Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Dumbshits who step off the escalator and just stop not certain of which way to go.  Hello, dumbass, people are right behind you with no where to go.   Move forward several yards so people can get off the escalator.  I almost had to push a guy out the way today but I was just barely able to go around him.  

• Like 2

Three cars in a row this morning at a protected left turn waited for the car in front of them to fully clear the intersection before proceeding. The orthogonal road was clear and free flowing. Zero risk if getting stuck in the intersection. 100% risk of fucking me on the light turning red.

Home Depot parking lots are the fucking worst.
I was there yesterday during lunch. Monday afternoon lot 45-50%full. I'm a pull througher when I park so I dont have to back out.. especially with a pretty open lot. Some asshole parks 1 foot from my tailgate so I have to pull ahead to open it and put my totes in the truck bed.

I know pull throughers strike a nerve with some of you but fuck. Park next to me dickface. Not behind me

4 hours ago, elfenix said:

Butchered crepe myrtles
923d7ef00acfeb417cd7cc3a542fcc5e.jpg

Never owned a crepe myrtle. Very beautiful. Now that I live in the north isn't going to be anytime soon.

There was an incident in Ohio about five years ago in which some kids cut down twenty-five trees on their high school campus as a senior prank

https://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2014/05/12/Marion-tree-cutting-charges.html

Thinking about that still makes me surly but I wouldn't call that trivial.

Anyhow, I was looking up crepe myrtles. They don't seem too bad. Or are they? I honestly don't know.

13 hours ago, HouTex said:

Dumbshits who step off the escalator and just stop not certain of which way to go.  Hello, dumbass, people are right behind you with no where to go.   Move forward several yards so people can get off the escalator.  I almost had to push a guy out the way today but I was just barely able to go around him.  

Yeahhhhh Kenny Chesney fans (and for this thread, taking a video in goddamn portrait orientation):

2 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

Yeahhhhh Kenny Chesney fans (and for this thread, taking a video in goddamn portrait orientation):

dumb fuck in the blue shirt with plaid shorts thought he was being helpful, trying to move the girl out of the way... except he himself was behind her and blocking everyone else's egress.

i see more and more in every day life people who hesitate getting on escalators... they stand there miffed, and jab one unsure foot at it, not sure when they should commit.  its some weird mental block. 

my dog does the same thing. but shes a fucking dog.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

You mean to tell me the lead car actually pulled forward past the cross walk so they could make left when traffic opened up rather than having to first pull forward?!?!?

I don't believe you jpg

No. The protected left arrow was green. First car (after mandatory 5 second delay) proceeds through the intersection executing left turn. Second car waits for first car to completely clear intersection before following. Third car waits for second car to completely clear intersection before following.

44 minutes ago, Llogg said:

No. The protected left arrow was green. First car (after mandatory 5 second delay) proceeds through the intersection executing left turn. Second car waits for first car to completely clear intersection before following. Third car waits for second car to completely clear intersection before following.

That is rage.  I hope you were on the horn within 5 seconds.

I'm sure it's like this at every Wal-Mart in the world but there are two large automatic doors at the entrance/exit that clearly say "ENTER" and "EXIT". I use the proper one every time and every time I do someone is using the improper one. The doors are big enough for both of us to get through but I always walk right though the middle, look at them and look up at the sign.

5 minutes ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

The doors are big enough for both of us to get through but I always walk right though the middle, look at them and look up at the sign.

Like that's going to bother anybody who shops at WalMart.  You should grab the big barrel of cheese balls that's in their cart and run off, now that would bother them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The inability for people to get through traffic lights makes me the most ragey when driving. Either proceeding through the light after sitting there on red or turning left on a protected left arrow. People sit way too fucking long and leave huge gaps in between the car in front of them and this has a domino effect all the way back. Almost every single light cycle anywhere around, an additional 5 or 6 cars in each lane could have gone through at any given time had people just kept it fucking moving. 

• Like 2

On 1/8/2019 at 9:45 PM, BearSchlong said:

Fuck crepe myrtles. Beautiful but they make such a huge mess. I have 4 of them just off my front porch. Mine get butchered in February, gotta cut the previous years dead ends.

There is a huge fucking list of things I will not miss when I leave College Station, and a great many of them are aggy related, but there's another: my neighbors across the street have three huge crepe myrtles. They at least prune them correctly, so they aren't unhealthy like those above are undoubtedly going to become, but it doesn't change the fact that even from 50 feet away, they spread that goopy, gluey, sappy, shit-tastic crap all over my front fence, my mailbox, my driveway, my garden path, my front door, and if I park out front because I'm in a hurry, my car.

I hate those fucking things, and will absolutely not miss them.

Happened to me twice in the last couple of days.

H-E-B was open, got into what I though would be a quick line and the dude in front of me broke up his groceries into 3 transactions.

Had lunch at Freebirds yesterday and the fat bitch in front of me was ordering for 4 people and paid 4 different orders, here’s a card for this one, here’s cash for this one, here’s another card, etc. so the cashier had to ring up 4 different transactions.

14 hours ago, elfenix said:

when things are called barriers that aren't barriers.  a $700 price level isn't a "barrier." 

the sound barrier is a barrier because it looks like this:

400px-Transonic_Range.png

why wouldnt the purchasing likelihood, or a projected sales number, etc, look exactly like that when graphed against price with 700$ as the inflection point?

22 hours ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

I'm sure it's like this at every Wal-Mart in the world but there are two large automatic doors at the entrance/exit that clearly say "ENTER" and "EXIT". I use the proper one every time and every time I do someone is using the improper one. The doors are big enough for both of us to get through but I always walk right though the middle, look at them and look up at the sign.

Conformist. If they cared, they wouldn't put sensors on both sides of both doors. 

On 1/8/2019 at 3:26 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I was there yesterday during lunch. Monday afternoon lot 45-50%full. I'm a pull througher when I park so I dont have to back out.. especially with a pretty open lot. Some asshole parks 1 foot from my tailgate so I have to pull ahead to open it and put my totes in the truck bed.

I know pull throughers strike a nerve with some of you but fuck. Park next to me dickface. Not behind me

Going to have to disagree with you on this one.  You are calling others dickface for parking in a spot?  If you plan on loading stuff into the back of your vehicle, don’t do the pull through parking job!

• Like 7

On 1/8/2019 at 12:26 PM, HouTex said:

See also: getting off the plane

GTFO of the way, motherfuckers.  You might try walking towards transportation, rental cars,  baggage claim,or any of the sequentially numbered fucking gates...your choice, but move your ass!

See those fucking signs?  Read em and follow them to your gotdam destination.

Edited by slorch

On 1/8/2019 at 9:45 PM, BearSchlong said:

Fuck crepe myrtles. Beautiful but they make such a huge mess. I have 4 of them just off my front porch. Mine get butchered in February, gotta cut the previous years dead ends.

agreed.

Still have one in my front flower bed that have continually chopped down to the ground.  Poured Roundup on it like I was trying to drown it.  I have set it on fire.  That sumbeech is tougher than a motherfucker.

Why can't regular grass be that badass?

Fed. Fucking. Ex.

Jesus, the explanation is simple: you delivered my fucking package to the wrong address. I don't really need to hold for 30 minutes while you verify this fact and get the driver to re-deliver it. I don't need you to come back on the phone every 2 minutes to paraphrase in a new and convoluted way the exact same thing you told me the first time; I just need you to fucking re-deliver the fucking package.

I usually hate speaker phone, but this is the only thing it is actually good for. Eventually they will say what they should have said 30 minutes ago.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Fed. Fucking. Ex.

Jesus, the explanation is simple: you delivered my fucking package to the wrong address. I don't really need to hold for 30 minutes while you verify this fact and get the driver to re-deliver it. I don't need you to come back on the phone every 2 minutes to paraphrase in a new and convoluted way the exact same thing you told me the first time; I just need you to fucking re-deliver the fucking package.

I usually hate speaker phone, but this is the only thing it is actually good for. Eventually they will say what they should have said 30 minutes ago.

It's the brave motherfucker that takes a job doing deliveries in B/CS.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Fed. Fucking. Ex.

dry-cleaning-shrunk-seinfeld.jpg?w=800&h

• Like 2

Pulse drivers. 

Those individuals who absolutely cannot hold the gas pedal steady while driving, and instead are constantly coming on and off the pedal. I'm on an Uber ride right now from Dulles into DC and this driver is no shit pumping the gas pedal at 30-45 rpm. I'm getting both whiplash and motion sickness....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Buffsoldier said:

Pulse drivers. 

Those individuals who absolutely cannot hold the gas pedal steady while driving, and instead are constantly coming on and off the pedal. I'm on an Uber ride right now from Dulles into DC and this driver is no shit pumping the gas pedal at 30-45 rpm. I'm getting both whiplash and motion sickness....

The wife and her mother in law both drive like that. You get sea sick riding with them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougO said:

Runny noses and the complete worthless OTC cold medications, thanks to the fucktard meth heads that got all the good ones taken off the market.

Many of the products containing pseudoephedrine are still OTC but kept behind the counter for theft reasons. You might try asking at the counter.