Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

16 hours ago, Okie State said:
20 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:
You had to replace a $600 sensor connected to the odometer on my 5 series BMW to replace a bad high beam switch.  And, a dealer has to replace it to re calibrate the odometer which costs $600 in labor in addition to the part that should be a $25 plug and play high beam switch.  Made me pissed enough to not buy another BMW since then.

Yeah I shouldn't complain. My Infiniti was actually surprisingly easy to work on. I disassembled and reassembled the entire front end suspension in my garage over a weekend with nothing but hand tools and an impact.

Generally true but my '08 G that I've hung on to because it's not worth anything, requires a pretty ridiculous amount of disassembly to get the battery out.  It was less work to replace the damn steering wheel.

Generally true but my '08 G that I've hung on to because it's not worth anything, requires a pretty ridiculous amount of disassembly to get the battery out.  It was less work to replace the damn steering wheel.

Mine was a first gen 2005 sedan and I don't remember the battery being anything out of the ordinary, but it's been a few years.

Looking up recipes online and instead of getting the basic step by step process...you get a blog from some stay at home soccer mom that rambles about how easy this recipe is for such a busy lifestyle that she lives that its eaten 2 or 3 times a month(OK more like 5 or 6!!).

Great now they have me doing it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I am confused when I see people say this.  I can ninja edit and I've come back 10s of minutes later and still been able to edit.  

any edit i do gets "edited x minutes ago"

like right now

Edited by elfenix

32 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

well maybe i'm the idiot then. but I feel like if it's within seconds after it doesn't show.

maybe.  nope, i'm the idiot.

We had a few minutes grace period to edit a post at the old site without it being labeled as edited. That functionality was lost in the move. 

5 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Motherfuckers that will not turn right on a red at an intersection.

Motherfuckers that don't turn into their lane. The road both sides are turning onto is a 4 lane road, there is plenty of room for both sides to be turning at the same time, yet your stupid ass sits there until the other side is empty, causing all of us to miss the light and have to sit there another 5 fucking minutes for the next cycle

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Felix said:

When outlook says I have an unread email in my inbox and I don't. 

I have 5 in my deleted box that have been there for over a year. It deletes everything when I close Outlook...yet those 5 remain.

Trivial, but bothersome just the same.

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Just a bit of clarification.

Disagree with this on the grounds that the entire situation described is a perfectly acceptable antecedent for the pronoun "that". This is not to suggest that "they" are not the worst -- they almost certainly are -- just that the intent of the original statement seems clearly to refer to the situation of other people on the road rather than the people themselves.

40 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Disagree with this on the grounds that the entire situation described is a perfectly acceptable antecedent for the pronoun "that". This is not to suggest that "they" are not the worst -- they almost certainly are -- just that the intent of the original statement seems clearly to refer to the situation of other people on the road rather than the people themselves.

Aaaaaaaaaall riiiiiighty then.....  

3 hours ago, immortal13 said:

Motherfuckers that will not turn right on a red at an intersection.

3 hours ago, JSB said:

Motherfuckers that don't turn into their lane. The road both sides are turning onto is a 4 lane road, there is plenty of room for both sides to be turning at the same time, yet your stupid ass sits there until the other side is empty, causing all of us to miss the light and have to sit there another 5 fucking minutes for the next cycle

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Other people on the road when I'm driving....

For the umpteen millionth time, people that don't think anything traffic-related hasn't already been posted umpteen million times in this thread.

5 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

For the umpteen millionth time, people that don't think anything traffic-related hasn't already been posted umpteen million times in this thread.

It never gets old. I could swap stories for hours. As long as I've been driving and as much stupidity as I've seen from other drivers, I'm still amazed by it all. And every time I think I've seen it all, someone surprises me with a new low of dumbfuckery. 

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It never gets old. I could swap stories for hours. As long as I've been driving and as much stupidity as I've seen from other drivers, I'm still amazed by it all. And every time I think I've seen it all, someone surprises me with a new low of dumbfuckery. 

And a new low in dumbfuckery would be great to report in this thread.  But the same thing posted 500 times is a beating.

People who insist on backing into their parking spots, and then absolutely suck at it. I blame rear view cameras for this latest scourge of stupidity. 

Yeah you can always tell who’s been doing it everyday for years and who decides that damn it today is the day they back the Suburban in at HEB even if it takes 20 corrective j-turns.

Typically, it isn’t a hand in his white work truck.
84e2a8d2f618401a2a00c04a5e779203.jpg
Call me big daddy when you back dat ass up.

5 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

And a new low in dumbfuckery would be great to report in this thread.  But the same thing posted 500 times is a beating.

Some of the stories I could tell are beyond trivial. Some would be tough to describe without graphics.

But the story of the guy who speeds up when you try to pass him, slows back down when you give up, then speeds up again when you try to pass, never gets old. The psychology is baffling. The solution is to step on the gas and zoom past. Then you can resume your previous speed and he'll resume his, slowly fading away in the distance in your rearview mirror.

I actually had that happen with a semi a few weeks ago coming home from poker at almost midnight. I think that was a first. When I eventually passed him he faded in the mirror remarkably quickly. 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 2:15 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

Don't read any more posts in this thread.  Problem solved, you don't have to see umpteenth time posts, and we don't have to listen to you bitch and whine.  

So any way, this one time at a box intersection...

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 2