Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

44 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Restaurants that put fries in some auxiliary container whether it be a cup or vase or basket or some shit. Talking about sit down restaurants where I'm obviously not eating in the car. 

Just dump em on my plate. We aren't at Le Bernardin. 

corollary: the astros no longer use a 32 ounce cup for chili cheese fries.  that was a perfect vessel.  as you pulled fries, chili and cheese perfectly redistributed so that no fry was dry.  now they just use the standard paper boats and it's not near as good.  also, i think you get less. 

• Like 1

Calling customer service and being told by a recording for 2 straight minutes how to access basic information by viewing your account online. Bitch, I fucking know this, like everyone else. I spent 5 minutes clicking around to find this hidden phone number because I have a unique issue that requires a human. Customer service is such shit these days.

16 minutes ago, elfenix said:

corollary: the astros no longer use a 32 ounce cup for chili cheese fries.  that was a perfect vessel.  as you pulled fries, chili and cheese perfectly redistributed so that no fry was dry.  now they just use the standard paper boats and it's not near as good.  also, i think you get less. 

But that's a ballpark setting - where you want them to be portable and convenient. I'm talking like next to a burger or sandwich on a plate.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

But that's a ballpark setting - where you want them to be portable and convenient. I'm talking like next to a burger or sandwich on a plate.

i know.  it's a corollary because in most settings the plate is the perfect vessel and you don't need/want a separate fry cup.  i'm also quite surly about the change from the perfect vessel to a shitty boat.

Edited by elfenix

3 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Epson is making a killing on all the ink they are selling for their printers to CVS.

I like CVS but that shit pisses me off.

They probably haven't used ink in 10 years...

Have I gone off on my "CD quality audio" rant lately and how monty @ xiph has somehow miseducated an entire generation of would-be audiophiles by somehow getting all the details right but missing the big picture?

Because that's a thing.

Seriously, for the love of God, just one more byte per sample per channel is all I ask. Please.

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Restaurants that put fries in some auxiliary container whether it be a cup or vase or basket or some shit. Talking about sit down restaurants where I'm obviously not eating in the car. 

Just dump em on my plate. We aren't at Le Bernardin. 

Going to a group outing, and there's a shared basket of fries, onion rings, what have you... and some bastard squirts ketchup out directly onto everything in the basket. I'll cut a motherfucker. I don't want anything on my fries but salt and pepper, asshole.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Going to a group outing, and there's a shared basket of fries, onion rings, what have you... and some bastard squirts ketchup out directly onto everything in the basket. I'll cut a motherfucker. I don't want anything on my fries but salt and pepper, asshole.

Why the fuck would someone do this? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Usually those things are a single car depth machine, and you sit at the keypad to set up the wash purchase...  different in your neck of the woods ?

it's a big mister car wash, 3 lanes, pull up, in my case it reads the RFID tag for my subscription, gate opens when it's my turn and that's my turn. 

7 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Have I gone off on my "CD quality audio" rant lately and how monty @ xiph has somehow miseducated an entire generation of would-be audiophiles by somehow getting all the details right but missing the big picture?

Because that's a thing.

Seriously, for the love of God, just one more byte per sample per channel is all I ask. Please.

• Like 1

When you're in the holy shit or lol thread on tapa and you click on a reddit link. you can't just hit your back button on your phone naturally to get back to tapa because it brings you to reddit search etc. Now I have to slide my thumb all of the way over at hit home and then tapa again to continue surly browsing

Listening to sports talking heads on the radio......"right" is about to overtake "literally" ,  "at the end of the day" and "let's be honest" as required statements.

He is a good QB, right? He wants a big contract, right? He is going to get drafted in the first round, right?.... At first I thought it was just this Alex Marvez character. I still don't know who he is. But it seems to be about every other guest on whatever show I am listening to.

and for the corporate-speak guru's...the word "future" is outdated. It is now "on a go-forward basis".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BladeRunnerRock said:

Listening to sports talking heads on the radio......"right" is about to overtake "literally" ,  "at the end of the day" and "let's be honest" as required statements.

He is a good QB, right? He wants a big contract, right? He is going to get drafted in the first round, right?.... At first I thought it was just this Alex Marvez character. I still don't know who he is. But it seems to be about every other guest on whatever show I am listening to.

and for the corporate-speak guru's...the word "future" is outdated. It is now "on a go-forward basis".

Can confirm. Also: "He's the bell cow" instead of just calling him the lead running back. 

During interviews, the questions that bug me because they're so stupid are the ones that go, "How big was it when you scored the winning touchdown?" It won the game! It was a big fuckin play! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Incredulity said:

The sippy cups and twisty straw cups my kids insist upon having.  They dont store in any cupboard well and the gotdamn dishwasher can’t dry them for shit so they douche me with used dishwasher water every time I unload the fucking things.

They ride great in the floorboard under the passenger side front seat for two weeks... half full of cottage cheese that was once formula.

Either that or it's pruno...

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:48 AM, Johnny Sack said:

One of my biggest pet peeves is when I’m sitting on a patio enjoying drinks or a meal and some dumbfuck pulls up in their Harley and revs the engine for a minute.  Assholes.  

I don't usually do that but now that I know it triggers you, I just might start. 

On 3/2/2019 at 7:25 AM, BladeRunnerRock said:

You will enjoy life a lot more if you give up sports talk radio.

I listened all of the time for about 35 years and just got tired of it. Have not listened in years.

Hosts say the same old shit all of the time and seem to spend a lot of time telling you what is coming up next and the callers are idiots.

Don't miss it at all.

Put on some good music and your day will be much better.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I listened all of the time for about 35 years and just got tired of it. Have not listened in years.

Hosts say the same old shit all of the time and seem to spend a lot of time telling you what is coming up next and the callers are idiots.

Don't miss it at all.

Yeah for a lot of 'em that's true. I enjoy The Dan Patrick show, then I switch over to music the rest of the day.

23 minutes ago, ztejas said:

9am Monday morning meetings. 

Just let me check my inbox and start my fucking week. We don't need to go around in a circle pretending like what each person has to say is important. 

Most of the meetings I have attended could have been handled individually or via email. 

That 1/2" by 9" long flat spot on my windshield that the wipers can't get to when it's way below freezing (-5 F this morning).

Corollary:  When the windshield warms up enough to where the wipers can get it, it automatically switches to "Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of me".

What grinds my gears is when you are trying to order breakfast at a restaurant or a hotel and their only breakfast sausage option is a turkey sausage. What kind of indifedal is okay with that? How is this a good market strategy? I guess I’m the only one who didn’t get the weirdo sausage memo? And don’t get me started on the chicken sausage option. I’ll never choose that particular Hello Fresh meal kit so stop giving it as an option. Chicken sausage is for the extremely perverted and weird. I’m not from the North; I don’t eat that. I’m from Texas. 
As a representative of the delegation known as the north, we do not claim turkey sausage.

8 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Don't miss it at all.

I only listen during football season but it does give me tired head once I got older. It's the same shit being spewed over and over. Only so much I can take. I have scaled way back on what I even listen to during football season. There's only a few local shows here in the DFW worth listening to for sports.