) cant push 4k resolution.  and the tv receiver - from the national flagship telecom - only does 720p/1080i, with no option for a more advanced unit.  what is this 1980?

19 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Weekend before last I had to go to Walmart for something, and as I walk down the aisle I see three female hog college students walking in the opposite direction.  Each of them had to be pushing 3 bills a piece and each one had one of those 2-3 gallon plastic barrels of cheese puffs under each arm walking side by side blocking the whole freaking aisle.  I've never in my life wanted to freak out on someone in public so bad in my life.

Vic Mackey's letter to Penthouse Forum?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

People that take up time on conference calls with bullshit. Mostly women. 6 of us get on and get shit done, then 2 women join late and just want to talk about bullshit and ask about the holidays or weekend and it takes way longer than needed. STFU

Some assholedid this last year on a group dove hunt, and motions for everyone who was standing around to stop talking. I didn't know the guy, or I would've laughed and said "fuck off or walk far enough away that you can't hear us". 

On 12/25/2018 at 9:09 PM, Okie State said:
On 12/25/2018 at 9:06 PM, RollLeft said:
Since when did Mariah Carey's All i want for Christmas is You make the rotation of Christmas classics?  That song sucks ass.  

Asked this exact same question yesterday. I have no clue.

Saw a news crawl that said it broke the Spotify request for play with 10.8 million requests. Apparently, somebody not named me likes it. 

What is it with Austin drivers and wanting to sit in your blind spot? Made a trip down to Austin today. Driving down MoPac, not too crowded, need to change lanes. Look back, guy in my blind spot. Speed up to create some space so I don't cut him off. He speeds up. Okay, asshole, you don't want me in front of you. Slow down to slide in behind him. He slows down and stays on my quarter panel. What the hell, dude? I've varied speed by 20 mph to get you off my quarter panel and you're still hanging on there like I'm your lead blocker on a sweep. Finally, floorboard and get enough space before he can react, and change lanes. Yes, I used the turn signal.

MoPac has to have the goofiest drivers anywhere. So many people texting, eating something, and drinking coffee while they drive down the road.