Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Cyclists riding on scenic roads in the hill country really piss me off, especially when they ride in big groups.

Saturday morning I was hauling a trailer behind a farmer driving a tractor up a very small windy road with about three miles of straight incline. Some cycling club decided to use the road for a ride and created a cluster fuck.

Most of them were huffing and puffing and moving about 1 MPH and refusing to just get off the fucking road. Their sense of entitlement to the road just drives me crazy.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Cyclists riding on scenic roads in the hill country really piss me off, especially when they ride in big groups.

Saturday morning I was hauling a trailer behind a farmer driving a tractor up a very small windy road with about three miles of straight incline. Some cycling club decided to use the road for a ride and created a cluster fuck.

Most of them were huffing and puffing and moving about 1 MPH and refusing to just get off the fucking road. Their sense of entitlement to the road just drives me crazy.

Cow Catchers on cars sounds lie a great idea.  Cyclists are the most entitled fucks on the road.  Worse than BMW drivers...

Another - I live in a rural area, where roads are pretty much blocked off in actual square miles. Long, straight roads.  A train track intersects the north/sound roads.  Every mile there is a crossing, except a shut down crossing (B), leaving a 2-mile stretch between crossings (A) and (C).  A perfect place for a train to stop is to stop right before C, block B, and probably leave A open as well.  Instead, the train stops right after C, blocking D in the process, leaving B open.

Should be:

=========== D =========== C =========== B =========== A

Was:

5 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Another - I live in a rural area, where roads are pretty much blocked off in actual square miles. Long, straight roads.  A train track intersects the north/sound roads.  Every mile there is a crossing, except a shut down crossing (B), leaving a 2-mile stretch between crossings (A) and (C).  A perfect place for a train to stop is to stop right before C, block B, and probably leave A open as well.  Instead, the train stops right after C, blocking D in the process, leaving B open.

Should be:

Was:

MOTHER FUCKING BASTARDS !!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Should be:

Was:

I was told there would be no Algebra.

3 hours ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Should be:

Was:

train in your second example is 27 = long and so would have to block 2 crossings

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Should be:

Was:

giphy.webp

• Like 2

Another - I live in a rural area, where roads are pretty much blocked off in actual square miles. Long, straight roads.  A train track intersects the north/sound roads.  Every mile there is a crossing, except a shut down crossing (B), leaving a 2-mile stretch between crossings (A) and ©.  A perfect place for a train to stop is to stop right before C, block B, and probably leave A open as well.  Instead, the train stops right after C, blocking D in the process, leaving B open.
Should be:
Was:
.d4926589dee247229e3ec72e190f3caa.gif
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

The SOB that steps directly in front of me at the baggage carousel to stand directly next to conveyor.

This. We’re not in MFing Hong Kong, we can afford a little breathing room. Just cause I’m not dryhumping the conveyer doesn’t mean I’m standing here for my health

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

weeds from the 3 neighbors on either side that infests my carefully maintained lawn.  My entire street is weeds and i spend a lot on fertilizer/weeder that fails every spring because of them. 

My hood has similar demographics and issues.  However, ours also has a too-many-cars-for-not-enough-garage problem.   Lots of cars on the curb and blocking the sidewalks.  It makes walking my dog less enjoyable and a tad more dangerous. 

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

My hood has similar demographics and issues.  However, ours also has a too-many-cars-for-not-enough-garage problem.   Lots of cars on the curb and blocking the sidewalks.  It makes walking my dog less enjoyable and a tad more dangerous. 

blocking the sidewalk can earn a ticket from city compliance.  I got one, visiting Canada of all places, for parking about 3 feet of car on the sidewalk at night for 90 minutes.  Checked with people here in TX and that rule applies too, rarely enforced though.

5 minutes ago, NowThis said:

blocking the sidewalk can earn a ticket from city compliance.  I got one, visiting Canada of all places, for parking about 3 feet of car on the sidewalk at night for 90 minutes.  Checked with people here in TX and that rule applies too, rarely enforced though.

We, literally, have a police station at the edge of our neighborhood.  No fucks given. 

4 hours ago, thestud said:

I fucking despise the people that stand six inches away from the elevator door and try to get on before anyone has had time to exit.

4 hours ago, Incredulity said:

The SOB that steps directly in front of me at the baggage carousel to stand directly next to conveyor.

I love both of these.  It's the only time I get to legitimately shoulder check someone.  Funny thing is, not one of these idiots ever complains about getting checked.

Just now, SHOOTER12 said:

If they can afford the house note...fine.

If they cannot afford the routine maintenance and upkeep?  Fuck em NO, they cant afford to live there.

they can, they're just lazy.  Only 2 or 3 bad yards are needed to spoil an entire street. One guy even redid his entire front with the expensive grass and after the 2nd winter, it's plagued.

HOA cares a little, depends on the manager which keeps changing, some are strict, some are lax. That's the world i live in, pain! 

3 hours ago, NowThis said:

weeds from the 3 neighbors on either side that infests my carefully maintained lawn.  My entire street is weeds and i spend a lot on fertilizer/weeder that fails every spring because of them. 

3 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I hate salad on plates, anyway. Ought to be in a bowl.

Topical:  We pick wild greens on a regular basis. Tasty, tasty salads. Of course, we're hippie freaks living in a hippie freak neighborhood, so I can't really imagine most HOA's would be cool with it, but what the hell.

We use bowls, though, because we may be freaks, but we're civilized freaks.

41 minutes ago, NowThis said:

they can, they're just lazy.  Only 2 or 3 bad yards are needed to spoil an entire street. One guy even redid his entire front with the expensive grass and after the 2nd winter, it's plagued.

HOA cares a little, depends on the manager which keeps changing, some are strict, some are lax. That's the world i live in, pain! 

Lazy? Then they need to pay someone to do it...if they can afford it.

Letting that mess go only encourages others (new residents) to do it and pretty soon...bye bye property values.

11 hours ago, Okie State said:

Doesn't really make me surly, but speaking of lawn care, I think I'm the only one in my neighborhood who mows and maintains my own yard. Nobody works on their own cars anymore either. Just seems odd, but maybe I'm the strange one.

I've pretty much always done my own due to the fact I really enjoy it.

Just now, SwanderedTalent said:

that pretty much sounds like one of those pinnacle of Western civilization things that's gone by the wayside

Well we were also young and poor, first house out in the country.  I did it for about 10years.  I enjoyed it, then when the son and daughter came along they'd ride along for a while. Great memories of that time for sure.

I like my free time better now then pushing a mower.  I still cut the yard at least once a summer just to say I can, but choose not to.

24 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Used to love riding the mower, cutting about 2 acres out behind the house. Little cooler of beer under a nearby tree, and a baseball game in the headphones.  

That's what I'm talkin about brother, solitude the smell of fresh-cut grass and a mild buzz, cant be at it.

19 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Well we were also young and poor, first house out in the country.  I did it for about 10years.  I enjoyed it, then when the son and daughter came along they'd ride along for a while. Great memories of that time for sure.

I like my free time better now then pushing a mower.  I still cut the yard at least once a summer just to say I can, but choose not to.

I compare it to the time when UT football was on TV a few times a year. That wasn't BETTER than being able to see every single game like you can today, but it made you appreciate the games you COULD see-- it was a big fucking deal when we were on TV. And when we weren't, you had the radio on, following along. Not better than today, exactly, but kind of bittersweet. It's hard to be more excited than I was listening to a game in Mom's kitchen when I was ten years old, waiting to see if that FG was going to be good or not and the explosion of excitement when it missed and we won.

Edited by SwanderedTalent