Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

The guy in first class today does his best Jacksonville Jaguars impression trying to appeal to us to do something I guess? Then muttered “empty first class but all the bin space is full, ammirite?!?”
well you should have boarded with the 1’s like everyone else dude. Planes are serious business and travelers are wild animals.

My theory has always been that first class should board last. However, the FA’s should not allow any passengers in lower classes to use the overhead bins in first. You would also be allowed to preorder your beverages so that they would have them on your tray when you are seated in first.

On 2/7/2019 at 12:02 PM, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I’m not sure if this one is on me or not but one thing that makes me surly is when you are trying to coordinate with someone or get a call scheduled, the person says “my calendar is up to date”. 

Yes, I imagine it is, if you have any degree of organization, but what it means is basically “I’m too lazy to give you any open windows of times/dates for you to choose from so go open up a shared calendar and wait for it to load and do the leg work for me thnx”

It’s especially annoying when the person is wide open. And they are the one requesting the meeting. 😐

When I worked for an F100 company in a mid-level role (eg strategy), I always had to meet with SVPs and EVPs. It was seen as rude to just send an invite to these guys so the polite way would be to request time in email to show respect.  Them replying my calendar.....was seen as I’m flexible and more senior so just send an invite.  I showed respect but needed by giving a heads up in email, and they put the onus on me to calendar. 

Edited by tucker

Some of the shows I watch have a preview at the beginning.  Gold Rush Alaska (yeah, I know) is a one hour show.  Take away the ads, and it's closer to 40 mins.  At the beginning, they place 2-3 mins of previews for the current episode.  I don't need a preview for the GD show I'm about to watch.

10 hours ago, tucker said:

When I worked for an F100 company in a mid-level role (eg strategy), I always had to meet with SVPs and EVPs. It was seen as rude to just send an invite to these guys so the polite way would be to request time in email to show respect.  Them replying my calendar.....was seen as I’m flexible and more senior so just send an invite.  I showed respect but needed by giving a heads up in email, and they put the onus on me to calendar. 

Did you just use calendar as a verb?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, elfenix said:
2 hours ago, davidg said:

mfer's that say sweet tea. It's iced tea and you can get it sweetened or not.

you people are the reason they ask if I want sweet when I ask for iced. Iced tea has no sugar and sweet tea has a shitload.

Not if it's done correctly it doesn't.  The trick to sweet tea is just enough sugar to have a slightly sweetened flavor, while not over powering the actual tea flavor. I don't wanna grind my teeth on sugar granules.

On 2/9/2019 at 10:03 PM, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

My theory has always been that first class should board last. However, the FA’s should not allow any passengers in lower classes to use the overhead bins in first. You would also be allowed to preorder your beverages so that they would have them on your tray when you are seated in first.

Nah. Planes should board Window / Center / Aisle.

Fuck all those Window seaters who get on the plane last and cause everyone to get up.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 5:25 PM, Lone Star Horn said:

but isn't this where you want it? an even difficulty level. it's makes you a better player to get a challenge, makes you feel better when you do win. 

Not necessarily-- not like every single game. I mean that one the one level, I beat EVERYONE 49-7 whether OU or Kansas. On the other level it's 14-13, whether OU or Kansas. I'm exaggerating slightly, but only just.

Edited by SwanderedTalent

22 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Not if it's done correctly it doesn't.  The trick to sweet tea is just enough sugar to have a slightly sweetened flavor, while not over powering the actual tea flavor. I don't wanna grind my teeth on sugar granules.

No place of business should offer fucking sweet tea.

If you want sweet tea put your own god damned sugar in it.

Pussies for drinking it sweet anyway.

• Like 3

If you grind your teeth on the granules that is tea with sugar in it. Not sweet tea.

#teamnosugarwithlemon

1 hour ago, Okie State said:
5 hours ago, HouTex said:
Calling anything with alcohol, especially whiskey, "juice."  

Can't say I've ever heard this.

I joined some bourbon groups on facebook and it is very prevalent to call bourbon "juice." At least wine started as juice. Whiskey is not juice, god damnit.

• Like 1

Some of the shows I watch have a preview at the beginning.  Gold Rush Alaska (yeah, I know) is a one hour show.  Take away the ads, and it's closer to 40 mins.  At the beginning, they place 2-3 mins of previews for the current episode.  I don't need a preview for the GD show I'm about to watch.

That happens in repetition for all of HGtV. Not just the show but each segment. There is a preview. A full segment. And a sneak peak of the next segment.

20 minutes of video cut an multiplied to 40 minutes of content spliced with commercials to make 60 minutes of programming. Fuck I hate that channel.
  • Like 1