Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

This is so wrong and I'm really sick of hearing this nonsense. The best coffee is from a local shop that roasts in house (or sources from a real roaster usually local). McDs and Dunkin are just Folgers with a little more caffeine. It's thin and boring as fuck. Starbucks is somewhere in between. Miles ahead of McDs but not nearly as good as local strong coffee (or my preference an Americano).

9af1bec11e777da681500cdc54fdb51e.jpg

Along with Chik-fil-A, Starbucks is as overrated.  

41 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Vic with the contrarian take. Not something you see every day. 

Something you also don't see everyday. Specifically pointing out my opinion when there were a few others who actually brought up said opinion before me. You do this all the time.

But fast food is serious business on here. 

Edited by Vic Mackey

Chick-fil-A is fine.  Hate the "no Sunday" thing, because the place we stay in Ames for home games is right across the road and it always sounds awesome when I'm hungover after a day of tailgating.

@'stache is on point in the coffee discussion.  Starbuck's is overrated, but it's still pretty good and when you're travelling it's the kind of place you can find near the highway and it blows McDonald's out of the water.

18 hours ago, ztejas said:

Old people (like gray hairs - talking 70+) at movies that think they can make as much fucking noise as they want, leave and come back in the loudest way possible four times during the movie, hold an audible conversation at any point they feel like, bitch at Martha because "we're sitting in the wrong seats", drop a glass beer bottle 40 minutes in and just generally act like they are the only people in attendance. 

This is not all gray hairs - but it is an observed trend. I paid more for the ticket than you did, you probably see 3 movies a week because you have the time and expendable income to do so, so please act like an adult, shut the fuck up and be courteous to the rest of the theater. You aren't 13 fucking years old. I'll hold the door for you, I'll help you with your groceries, I'll let you cut me in line, but once the lights go down and the opening credits roll, please. For the love of God, please. Try to pretend like you're being quiet. 

/rant

This is one reason I will not go to Alamo DH or any other theater that serves all kinds of food (beer is ok).

Bad enough that I have to sit there and listen to some asshole with a tub of popcorn bigger than his head crunching that shit right behind me but someone eating nachos sends me over the edge.

I am starting a new line of movie houses with multiple rows that have headphone jacks that you can use.

Rent some or bring your on. Bluetooth also available.

18 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Something you also don't see everyday. Specifically pointing out my opinion when there were a few others who actually brought up said opinion before me. You do this all the time.

But fast food is serious business on here. 

They are trolling. You aren't

3 hours ago, slorch said:

It's like Popeye's doesn't exist...LOlz.

Popeye's used to be my go-to for ff fried chicken but the last few times I've been, it's really sucked.  Their spicy chicken used to be spicy, now....not so much.  Pieces are also scrawny AF.

I don't know if they backed off the spice to appeal to a wider demographic or not but I won't be going to anymore Popeye's anytime soon.  

Golden Chick w/ their Zing powder is my go-to now. 

• Like 1

Popeye's used to be my go-to for ff fried chicken but the last few times I've been, it's really sucked.  Their spicy chicken used to be spicy, now....not so much.  Pieces are also scrawny AF.
I don't know if they backed off the spice to appeal to a wider demographic or not but I won't be going to anymore Popeye's anytime soon.  
Golden Chick w/ their Zing powder is my go-to now. 

I’ll add the Popeyes around me must not obey the rules because I get the runs almost every time.

1 hour ago, GottaB said:

I hate when the trash collector puts my bin somewhere other than where I left it. I place it on the curb closest to where I will return it. They leave it on the opposite side of the driveway.

right in the center of driveway.

Hey motherfucker..we have to park before we retrieve our trashcans.  

Also: leaving them off the curb in the street. 1) it narrows the street by 4-6 feet if done on both sides and 2) put the sumbeech back where you found it, ya idgit.

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:
On 1/23/2019 at 10:29 AM, F250 said:
People in Texas that wish they lived up north where it snows. That is a miserable existence that causes people with SAD to off themselves. Appreciate the fact that you can participate in outdoor activities in the middle of January.

I'm going skiing in the snow today.

How quaint.....  Hitting it for the last day in about 20 minutes.

6 hours ago, slorch said:

It's like Popeye's doesn't exist...LOlz.

There was a Popeye's a few miles from an old job. They had these meal deals every day that were $4. Had it all the time (probably more than I should have). Popeye's would probably be my favorite chain type chicken places. Next would be William's and Church's (mainly for their biscuits). 

But I have heard the overall quality of Popeye's has dropped over the years. I couldn't say since I rarely eat chain chicken places any longer. I think the last one I had was Church's.

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

Chick-Fil-a  is expensive AF for what you get.

Agreed completely. And the chicken sandwich you get is nothing special. Hell the chicken sandwiches at places like Church's, Popeyes and Williams are much better. And more filling. Now I need to take a trip to a Popeye's or Church's soon.

Had Church’s in SA back in November, was pretty disappointed with it, nothing like I remember.  The pieces were small and for having just opened up for business, chicken wasn’t all that hot.  Although I do like their biscuits, I miss the rolls they served back in my working days for them.  Always made for great little wing sandwiches, breast or thighs also.